PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi again, bit like a bus, nothing, then two come allong.
On more than one occation I sold a truck to an operator who needed to spend money ( tax reasons) but did not need the truck straight away, some manufacturers gave a deadline for registering due to warrentee issues and model updates, Volvo was one. Harvey

Hi Dean,another bunch of superb pics ,really liked the Wilson F88,heres a cutting of its sister motor,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

A01771.JPG

Chris Webb:

Chris Webb:
Anyone recognise the Marathon tanker ■■?

The Marathon tanker with a JP Warrington reg is pulling a load of Hydrochloric Acid and I would hazard a guess at it being one of Runcorn Transport Services (RTS),or maybe an owner driver working for them,the standard livery was dark green.They had several Marathons and tri-axle trailers.I’m open to other suggestions though as usual :laughing:

" Hi CW that Wer More than Likely a Leather Chemical Lorry/Tnkr they run um in that color b4 it went to hays, I wer told by a couple of ther lads many moons ago somert do we the old livery wer all painted n lettered up, and prob a money saving exercise?? They had ERFs n SED ATKIS in SAME Plane Wrappers n aw.

Regarding stock piling new vehicles, Barlow and Hodgkinson were masters of the art! New Foden chassis would stand in their yard for a year or more, when we used to go for spare parts (they were a Foden sub agent as well as hauliers) you would sometimesbe told “Haven’t one in stock but give us an hour or so and we will get one from the field stores”. Back you went and were presented with (for example) a brake cross shaft covered in light rust and a chassis in the yard with just seven wheels and hubs on it! Good job they didn’t run steel cabbed crap like Volvo’s or Scanias, the things would have rotted away before they ever got to go on the road! :laughing:

Pete.

A01757.JPG
It’s them TK boys again, did they know something everyone else didn’t?
Bet it was more fun with a cross wind Dean, no nodding off :smiley:

CJA1:

Chris Webb:

Chris Webb:

The Marathon tanker with a JP Warrington reg is pulling a load of Hydrochloric Acid and I would hazard a guess at it being one of Runcorn Transport Services (RTS),or maybe an owner driver working for them,the standard livery was dark green.They had several Marathons and tri-axle trailers.I’m open to other suggestions though as usual :laughing:

" Hi CW that Wer More than Likely a Leather Chemical Lorry/Tnkr they run um in that color b4 it went to hays, I wer told by a couple of ther lads many moons ago somert do we the old livery wer all painted n lettered up, and prob a money saving exercise?? They had ERFs n SED ATKIS in SAME Plane Wrappers n aw.

Eyup Chris,aye I forgot about Leathers Chemicals,you will be right pal. :sunglasses:

Chris Webb:

CJA1:

Chris Webb:

Chris Webb:

Eyup Chris,aye I forgot about Leathers Chemicals,you will be right pal. :sunglasses:

Eyup Chris u awreet Pal?

kevmac47:
This LV cabbed ERF was new to the Burmah group in 1970, it was stored until 1972 then allocated to Castrol. Hence the “L” suffix, myself and Iain Wilkinson (who still owns it) acquired it for preservation in 1990. The tractor was painted in 1993 approx. it still looks good today.

Smart looking motor,thanks for pic “kevmac47” :wink:

Suedehead:

DEANB:
Says Churchfields on the trailer of the GUY ■■

Churchfields dairy from Salisbury.

Thanks for the name “Suedehead” :smiley:

bob-lad:
love these pictures dean the erf b series 6 wheeler is one of harris of holmes chapel they had about half a dozen motors on the old a 50 . wonder whos the yellow atki was with the Manchester reg

Thanks for the name Bob ! :wink:

HRS:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise this tired looking Atkinson ■■?

This old motor would have belonged to Meachers transport, Southampton. Still going strong to day using MAN since the demise of ERF and thier dealership ( KL Commercials) Harvey

According to Bob its a Manchester reg Harvey ■■? :unamused:

jshepguis:
The Calor Atkinson is a strange one a mark one cab on an N reg which would be Mark 2 Borderer era, wonder what the story is behind that?

Sounds a bit like the ERF yesterday ! Possibly old stock ■■ :unamused:

bob-lad:

Thanks for the pics Bob ! :smiley:

HRS:
Hi again, bit like a bus, nothing, then two come allong.
On more than one occation I sold a truck to an operator who needed to spend money ( tax reasons) but did not need the truck straight away, some manufacturers gave a deadline for registering due to warrentee issues and model updates, Volvo was one. Harvey

Good point Harvey,about the deadline for registering a vehicle due to the warranty ! :smiley:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,another bunch of superb pics ,really liked the Wilson F88,heres a cutting of its sister motor,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks for the cutting Bubbs ! :wink:

CJA1:

Thanks for the info “CJA1” :smiley:

windrush:
Regarding stock piling new vehicles, Barlow and Hodgkinson were masters of the art! New Foden chassis would stand in their yard for a year or more, when we used to go for spare parts (they were a Foden sub agent as well as hauliers) you would sometimesbe told “Haven’t one in stock but give us an hour or so and we will get one from the field stores”. Back you went and were presented with (for example) a brake cross shaft covered in light rust and a chassis in the yard with just seven wheels and hubs on it! Good job they didn’t run steel cabbed crap like Volvo’s or Scanias, the things would have rotted away before they ever got to go on the road! :laughing:
Pete.

Thanks for your comments Pete ! :wink: “Field stores” :laughing:

coomsey:
It’s them TK boys again, did they know something everyone else didn’t?
Bet it was more fun with a cross wind Dean, no nodding off :smiley:

Nothing wrong with a good old Bedford, think you are right about the wind ! “coomsey” :laughing: :wink:

Chris Webb:

CJA1:

[/quote]
Thanks for your comment Chris ! :wink:

CAM Group Transport ERF

A01737.JPG

P.C.Howard’s Transport ERF

A01714.JPG

K.J.Robinson DAF low loader.

A01724.JPG

TSL chinese six ERF

A01778.JPG

R.M.Francis Seddon Atkinson.

A01864.JPG

[/quote]
[/quote]
Eyup Chris u awreet Pal?
[/quote]

[/quote]
I’m alrayt me owd thanks,what about thisen? :grimacing:

bubbleman:

Suedehead:

DEANB:

Churchfields dairy from Salisbury.

Chuchfields, a regular delivery with bottles when I worked for Onward. Salisbury is a nightmare to negotiate with a high load, weight limits and bridge heights lovely!!! I wonder how the satnav brigade cope with it? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

DEANB:
F.H.Mucklow’s FIAT.

Trans Bosca Pegaso

Anyone recognise the F88 ■■?

Jacmil tidy Foden.

Anyone recognise the Maggie ■■?that Maggie looks very much like an owner driver that did South Wales to Stocksbridge or Tinsley Park (porcupine on the CB) every day,we usually passed each other around Alrewas A38 ( big Sis gaff) I heard he had a bad accident at Stocksbridge,running into one of Thorpes trailers cheers Alan

100 pages already? Well done, Dean, keep 'em coming!

Hi Dean, yep, you are right about the Atki I thought was meachers, Have a look at page 423 of the "Long lost southampton hauliers thread, you will see why I came to that conclusion.
Harvey.

HRS:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise this tired looking Atkinson ■■?

This old motor would have belonged to Meachers transport, Southampton. Still going strong to day using MAN since the demise of ERF and thier dealership ( KL Commercials) Harvey

No Mans HRS they run IVECO, Mercs Scania & Volvo now

Would that be Churchfields dairies Salisbury ?

robthedog:

Would that be Churchfields dairies Salisbury ?

I’m a bit late ive just seen the replies :blush:

DEANB:
Vacu Lug Marathon

New Maggie tractor.

Baldrys Transport F86

Allports Atkinson

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■?

The trailer coupled to the Marathon is a Target and it was supposed to be a revolutionary design at the time as IIRC those deep side raves were actually the chassis rails, it never caught on and as it was built in the N. East I believe that is where the main of them were sold. I think Larry would be able to explain better than me and IIRC Fergusons of Blythe ran some but I will stand being corrected on that ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

DEANB:
Vacu Lug Marathon

New Maggie tractor.

Baldrys Transport F86

Allports Atkinson

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■?

The trailer coupled to the Marathon is a Target and it was supposed to be a revolutionary design at the time as IIRC those deep side raves were actually the chassis rails, it never caught on and as it was built in the N. East I believe that is where the main of them were sold. I think Larry would be able to explain better than me and IIRC Fergusons of Blythe ran some but I will stand being corrected on that ! Cheers Dennis.

Those Target trailers were built in Blyth, your correct Dennis, Fergy’s ran quite a few of them. From what I remember they were a total pile of excreta!!! I think Van Hee also ran some, the chassis rails were on the outer edges of the trailer, they were not very stable and they flexed a lot when cornering. Also, sheeting them was apparently a bit of a nightmare due again to the chassis rails being on the outside. Fortunately I never had the dubious pleasure of having anything to do with them. Regards Kev.