PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hey DEAN ,some great shots here again , Pritchards then based at Crickhowell ,that Dodge did alot of work out of Coopers filters Llanfoist as well as Pilkingtons.
Trevor Oakley had a tidy fleet of Atki Borderers tp be seen at Metal Box Neath ,great stuff ,regards Keith .

That’s a excellent photo of the jakeway sed Atki :smiley:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Elddis Transport F88,with a dodgy marina shed overtaking !! :unamused: That will wind Paul up as its one
of his favourite cars ! :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■? from Garstang ■■?

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■?

Cant make name out on the MAN ■■?

National Carriers Seddon Atkinson.

Spire Transport Seddon Atkinson.Unusual load looks like 2 drop bodies for rigids.

W H Jakeway & Sons Ltd Seddon Atkinson bulker.

Yardley of Leeds Foden.

Spalding Haulage ERF

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■?

The Marathon is one of Albright and Wilsons,it’s got a EE Grimsby reg so would think it was based at their Barton on Humber site.

Albright & Wilson used to ship out through Poole twice a week and from memory they used to go to Rouen,
with some nasty chemical :wink:

Chris Webb:

moomooland:
0At first glance i thought this was taken beneath Junction 26 of the M62 near Bradford.
Does any one know any different??

I was told it was taken at the Coldra roundabout at the A449/M4 junction at Newport MML,so not sure pal.Maybe one of our Sth Wales lads can confirm.It does look like it.

:unamused:

moomooland:

Chris Webb:

moomooland:
3At first glance i thought this was taken beneath Junction 26 of the M62 near Bradford.

I was told it was taken at the Coldra roundabout at the A449/M4 junction at Newport MML,so not sure pal.Maybe one of our Sth Wales lads can confirm.It does look like it.

Its definitely not the Coldra as it is a concrete wall all the way down the slip roads not an embankment as in the picture.

Here’s a couple more taken at the same location, i am intrigued as to finding out where it is for certain.

:unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,I think the cattle wagon is the same as in the erf belonging to Golding as colour and signwrighting the same cheers John

Apologies for the delay but I’ve been on dog sitting duties at the sprog’s. Smallcoal is absolute!y correct in his assumption: both vehicles were part of the R H Goulding fleet from Newent, Glos. The livestock Albion Clydesdale was driven from new by John Blewitt until he got an ERF four wheeler with trailer, both fitted with Thorne’s livestock bodies. The ERF artic is one of about half a dozen similar vehicles supplied by Richard Read and on this occasion seems to be hauling empty boxes from Coleford to one of the local farms ready to be filled with black currants for Ribena.

Cheers “ROF” for your comments. I seem to remember we had some of theres in the first batch of pics
but trying to remember all of the different companies is impossible ! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

ramone:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

barrywaddy:
Mr , BEWICK ,I Remember that j reg atki comming into flint Regularley they also had 6 wheeler with the s ame cab and 180 engine happy days they were a good set of lads , Cheers Barry

Hiya Baz , hope you are keeping well mate ! No doubt you will remember the Makin fleet but I just bet you didn’t like seeing them at the Flint mill :wink: I recall that the little Irish fella John ? didn’t like Makins own motors but apparently the Makin Transport manager ( Jack Thompson ?) used to “impose” their own motors onto the Flint Mill from time to time, but you will know more about that than me Baz ! Cheers and kind Regards Mr. Bewick.

Did Makins run an AEC Marshal with 760 engine? I used to stay in digs at Neath and would have a pint or two with a Makins driver.I’m sure he said the Marshal was a cancelled overseas order.

AEC Marshalls with a downrated AV760` s were called Marshall Majors I think

Would imagine Graham will know when he comes on ! :unamused: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

moomooland:

Chris Webb:

moomooland:
3At first glance i thought this was taken beneath Junction 26 of the M62 near Bradford.

Its definitely not the Coldra as it is a concrete wall all the way down the slip roads not an embankment as in the picture.

Here’s a couple more taken at the same location, i am intrigued as to finding out where it is for certain.

I’d like to know too. I wondered if the Ridings SA410 was en route to Pontypool with plastic pellets from Wilton and if George Bloomer was en route to Bitmac Llanwern with crude benzen - pity I can’t see the hazchem label.Also Bell Line were associated with Newport as well as Middlesborough.So could the photo be anywhere around the Trunk Road A174 Teesside area? Bloomer loaded crude benzole out of Redcar and South Bank as well as Seal Sands.Just a thought. :question:

Hopefully someone will know ! :wink:

robthedog:

DEANB:
Tidy bit of sheeting on the marathon,anyone recognise the truck ■■?

Eastern BRS Crusader.

Leicester Heavy Haulage ERF

Another tidy bit of sheeting on the Cooper Scania.

Maxi and marina dean but not a Granada that’s a later mk3 cortina

Salford Van Hire Transcon.

Western BRS Scania overtaking Leyland of Rose and Sons.

Tarmac Foden

De Co Late DAF (Strange name ?)

Archbold FIAT, middle east haulier.Maxi shed overtaking,is that a granada and another marina shed going
the other way. :laughing:

Western Transport Scania.

Cheers Rob i wasnt sure if it was a Granada,thanks for confirming Cortina MK3 ! :smiley: :laughing:

kingswinford kit:
Hey DEAN ,some great shots here again , Pritchards then based at Crickhowell ,that Dodge did alot of work out of Coopers filters Llanfoist as well as Pilkingtons.
Trevor Oakley had a tidy fleet of Atki Borderers tp be seen at Metal Box Neath ,great stuff ,regards Keith .

Thanks Keith, Paul is very happy that so many people are enjoying the pics. :wink: Oakley’s seemed to
have been a fair size do you know how many motors roughly they were running ■■?

Punchy Dan:
That’s a excellent photo of the jakeway sed Atki :smiley:

Yes that was a nice pic Dan ,i am pretty sure we have had some more pics of Jakeway earlier in the
thread ! :laughing:

I dont remember seeing F88’s in Eggbeer’s colours. I can remember there F86’s and F7’s. Did they run
F10 does anyone know ■■

paulgee eggbeers.jpg

Danepak Seddon Atkinson.

paulgee danish bacon.jpg

Oldacre Mercedes.

2017-07-02 09.54.11.jpg

Anyone recognise the F86 tanker ■■?

2017-07-02 09.56.33.jpg

Evans & Perry Marathon.

2017-07-02 10.03.33.jpg

Shapland ERF

2017-07-02 10.06.43.jpg

Anyone recognise the DAF tipper ■■?

2017-07-02 10.09.17.jpg

L.W.Gready Volvo F86 bulker.

2017-07-02 10.11.44.jpg

Delanco Seddon Atkinson 200

2017-07-02 10.14.13.jpg

Cotton Transport Seddon Atkinson 400

2017-07-02 10.16.21.jpg

Looks like possibly one of Priestner’s F88’s ■■?

2017-07-02 10.00.59.jpg

2017-06-07 17.56.01.jpg

A couple more of Priestner’s from Carrington near Manchester.

Heading South down the M1 passing Toddington Services.

No night heater for this chap in his Atkinson Silver Knight.

Hiya Dean,you asked if Eggbeers ran F10s…yes they did and F12s too,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

moomooland:
A couple more of Priestner’s from Carrington near Manchester.
1 Heading South down the M1 passing Toddington Services.
0 No night heater for this chap in his Atkinson Silver Knight.

Thanks Paul for posting those pics ! :smiley: :wink:

bubbleman:
Hiya Dean,you asked if Eggbeers ran F10s…yes they did and F12s too,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Great pics Bubbs,i must have seen them but for some reason cant remember them running them but
seem to remember always seeing F86’s/F7 and ERF’s. I have an article somewhere i will dig out. :smiley:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■? from Garstang ■■?

Darbyshire & Horabin, and it’s a ‘Searcher’ :wink:

dcltransport.co.uk/history/

Ellis Greaves Transport Atkinson.

2017-07-02 10.18.32.jpg

Cawthorn Maggie.

2017-07-02 12.56.15.jpg

Port Hill Transport ERF

2017-07-02 12.59.54.jpg

Allingway Ltd Saviem.

2017-07-02 13.01.56.jpg

Lucas Girling Bedford TM

2017-07-02 13.04.17.jpg

Surprised Esso had such a rough looking outfit on the road.

2017-07-02 13.06.36.jpg

Cant make the name out on the brick carrying Maggie ■■?

2017-07-02 13.15.13.jpg

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

2017-07-02 13.17.24.jpg

Demmett Transport ERF

2017-07-02 13.19.57.jpg

Costal Roadway’s ERF

2017-07-02 13.23.12.jpg

Well Folks, THE esso tanker looks like one of Eccles tankers ,on contract . the had about 10 parked in Sandycroft , Cheers Barry

Chris Webb:

moomooland:

Chris Webb:

moomooland:

I’d like to know too. I wondered if the Ridings SA410 was en route to Pontypool with plastic pellets from Wilton and if George Bloomer was en route to Bitmac Llanwern with crude benzen - pity I can’t see the hazchem label.Also Bell Line were associated with Newport as well as Middlesborough.So could the photo be anywhere around the Trunk Road A174 Teesside area? Bloomer loaded crude benzole out of Redcar and South Bank as well as Seal Sands.Just a thought. :question:

seen a lot of photos that have been taken on this roundabout, it looks very much like the old a1 m62 junction at ferrybridge the junction to the right of the photo is the entrance to the services

I’m with you on that one artic monkey

artic monkey:
seen a lot of photos that have been taken on this roundabout, it looks very much like the old a1 m62 junction at ferrybridge the junction to the right of the photo is the entrance to the services

Think you are spot on there nice one. :smiley:

ramone:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

barrywaddy:
Mr , BEWICK ,I Remember that j reg atki comming into flint Regularley they also had 6 wheeler with the s ame cab and 180 engine happy days they were a good set of lads , Cheers Barry

Hiya Baz , hope you are keeping well mate ! No doubt you will remember the Makin fleet but I just bet you didn’t like seeing them at the Flint mill :wink: I recall that the little Irish fella John ? didn’t like Makins own motors but apparently the Makin Transport manager ( Jack Thompson ?) used to “impose” their own motors onto the Flint Mill from time to time, but you will know more about that than me Baz ! Cheers and kind Regards Mr. Bewick.

Did Makins run an AEC Marshal with 760 engine? I used to stay in digs at Neath and would have a pint or two with a Makins driver.I’m sure he said the Marshal was a cancelled overseas order.

Yes Marshal Major is correct. AV760 engine with a DPA rotary fuel pump down rated to 180 bhp. D203 6-speed O/D gearbox and a Marshal rear bogie, choice of 6x2 or 6x4. Heavier than a standard AV505 Marshal chassis but lighter than a Mammoth Major 6. The 6x2 model was a good lorry, the extra power of the AV760 in the 6x4 model could knock out the third diff. on rough ground.

barrywaddy:
Well Folks, THE esso tanker looks like one of Eccles tankers ,on contract . the had about 10 parked in Sandycroft , Cheers Barry

Thanks for your input Barry. :wink:

artic monkey:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
:laughing: :wink:

coomsey:
I’m with you on that one artic monkey

:smiley:

moomooland:

artic monkey:

:smiley:

gingerfold:

Bewick:

barrywaddy:

[/quote]
Yes Marshal Major is correct. AV760 engine with a DPA rotary fuel pump down rated to 180 bhp. D203 6-speed O/D gearbox and a Marshal rear bogie, choice of 6x2 or 6x4. Heavier than a standard AV505 Marshal chassis but lighter than a Mammoth Major 6. The 6x2 model was a good lorry, the extra power of the AV760 in the 6x4 model could knock out the third diff. on rough ground.
[/quote]
Thanks for your comments Graham. :smiley: :wink:

moomooland:

artic monkey:

dont ever remember seeing anyone on that roundabout taking photos and i used to use it everyday back in the nineties. one of george bloomers we bought a few years ago

artic monkey:

moomooland:

artic monkey:

dont ever remember seeing anyone on that roundabout taking photos and i used to use it everyday back in the nineties. one of george bloomers we bought a few years ago

Hi all,I did wonder about the photo location as being the old M62 A1 split.arctic monkey is right imo.
Regards Andrew.

artic monkey:

moomooland:

artic monkey:

Nice pics “artic monkey” thanks for posting. :wink: