PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,I think the cattle wagon is the same as in the erf belonging to Golding as colour and signwrighting the same cheers John

Yes i think you are right John ! :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Looks like waters driver is waving to the other waters lorry going the other way .

Yes could be another Water’s motor going the other way ! :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb, the pic of your Marathon was taken here on the M50 heading from Wales towards
The Midlands. :wink:

seantoole5:
[quote="DEANB
Will send you a PM Sean. :wink:

Thanks mate :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Sean send you a message in a minute as Paul has just been in contact ! :laughing:

DEANB:

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,I think the cattle wagon is the same as in the erf belonging to Golding as colour and signwrighting the same cheers John

Punchy Dan:
Looks like waters driver is waving to the other waters lorry going the other way .

Chris Webb, the pic of your Marathon was taken here on the M50 heading from Wales towards

seantoole5:
[quote="DEANB

Sean send you a message in a minute as Paul has just been in contact ! :laughing:
[/quote]
Hi Dean,thanks for the map,much appreciated. I have been accused on another site of having the Ripley Pig int cab on one photo.
Ha ha,I don’t think so,what a dog she were. :angry: :angry: :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Check out the long wheelbase on the R k Crisp guy ,I’d say it’s a 8 potter ? :laughing:

Dean the Commer cattle truck and the ERF are both RH Golding from Gloucester way, remember there colours and its ironic as I sold my present Merc cattle float to the son in Frome Market only this Friday, its got decks and they want it for the hunt using the front half with decks for the hounds and the back for the hunting horses, when he picks up the Merc I will ask him to confirm, Buzzer

2017-06-30 19.04.58.jpg

2017-06-30%2014.36.42.jpg

Atki loaded-001.jpgSame motor different trailer.

Atki empty-001.jpg

DEANB:
Merc looks heavy on the pin axle ?

Anyone recognise the Merc ■■?

Allatts transport DAF

Cant make the name out on the cattle wagon ■■?

T H Brown Seddon Atkinson.

Glyn John Volvo F86

Think it says Motive ■■ on the door of the Fiat.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■?

Glyn John Seddon

Transmitcham Saviem.

The trailer coupled to the Wild Merc looks to have a fair bend on it as well ! Cheers Dennis.

pete 359:

Bewick:

jshepguis:
Great seeing the two Arthur Sanderson Borderers, father and uncles drove for them. Driver of GAJ 633N was Richard Wilson, this lorry was used as a tramper and wasn’t on changeover or trunking duties along with GHN 535N which may be the other borderer behind in photo. Sandersons had a depot in Newport so most of the work was between the north east and south wales, steel especially. Is this road the Monmouth road?
Dennis as far as i can remember Sandersons fleet was pretty standardised in that Gardner 180 david brown 6 speed. The last one of which my uncle drove DPY 565L had the later axle as it was about 10mph faster than the others! They then bought 3 Gardner 240 and 4 off 220 ■■■■■■■ all with 9 speed Fullers on M plates then GAJ and GHN were last Borderers bought with same spec, as far as i can recall, before they bought their first 400 series, which was also the first sleeper cab on the fleet.
Once again these photos are like a time capsule and once again thank you DeanB and Paul for putting these out.

Thanks for the info, the Borderers sure were my favourite motor ! though the Sed /Atks never replaced to the same degree as far as I was concerned, and also from the personal experience of operating them ! Many Thanks Dennis.

hi dennis,
i recall sanderson very well.they ran a changeover with protheroe transport from port talbot.the changeover point was litchfield,many years later,during the 1990’s,i can also recall sanderson’s yard on corporation road newport,later became a part of the durham group,i think?
regards andrew.

I had to leave my AEC Mandator down at CV Sales Swansea one Friday afternoon,due to a u/s compressor.I remember it was September 1975,a long hot summer and after getting lifts with Griff Fender,Calor Transport,Armstrongs from Jamaica Road/Street with brown 4- wheeled Leylands ,Corona from Pontypool with a Crusader IIRC,somebody from Waterbeach with an F86 artic who had delivered some urgent cattle fodder in Sth Wales,I eventually finished up in Lichfield.I was walking to the A38 slip road when a S Protheroe Borderer stopped for me without me even waving log book.He just said that he was changing over with Sandersons at Fradley near Lichfield but wasn’t sure how long the changeover would be,he didn’t want me to think I was being ignored.That’s how it was then,very few wagons went past a driver with a log book.I did eventually get a lift with Burton the Tailors - or was it Alexon or High Street Transport then?? - anyway to Trowell Services where the Cardiff driver swapped full outfits with the Leeds driver who very kindly dropped me at Tinsley bang on midnight.Of course I was paid a night out for Friday and train fare and travelling time for Saturday…I still feel rayt guilty about it,but it had to done. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DEANB:
Scania, with an unusual tanker trailer.

Leyland looks new.

F86

I remember Howard’s are they still going ? Cant remember seeing one for years ?

ERF tanker.

Foden tanker.

Volvo F88

Tidy ERF

Another ERF

MAN

Although I can’t read the hazchem label on the back of the Coastal Roadways ERF “A” Series,i would guess that it’s loaded with Styrene out of BP Baglan Bay,they were regulars in there along with Wincanton and Hemphills.

moomooland:
Some cracking pictures on here.

Sat here with bated breath wondering whats coming next and will i actually feature in any of the up and coming pictures :smiley:

Brilliant stuff here’s my favorite so far.

Loaded with plastic pellets out of Wilton I think? Maybe bound for Pontypool.

Chris Webb:

DEANB:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

seantoole5:
[quote="DEANB

Hi Dean,thanks for the map,much appreciated. I have been accused on another site of having the Ripley Pig int cab on one photo.
Ha ha,I don’t think so,what a dog she were. :angry: :angry: :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
:laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Check out the long wheelbase on the R k Crisp guy ,I’d say it’s a 8 potter ? :laughing:

:unamused:

Buzzer:
Dean the Commer cattle truck and the ERF are both RH Golding from Gloucester way, remember there colours and its ironic as I sold my present Merc cattle float to the son in Frome Market only this Friday, its got decks and they want it for the hunt using the front half with decks for the hounds and the back for the hunting horses, when he picks up the Merc I will ask him to confirm, Buzzer

Small world Buzzer ! :wink: :laughing:

moomooland:
1Same motor different trailer.

Nice to see you back Paul ! :wink: :smiley:

Bewick:

DEANB:
Merc looks heavy on the pin axle ?

Anyone recognise the Merc ■■?

Allatts transport DAF

Cant make the name out on the cattle wagon ■■?

T H Brown Seddon Atkinson.

Glyn John Volvo F86

Think it says Motive ■■ on the door of the Fiat.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■?

Glyn John Seddon

Transmitcham Saviem.

The trailer coupled to the Wild Merc looks to have a fair bend on it as well ! Cheers Dennis.

:unamused: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

pete 359:

Bewick:

jshepguis:
Great seeing the two Arthur Sanderson Borderers, father and uncles drove for them. Driver of GAJ 633N was Richard Wilson, this lorry was used as a tramper and wasn’t on changeover or trunking duties along with GHN 535N which may be the other borderer behind in photo. Sandersons had a depot in Newport so most of the work was between the north east and south wales, steel especially. Is this road the Monmouth road?
Dennis as far as i can remember Sandersons fleet was pretty standardised in that Gardner 180 david brown 6 speed. The last one of which my uncle drove DPY 565L had the later axle as it was about 10mph faster than the others! They then bought 3 Gardner 240 and 4 off 220 ■■■■■■■ all with 9 speed Fullers on M plates then GAJ and GHN were last Borderers bought with same spec, as far as i can recall, before they bought their first 400 series, which was also the first sleeper cab on the fleet.
Once again these photos are like a time capsule and once again thank you DeanB and Paul for putting these out.

Thanks for the info, the Borderers sure were my favourite motor ! though the Sed /Atks never replaced to the same degree as far as I was concerned, and also from the personal experience of operating them ! Many Thanks Dennis.

hi dennis,
i recall sanderson very well.they ran a changeover with protheroe transport from port talbot.the changeover point was litchfield,many years later,during the 1990’s,i can also recall sanderson’s yard on corporation road newport,later became a part of the durham group,i think?
regards andrew.

I had to leave my AEC Mandator down at CV Sales Swansea one Friday afternoon,due to a u/s compressor.I remember it was September 1975,a long hot summer and after getting lifts with Griff Fender,Calor Transport,Armstrongs from Jamaica Road/Street with brown 4- wheeled Leylands ,Corona from Pontypool with a Crusader IIRC,somebody from Waterbeach with an F86 artic who had delivered some urgent cattle fodder in Sth Wales,I eventually finished up in Lichfield.I was walking to the A38 slip road when a S Protheroe Borderer stopped for me without me even waving log book.He just said that he was changing over with Sandersons at Fradley near Lichfield but wasn’t sure how long the changeover would be,he didn’t want me to think I was being ignored.That’s how it was then,very few wagons went past a driver with a log book.I did eventually get a lift with Burton the Tailors - or was it Alexon or High Street Transport then?? - anyway to Trowell Services where the Cardiff driver swapped full outfits with the Leeds driver who very kindly dropped me at Tinsley bang on midnight.Of course I was paid a night out for Friday and train fare and travelling time for Saturday…I still feel rayt guilty about it,but it had to done. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice story Chris ! :wink: :smiley:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Scania, with an unusual tanker trailer.

Leyland looks new.

F86

I remember Howard’s are they still going ? Cant remember seeing one for years ?

ERF tanker.

Foden tanker.

Volvo F88

Tidy ERF

Another ERF

MAN

Although I can’t read the hazchem label on the back of the Coastal Roadways ERF “A” Series,i would guess that it’s loaded with Styrene out of BP Baglan Bay,they were regulars in there along with Wincanton and Hemphills.

Thanks for your input Chris. :wink:

Chris Webb:

moomooland:
Some cracking pictures on here.

Sat here with bated breath wondering whats coming next and will i actually feature in any of the up and coming pictures :smiley:

Brilliant stuff here’s my favorite so far.

Loaded with plastic pellets out of Wilton I think? Maybe bound for Pontypool.

Thanks again. :smiley:

amazing photos. there are a few real gems from my past. would it be ok to share a few to our facebook page?

wideboybob:
amazing photos. there are a few real gems from my past. would it be ok to share a few to our facebook page?

Hello Bob,have sent you a PM . :wink: :smiley:

C.C.Pritchard Dodge.

2017-06-30 19.15.51.jpg

J.Cowgill Seddon Atkinson bulker.

2017-06-30 19.18.19.jpg

British Industrial Sand ERF

2017-06-30 19.21.00.jpg

FRC Transport Wales Volvo F10/12

2017-06-30 19.22.50.jpg

BRS Crusader.

2017-06-30 19.26.31.jpg

G R Stein Crusader

2017-06-30 19.28.52.jpg

Cant make the name out on the Bedford ■■?

2017-06-30 19.31.31.jpg

WBS Transport FIAT.

2017-06-30 19.35.18.jpg

Kwik Save Seddon.

2017-06-30 19.37.32.jpg

Hick’s Ford Transcon.

2017-06-30 19.39.23.jpg

DEANB:
Some pics.

Were Carmans and Brit European owned by the same people/group ■■ Merc leaving Poole docks !

Melbourn chemicals ERF

ERF overtaking a Foden, anyone recognise either ■■

Geo Beer & Sons,would that be on hire to Morgan looking at the headboard ■■?

Seddon Atkinson of Laingfreight heading into Poole docks !

French F88 of Transport Sain-Avignon leaving Poole docks. All those storage tanks in the background
are long gone.

Would that be an Italian MAN ■■? Just about to turn into Poole docks.

Bejam group DAF

Lovatts ERF

Transfleet Seddon Atkinson.

Regarding the storage tanks on Poole Docks,were they PD (Powell Duffryn) Storage? If so I used to run Styrene from Baglan Bay into there in the 70s when I worked for A E Evans.One of my favourite runs that was,tip Poole,run to ISR Hythe,load for Staveley Chemicals and a dodgy at Leicester Forest or Trowell. :grimacing:

2017-06-30 19.26.31.jpg

moomooland:

Nice advert and pic Paul ! :wink:

Heres another one.

Mercedes of P Davis.

2017-06-30 19.42.58.jpg

Anyone recognise the Transcon ■■?

2017-06-30 19.46.52.jpg

Dyfed Sludge Disposal Bedford.

paulgee dyfed sludge bedford.jpg

Anyone recognise the Seddon atkinson ■■?

2017-06-30 19.51.51.jpg

J G Thomas Guy.

2017-06-30 19.54.00.jpg

Bedwells Transport tidy DAF

2017-06-30 19.56.14.jpg

Looks a horrible load to try and secure on S Dugdale & Son’s Bedford.

2017-06-30 19.58.28.jpg

Calor ERF

erf a series.jpg

Another of Oakley transport. They must have been a fair size i would imagine as had a few of there’s
on here ■■

2017-06-30 20.01.46.jpg

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

2017-06-30 20.13.19.jpg

DEANB:
Some pics.

Foden breakdown truck.

vinyl.jpg

Carefoot Atkinson defender

S.Harrison & Sons Scammell,these were running on for years remember seeing them on the M1.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

W.H. Fearn ERF,with Guy Big J following.

Vinyl products tidy marathon.

Hoover Foden

Sturge chemicals ERF. Think that might be a Dawson freight F88 overtaking ■■?
cant remember ■■ is it Crow tankers ■■

Mark Yate Plant Co Ltd, DAF low loader.

S.Watson borderer.

Vinyl Products from Carshalton used to load Vinyl Acetate out of BP Baglan Bay int 70s.

DEANB:

logger:

DEANB:
MAN ,Frame Duncan & Reid ■■

Foden,looks like a ex Rugby Cement motor. Anyone recognise the ERF ■■

ERF bulker of W.H.Pritchard.

Chew Bros mercedes.Only single wheels on the trailer,most were double back then.

Tidy 86 of AA Griggs & Co.

Nice looking Defender of Hopkins Bros.

S & H Mc Call Scania 111

Burgh Bedford TM

DAF of BRS

I R Dunkerley DAF

I R Dunkerley & W H Pritchard both from Yate nr Bristol . So many transport companies in that area back then hardly any of them left .
The 2300 of I R Dunkerley was one of 2 the same which were the 1st DAF’s in the fleet . Not sure which one but one was written off in an accident on the A12 in bad weather

Thanks for your comments “logger” :wink: :smiley:

Definitely a Frame Duncan and Reid MAN Logger. I remember their yard at Blyton.

DEANB:
Mercedes of P Davis.

Anyone recognise the Transcon ■■?

Dyfed Sludge Disposal Bedford.

Anyone recognise the Seddon atkinson ■■?

J G Thomas Guy.

Bedwells Transport tidy DAF

Looks a horrible load to try and secure on S Dugdale & Son’s Bedford.

Calor ERF

Another of Oakley transport. They must have been a fair size i would imagine as had a few of there’s
on here ■■

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

The Volvo F 10 looks to be one of Nelsons of Arnside , ■■■■■■■ .