Pat (ainacs) Duffy

I never met Pat Duffy personally, but through his contributions to this forum feel I knew him, maybe we have met, like ships that pass in the night, as I have done the same things and been to many of the same places as him, RIP brother driver you’ll be missed by a lot of fellow drivers, deepest condolences to his family.

Ossie

Tragic news and one of Southampton’s true personalities, I met and had dealings with Pat when I was at TIP Trailer Rental and through Derek Lush of Trailercare, deepest condolences to his family, RIP Pat.

Andy and also Tony Gatrell

I never met Pat, but he was a stalwart of this forum and will be missed by many.

R.I.P. Pat.

very sad and tragic news ive known pat for many years as a boss to me and a friend he will be sadly missed by all condolences to sue and family R I P pat ron and maria

I didn’t know Pat personally, but felt I did through the TNUK forum, a contributor who knew his stuff, had done the job and earned respect in the haulage game. A very tragic and sad loss to us all who had come to know him, my sincere condolences to his family and friends, RIP Mr Duffy.

Regards
Dave Penn;

sad and tragic news, condolences to all the family, rip pat.
dennis

God bless you Pat RIP

R.I.P Pat Duffy Condolences to all his Family, your knowledge of the Transport Industry and in particular Transport Companies of Southampton is legendary, You will be sadly missed
Gazza P
Pentalver

I was so shocked to hear the news yesterday morning about the sad loss of Pat. I had known Pat for 35+ years, from the days of drinking in the Waterloo Arms in Empress Road also through the years in transport. I know he will be greatly missed. My condolences to his wife and family at this very sad time.
Also on behalf of my brother Allan Nichols and Sparky (Chris Sparks).

R.I.P. Pat

Paul

Such awful news, I never met him in this life but send sincerest condolences to his friends and family and hope to meet up with him at that great bacon butty van in the sky…

My deepest sympathy goes out to Paddy, the rest of the Duffy family and to all Pat’s friends. Like a lot of Trucknet members I never met Pat personally but I enjoyed, admired and respected reading his posts and views.
R.I.P. ainacs.

Regards Steve.

I logged in this morning to catch up on the Southampton thread and was hit by this terrible news. R.I.P Pat, and condolences to your family. What a nice bloke, always had time to answer my stupid questions! Although I never had the privilege of meeting Pat I knew of him from when I was a truck mad kid as we would pass his yard regularly and I would try to spot how many Scanias he had in there. What a tragic loss, he will be badly missed.

what an awful tragedy . i never knew pat , but reading his posts and replies gave me an insight into his knowledge and humour . deepest condolences to his family and friends . trucknet is a poorer place without him , regards , dave .

This is a difficult post for me, Pat was a true friend and gentleman, it was only last week he was talking to me quietly excited about Paddy doing his HGV training with us, he was so proud of his children, I will miss my pal and our many chats, condolences to Sue and Paddy keep strong you know my phone numbers any time, Pat will live on for ever in all our hearts as we laugh at the times we have had the one thing we will never loose is our memories…RIP Pat Duffy

Rick

August Bash 2012. Presentation from Jimski of Pats’ 142.

Does this photo have to be authorised to post here?

I can’t believe this is the same pat. I was in the pub on Sunday where he would usually drink and gave my condolences to his wife. Was such a tragic accident and may he rest in peace

Paddy known dad since i was a kid,my thoughts are with you and your family in such a sad time he will be missed by many! R I P PAT!!
Twist (Neil Barfoot)

I’m not sure who pat is but I felt I should read the thread and pass on my condolences to his family, friends and all who know him for the forum. From what I have read he is an amazing man and will be truly missed.
May you rest in peace Pat.

I’ll try Gazz… I’ve tried to Gazz no show mate don’t know why ! I know I’ve done it right !! It was Pat that showed me how to post attachments on here, he showed me at one of our Thursday tea party’s at the yard … Which we all gonna miss !! Bless him. Rest in peace Pat.

I’ve known Pat off and on for many years, since I was about 12 playing with lorries with Dad and Bob Newman at Nursling in the early 80’s

a lovely man, a true gent

such a shock to hear the sad news. a man who will be sorely missed

George