Owens

yorkshire terrier:

mick.mh2racing:
He was unhappy to say the least, hadn’t slept much and was ill prepared for being away.

That sounds to me like a bloke who wasn’t set up for the job to be fair,
Seen it before lads set on to do nights out then say they’ve not got there gear etc etc,
In my view if your given your own unit you kit it out to go anywhere,if you don’t have your own then fair enough

del trotter:

mick.mh2racing:
He was planning on jacking when he got home. Make of that what you will.

Perhaps somebody who should have asked more questions at the interview, nobody to blame but himself.

+1

Sounds like he’ll be doing Owens a favour if he does jack it, maybe he should try driving a Tesco ‘dot com’ van instead, assuming he can fathom that he needs to knock on peoples front doors and give them their shopping that is.

Owens make it very clear what shift type you are on whether it’s 4 on 3 off, 5 on 2 off, 4 on 4 off, days, nights or… TRAMPING!

ezydriver:

Bluebird3794:
Money is poor 365 after tax.

Is that every week? Or is that on your 3 day weeks?

I get paid every Friday without a doubt. Someday you do more then 12 sometimes you do less swings and around about there always looking for trampers they have nice kit atm.

As said, you get paid the same each Friday unless you do extra shifts then obviously you get paid more. I used to do a few six day weeks and took home around the £500 mark and still had two days off. The pay is what it is for South Wales im afraid, less the further west you go. Like I said earlier, a decent enough company I’m my opinion.

Wayne:
As said, you get paid the same each Friday unless you do extra shifts then obviously you get paid more. I used to do a few six day weeks and took home around the £500 mark and still had two days off. The pay is what it is for South Wales im afraid, less the further west you go. Like I said earlier, a decent enough company I’m my opinion.

Seems about right to me I know if you start before you get early start rate of 10ph for that day. And overtime rates if your shifts flows over the weekend.

Bluebird3794:

Wayne:

Seems about right to me I know if you start before you get early start rate of 10ph for that day. And overtime rates if your shifts flows over the weekend.

Depends what contract you are on apparently, there are hourly paid and also salaried wage structures, the 4 on 4 off is salaried and on the newer contracts any hours over the 48hrs is then paid at the higher hourly rate.

What I think Wayne is describing is 4 shifts at regular shift rate and two on overtime shift rate then two days off before starting his next 4 on 4 off rota.

Spot on Reef.