Owens

Does anyone on here work for or have worked for Owens the usual info if poss please ie what r they like pay etc thx in advance :sunglasses:

Hmmmm 86 views and not one comment not even a sarcastic one lol this is Owens based in wales in case somebody wasn’t sure so either nobody who works for them is on here or the lack of comments means something else :open_mouth:

I been there money not good job is a piece of ■■■■… :smiley:

mark41:
Does anyone on here work for or have worked for Owens the usual info if poss please ie what r they like pay etc thx in advance :sunglasses:

Well this is what they pay their night drivers…

A lot night trunk to Citylink Coventry.

andi_cardiff:

mark41:

Well this is what they pay their night drivers…

The bit missing from the ‘ideal candidate’ is

• You need to be as thick as â– â– â– â–  and be prepared to bend over and be shafted on a regular basis.

Thx for the replies it’s a tramping position out of a new small depot they opening in Hilton Derbyshire I live in derby but I tramp out from Buxton at the mo I do Sunday to Thursday the Owens job will be mon to fir think the money is slightly better than what I get at the mo certainly more than what is being shown on that ad that was posted but been with the one I’m with now for going on 7 months not got any gripes with them just the Owens job would be closer to home for me but I’ve not been in a situation like this before where another firm wants me I have spoke to my firm they said they don’t want to lose me so I find myself in uncharted waters it’s a bit weird maybe someone on here been through something similar could maybe give some useful advice thx :question:

My advice to you Mark would be to be honest with your present employer, tell them that you’re moving to a job with a higher hourly rate and if, as you say they don’t want to lose you then maybe they’ll match or even better the Owens rate. At the end of the day we all work for the money so I’d go (between two similar jobs) for the one that paid better.

the maoster:
My advice to you Mark would be to be honest with your present employer, tell them that you’re moving to a job with a higher hourly rate and if, as you say they don’t want to lose you then maybe they’ll match or even better the Owens rate. At the end of the day we all work for the money so I’d go (between two similar jobs) for the one that paid better.

Yeah I’ve already spoke to my firm about it they want me to find out exactly what Owens is offering me then they will see what they can do tried contacting the Owens guy today but he’s not in today but he wants me to do a 2 day induction starting this Friday and then the following Friday I have to give my firm a weeks notice too if I decide to leave

The rate in the ad is for South Wales…wages are low in South Wales…many jobs pay only NMW…but housing costs (buy or rent) are low too.

Owens have had a depot at Hilton for years they have only 3 or 4 units based there it’s next to NR Evans yard and RG Fenns think they mainly use it for trailer swapping and some of the motors there must be double shifted as they run 24/7 operation I can’t help u regards money but I’m sure I saw a advert on jobcentre a year or so ago and I think they were advertising round 7-7.50 a hr I think . They must be looking to expand there fleet at Hilton possibly ■■ I know they pull cans for Ball packaging as I’ve seen them tipping in the brewery in Burton upon Trent .

I was getting fuel in Wilton Ross On Wye a couple of months ago, and a South Wales Owens lad was there, he didn’t say anything about the job, good or bad, but he did say the money was crap, and he couldn’t wait to get out.

A driver out of droitwich told me they get a better rate than the drivers in South Wales.

Thetaff2:
A driver out of droitwich told me they get a better rate than the drivers in South Wales.

True. I imagine it causes a lot of infighting within the workforce.

Thetaff2:

Not good is it, they’re all doing the same job.

what you will get is lots of 15 hrs…