Owens Transport Wrexham

Anyone had any experience here?

I have seen in plenty of posts they are always looking for drivers, and its for a reason. But i’m wanting to try all my options as i have only ever done Recovery work so far including heavy, but would like to have a go at hauling.

I understand the pay is not the best, but what is the work like? i have a young family, so would hopefully be looking at 4 on 4 off if its available, but wouldn’t mind tramping the 3 nights as im now used to the contraflow recovery.

Thanks in advance!

Owens tend to offer a variety of shift patterns, 4 on 4 off, days, nights, 5 on 3 off (i think), and obviously tramping, it’s one of the few places that asks you what shift pattern you want, that’s how it is down here but then I’m in between three depots on the South Wales M4 corridor.

As for wages, you won’t get rich that’s for sure, but you’ll earn experience and that’s often worth more to someone new to the industry.

They tend to do General Haulage, palletforce, waste water tankers, a bit of biomass and quite a bit of steel, not sure about wrexham but it’s probably much the same wherever you’re based.

What are they like to work for? Dunno not worked for them, but same as anywhere, keep your head down and crack on with the job and I assume they’re alright, afaik they run legal and by the book.

Thanks Reef!

As you said, experience would be the main key for me right now, Different kettle of fish!

Thanks for your input.