Oldest member on this forum.Also wit and wisdom!

rastone:

windrush:

rastone:
What the bloody 'ell are you thinking of.Not worth the money as you won’t be able to talk about Ballidon and all the 7mil.others youve worked for.
Get a cap a sack and chair and you’d be better off doing that instead of how much weight I’ve got on.Write a book or something and keep your laptop charged up.You must be bloody mad or have got a lot of brass

Tony

Eh, 7 million? :open_mouth: Only drove for two employers Tony, you get a good 'un then you stay with them. The ‘brass’ is not a problem now that I’m officially an OAP, easy money for sitting around doing nowt and all day to do it in I’m afraid. :cry:

Pete.

The trouble with retirement is we don’t get any holidays now but even so it’s not a bad job.

Tony

As my son says , i only get sunday off in a week , you get 7 sundays every week .

I tell my son, he will never live as long as our generation, for he is too fat and drinks too much. He said I can ride a bike up a hill, you get off and walk. Son it just proves my point that I am smarter and fitter than you. If you ever reach 79 I would love to see what condition you are in. At your age I could unload 20,000 bricks drive home and dig the garden the garden, not like you when you have done your 35 hour every night you give the setee a few zzzz

Norman Ingram:
I tell my son, he will never live as long as our generation, for he is too fat and drinks too much. He said I can ride a bike up a hill, you get off and walk. Son it just proves my point that I am smarter and fitter than you. If you ever reach 79 I would love to see what condition you are in. At your age I could unload 20,000 bricks drive home and dig the garden the garden, not like you when you have done your 35 hour every night you give the setee a few zzzz

I’m just a young sprog compared to you Norman, :imp: (69 yesterday) but l can show the young-uns in our old codgers bike group a clean pair of heels most days. I’ve ridden 50 miles since Sunday, tomorrow evening I will be leading a group on a 25 mile ride to Wylam and back to Gateshead Stadium. I also do occasional days driving for a mate of mine, with a 10 mile round trip on the bike included. Retirement? It’s magic!! IF… you don’t let the work interfere with life. Regards Kev

kevmac47:

Norman Ingram:

I’m just a young sprog compared to you Norman, :imp: (69 yesterday) but l can show the young-uns in our old codgers bike group a clean pair of heels most days. I’ve ridden 50 miles since Sunday, tomorrow evening I will be leading a group on a 25 mile ride to Wylam and back to Gateshead Stadium. I also do occasional days driving for a mate of mine, with a 10 mile round trip on the bike included. Retirement? It’s magic!! IF… you don’t let the work interfere with life. Regards Kev

Happy birthday Kev, 69 I bet that’s your fave number :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , I will drink to your very good health, & Keep up the good work Riding :wink: :wink: :wink: Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

Norman Ingram:

Happy birthday Kev, 69 I bet that’s your fave number :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , I will drink to your very good health, & Keep up the good work Riding :wink: :wink: :wink: Regards Larry.

On the grounds that l might incriminate myself I’m saying nowt about the numbers Larry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Thanks for the good wishes. Regards Kev

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

Norman Ingram:

On the grounds that l might incriminate myself I’m saying nowt about the numbers Larry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Thanks for the good wishes. Regards Kev

Hiya,
Birthday greetings Kev you enjoy your day mate and with all the cycling and doing
the odd shift you’re certainly not letting the grass grow below your feet, cheers.
thanks harry, long retired

Don’t mention grass “H” I have my own garden, my next door neighbours, and my daughter’s to look after!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Gardening?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
No no no…level the job off with a mates JCB, a few 1 ton bags of river shingle from Wickes, a few all year small shrubs dotted about, JOB DONE…FOREVER. Sit back and take a cold beer, prune the shrubs every couple of years. :smiley:

grumpy old man:
Gardening?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
No no no…level the job off with a mates JCB, a few 1 ton bags of river shingle from Wickes, a few all year small shrubs dotted about, JOB DONE…FOREVER. Sit back and take a cold beer, prune the shrubs every couple of years. :smiley:

First part with jcb done , flagged over with reclaimed slabs with a couple of small flower bds for the WIFE to tend . I can sit in the caravan at the side with suitable refreshment to hand and offer advice as necessary . She loves my advice lol , dave

kevmac47:
Don’t mention grass “H” I have my own garden, my next door neighbours, and my daughter’s to look after!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Would you like to come do mine as well just the hedge to cut & a little grass

Happy Birthday hope you had a good un

Happy birthday kev , ONLY 69 , i envy you it seems a while since i last saw 69 ( the age nothing else )dave

rigsby:
First part with jcb done , flagged over with reclaimed slabs with a couple of small flower bds for the WIFE to tend . I can sit in the caravan at the side with suitable refreshment to hand and offer advice as necessary . She loves my advice lol , dave

Dave, I admire your thinking about giving the wife a bit of something to do, it keeps 'em happy. :smiley:

animal:

kevmac47:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: There really is no answer to that my dear… :wink:

animal:

kevmac47:

Are we alone Ang■■? :imp: :imp: :imp: or are the evil minded old reprobates that lurk on this thread holding their collective breaths ■■ Let’s keep them in suspense a bit longer eh? Ps as we’re alone can you please define, quote " coming and doing your’s" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: :wink: Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

animal:

kevmac47:

Are we alone Ang■■? :imp: :imp: :imp: or are the evil minded old reprobates that lurk on this thread holding their collective breaths ■■ Let’s keep them in suspense a bit longer eh? Ps as we’re alone can you please define, quote " coming and doing your’s" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: :wink: Regards Kev.

Hiya,
Kev the “grass” comes with with smoking paraphanalia (spelling) the bush well
I’ll leave that to your imagination.
thanks harry, long retired.

Be careful Ang, you know what these old lorry drivers are like. :unamused:
Instead of organising a North East Drivers summer get together in the working men’s club this year why don’t you organise a garden party. Just get them all to bring a bottle and a sandwich along with sheers, spades and a flymo, I am sure that you can crack them into shape. And don’t let them talk you into pole dancing around the washing line, leave that to Norman. :laughing:

mushroomman:
Instead of organising a North East Drivers summer get together in the working men’s club this year why don’t you organise a garden party. Just get them all to bring a bottle and a sandwich along with sheers, spades and a flymo, I am sure that you can crack them into shape. And don’t let them talk you into pole dancing around the washing line, leave that to Norman. :laughing:

Hiya,
No, Norman only does sand dancing and every time he performs it’s up to me
to barrow five tons of sand away from the venue, and I refuse on account I’m
getting too old to trundle a wheelbarrow from Ang’s house to South Shields
beach it’s nearly ten days camel ride.

mushroomman:

Have several bottles of unopened bottles of that fine amber nectar as I can also cook I could offer to cook then lunch after they have helped cut the hedge the grass laid the rest of the flags dug up rest of grass :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

harry_gill:
Hiya,
No, Norman only does sand dancing and every time he performs it’s up to me
to barrow five tons of sand away from the venue, and I refuse on account I’m
getting too old to trundle a wheelbarrow from Ang’s house to South Shields
beach it’s nearly ten days camel ride.

Well there ya go Ang, I didn’t know that Harry had a Turk Scammell so who needs a Flymo.
I bet that Nozzor let him take the camel home after their last show in Cleethorpes, he probably told him that it would be just like taking home the class Goldfish over the school holidays.
B.T.W. Ang, that wasn’t you was it dancing with The Boys when Gandhi made that special guest appearance at The Whitley Bay Variety Hall ?
I think that I have just found the video. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=srLc6dT … V3bytPMxnk

Just posted this in Bully’s Truckstop Bar, scrolling through the net news today came across this, an 81 year old scottish grandfather offering Alexa a few swear words, click on the video.
metro.co.uk/2018/01/06/amazon-ec … t-7209432/
Oily