Old livestock hauliers shropshire

andrew brick:
Hi,very nice photos of the Stuarts old F88 240, great looking truck and handy triaxle trailer, bet she handled better than our old 3 deckers on tandems.
Just thinking ,does anybody have any shots of Williams of Worcester waggons, used to run under the handle of skyscraper 1 & skyscraper 2 ?.
also Emrys Williams ex Bulmers F88 day cab and that hughe trailer “coffin maker” that he used to pull. The old motor was parked up at the Cribbith,but I havnt been passed there for ages so not sure if its still there.Also Bill Jones (Kerry LB8! that Bill and Keith Pinchess used to drive.
also I have a quick test, a photo of a dutch spec LB111 ( TUX 501S ) that we bought 2nd hand, but does anybody know where from (143topliner allready knows,) but does anybody else ?

obvious answer might be lloyds, but as you said that 143topline knows then i’ll take a guess with crowthers

Hello I thought I recognised that reg. :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Bubbs. :wink:

Fantastic photo,great to see the old girl in her true colours, can you confirm that she was “dutch spec” she could certainly pull and was a much more powerfull wagon than our other Scania, which was a 274bhp.
I was offered job by Tony back in the early 80s, if I remember right it was £36. per day & trip money,never took him up oh the offfer, but to be honest I whish I had, just for a year or two,had to wait untill recent years to dive continental, & then I whished I had done it 20 odd years previous in its golden years. !.
regards Andrew

Andrew,this is what her true colours are mate. :laughing: ,dunno about it being Dutch spec. :laughing:

Hi again,just dug this one out,do you remember it Andrew. :laughing:

Hi Bubbs, yes I remember her well, was a good little motor,only 305 bhp but went very well.The driver driving it in this picture was" Little "John Lewis,who was a great young driver,his first driving job was driving for us, he was always a good driver from the start, and if he had a problem on the road the first we usually knew of it is when he rang to let me know that it was allready sorted. It was a loss when he left.
We kept the Scania for quite a while,her last couple of years was spent pulling a curtainsider for H P Bulmers on distance work,mostly Scotch, the driver then was Mike Goulder, who loved that little lorry and prefered to drive it over a G reg F10 Volvo.
P S heres a bit of info for 143topline, previous to working for us Mike drove for M A Evans… driving a brand new 450 bhp 143 Topline.
regards Andrew.

143topline:

andrew you will recognise this one
struggling to remember where i took it, either at 3 coun. really think it was 3 countiesties or royal welsh

Hi 143topline, nice photo of Dereks Scania, always a smart outfit but had to feel sorry for Derek at one time,he had shingels in the back,it must have been a hard time under those decks but he worked through it.
Do you have any photos of Dereks first solo motor,a bottle green scania 111. ?

Sorry there not shropshire livestock hauliers ,sure they may have come over the border one time or another :blush:

the paying end,not always as clean as this.

Do you know who’s Scania this is Andrew. I see it about a lot,but no idea where it’s from.

Hi Dave, not sure but might be Chris Thomas, Beguildy,he is running a couple for his own haulage, but I might be wrong.
regards Andrew.

IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/■■6/143topline/DSC_3957.jpg[/IMG]

andrew could this be the mack you drove to exeter. seen here at banbury market early 80;s

Fantastic shot there 143topline!

We finally managed to confirm that BFJ960T was originally Stuarts F12. We are hoping to scan & post some of my Uncle’s photos from back then, in the not too distant future. I told him about the ex Brittons driver (Gary) that you mentioned before, he says he remembers a chap by that name, thought he might have been involved in a serious accidet whilst driving there, does any of that sound correct?

He also mentioned that Stuarts ran an AEC Mandator wagon & drag that was bought s/h from a firm called ‘Perrys’ from Shrewsbury. They ran it in it’s original green livery for a while, eventually painting it in their normal colours. I’m wondering if it might have been ex Parrys from Bayston Hill?

Keep the photos coming gents!

Andrew Stone

hi pebbles andrew
the aec would have been parrys from bayston hill, haven;t got a wagon and drag of theirs but will see what i can come up with.
i have found a colour pic of the ex stuarts F12 but it is blue/ red with the spoiler removed. brittons also had a grey F88 and a white DAF2800
i have a pic of an F7 EIGHT WHEELER OF A E STUART

Hi 143topline
Did you manage to find the pictures of the trucks that were run by JT Padbury as yet?
Thanks

143topline:
hi pebbles andrew
the aec would have been parrys from bayston hill, haven;t got a wagon and drag of theirs but will see what i can come up with.
i have found a colour pic of the ex stuarts F12 but it is blue/ red with the spoiler removed. brittons also had a grey F88 and a white DAF2800
i have a pic of an F7 EIGHT WHEELER OF A E STUART

Hi my brother had aec wagon and drag at parrys was a twin steer had been a unit be good if any photos around cheers ian

Does any one remember Parrys from Bayston Hill by Shrewsbury ? They did a lots of livestock plus any thing they could get there hands on .

mercman123:
Does any one remember Parrys from Bayston Hill by Shrewsbury ? They did a lots of livestock plus any thing they could get there hands on .

Hi yes my brother paul cad worked there for few years started on d series then twin steer aec and drag then aec unit and ended up on sa 400 they were on containers a lot also had tippers cheers ian