Old girls still working

shot this old girl today in fenton s-o-t still earning her keep & with well over a million miles under her belt. she’s got a 525 ■■■■■■■ in her. many thanks to the driver for letting me take the pic & for coming & having a good old chat :smiley: :smiley:

cheers
gaz

DSC05048.JPG

tetragaz:
shot this old girl today in fenton s-o-t still earning her keep & with well over a million miles under her belt. she’s got a 525 ■■■■■■■ in her. many thanks to the driver for letting me take the pic & for coming & having a good old chat :smiley: :smiley:

cheers
gaz

Lovely old girl :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This old girl is on standby when needed

I found it on a Polish forum here: wagaciezka.com/viewtopic.php … &sk=t&sd=a and I think it’s a real gem:

Star 29, 1969 year, everything is original except from the engine - original petrol one is replaced with Leyland diesel engine.

The old lady have power assisted steering, partially synchronised gearbox, night heater and it exhaust emissions are up to the norm AFRO-1 :wink:

Good news are that there is no tacho and the owner claims that he was riding it at 100km/h and could do better, but obviously he still have some leftovers of common sense :stuck_out_tongue:

As you can see, it’s still working (altough from what the guy wrote, only part time :wink: ) :

But it’s not affraid of heavy work:

The guy bought it of the sentiment, as it is identical model to the ones his company started of and he is going to restore it to the original condition and keep as a pet :wink:

kevmac47:
0This old girl is on standby when needed

What a pig that is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

orys:
Star 29, 1969 year, everything is original except from the engine - original petrol one is replaced with Leyland diesel engine.

Bet it’s seen that mileage come round a few times

tetragaz:

cheers
gaz

A great motor (Best of British) & will do just as good a job as any of the EuroCrap we are now left with

Toddy2:

tetragaz:

cheers
gaz

A great motor (Best of British) & will do just as good a job as any of the EuroCrap we are now left with

hey toddy2

you got that right mate.

when i was talking to the driver, he was saying that he’s put a few parts on her in the past & cost a fraction of what they cost on the newer trucks with all this computerised stuff on em now.

cheers
gaz

560.JPG

1979 ERF at Charnock services last week, ultimate general haulage flat & tanker.

robroy:

1979 ERF at Charnock services last week, ultimate general haulage flat & tanker.

That one started life as a Toleman car transporter

ERF EC10 M646 OOX bottom picture shows it at a few months old owned then by Rexam now SCA and the top picture shows it still working hard to this day taking trailers for MOT test at Burton on Trent and delivering rental trailers

scan0037.jpg

scan0039.jpg

jonnytruckfest:
Taken in May of this year :slight_smile: Still earning their keep on the fairgrounds.

I know these aren’t that old but it’s not everyday you get two generations of vehicle together :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

i put a clutch in that green & white fh last year, atleast 3 of those are from hetton le hole.

Tamworth1:
ERF EC10 M646 OOX bottom picture shows it at a few months old owned then by Rexam now SCA and the top picture shows it still working hard to this day taking trailers for MOT test at Burton on Trent and delivering rental trailers.

you can’t go far wrong with an EC

this pulled up opposite me while on a 45 min break on the old A31 just outside Winchester on tuesday 7.12.11

usually got a trailer as well , 22yrs old , & owned by the driver for the last 16 yrs , had a good tidy up & engine rebuild i think he said, but other than that still going strong !

truckers boy:
i put a clutch in that green & white fh last year, atleast 3 of those are from hetton le hole.

Ex Paul Arthurton from Attleborough, I would guess. It’s got a Suffolk reg.

this SA is still graffting took this in june near belford, bumper

ATKI LES BASTON VGR808V (600 x 393)rz.jpg

ATKI LES BASTON VGR808V A5 (600 x 399)rz#.jpg

Photographed at Tees Port, Lowdons Tipper.

This old girl still at it a nice motor :sunglasses:

Ulceby today.