Good bye old yin.!

My old unit went away today , had her for 9 years!
Very reliable apart from last year n a half , that said never broke down just started costing at mot/6 wk insp etc,
Good luck to who ever gets her I wish you well ,
My question is what is the longest you have had a truck■■?

When I worked for co-op we had a rigid, X684NUG, it attained legendary status because it was that old with well over 1.5 million kicks, surely she’s not still going.

I was hoping they would restore it and put it on a plinth outside the new Castlewood depot ha ha.

My old truck was 54 plate on 1.2million kms when it left us to be closer to the VMU, think its still running at a depot down south so god knows what kms its on now. Never had any bother with it and its mpg was fantastic cannae get anywhere near it nowadays.

My current one is a 59 plate and its on 960,000kms. Its been the bain eh ma life will be glad to see the back of it.

Its Double shifted in case you think am doing awe they kms myself :laughing:

jil.jpg

I know this is a little off-thread but this old girl is still in service!! Originally A-reg. (1983/84) Volvo B10M Jonckheere P90 - superb vehicle. God knows total mileage but I used to drive her around Europe in the mid-90’s. She’s had at least 2 x exchange engines, plus at least 2 x engine re-builds not to mention at least 2 x full body re-furbs. A bit like Triggers brush!!!

Great vehicle, great memories!!!

Daz isn’t that just standard for buses lol
They things seem to last forever, I suppose it’s down to the price if I remember right a top spec (vanhool with Volvo /scania engine ?) cost well over £200,000■■?
Someone will point me right if wrong. ,

My uncle have a FH12 460 2002 and it got 1.6million km on it and it just keep going and gonig! Just regular service every 30000km.

Reg Danne

Fallmonk:
They things seem to last forever, I suppose it’s down to the price if I remember right a top spec (vanhool with Volvo /scania engine ?) cost well over £200,000■■?

Think there more than that, sure I read somewhere a top spec coach is around £500,000.

NewLad:

Fallmonk:

Think there more than that, sure I read somewhere a top spec coach is around £500,000.

Yep, £250 - 500K depending on size, spec., make & model.

The Jonckheere is a bit of a one off though, especially as it’s still a working vehicle - even though it has been ‘downgraded’ to regional work only now!!!

This N reg MAN skip loader was not very old when bought by Oakbank of Dumfries and went through the test last week ready for another years grind. Good service by anybodys standards.

Fallmonk:

A quick look around a few of the local coach companies and I’m sure a lot are older than me (I’m 24) but they whack private plates on to hide the fact. Remember going to school in a Ford from Alan Stephensons that had to be from the 70s, all wood interior.

And Kendal’s local firm just treated themselves to one, not sure of the age but it has a Leyland badge on the front :open_mouth:

had a 142 for 11 years god knows how many clicks it did on euro fridge work a lot off card lol then a new m reg 143 3 years and a lot of money later sold for scrap volvo fh since