Old F88s never die they just quietly rot away oha 787m

i took these about a month ago at a heavy plant operator near radstock in somerset anyone regonise the reg number

OHA

thats a Dudley reg Carl

Yam Yam country :laughing: :laughing:

comfy seat as well

That looks very sorry for itself Carl :frowning:

Its amazing what can be done though with the spare time and a big pot of money like you :wink:

Its amazing what can be done though with the spare time and a big pot of money like you

malc i wish :wink:

My dad drove that truck for WR Spencer (I think based in Brierley Hill) in the early eighties - during one of his very few breaks from M/E - Tilbury and back every day!

Crikey…found one of his old motors at long last!!

im glad someone recognise,s the old girl dave are wr spencer still going do ya know.thats some of the uk history of it does anyone know its ero travel history

Worse case of F88 abuse i have seen for a long time who ever is
responsable should be shot, come on guys have a heart someone
restore it i can throw in some weekends to help. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Its a great shame to see the old girl rotting away looks like it was a 240,
makes you wonder how many more are left rotting elseware!

Heres another one on the Cherbourg pininsular.

Shame to see! :cry:

Carl - I doubt they are still going, bit of a ramshackle outfit as I recall.

They ran two 240 F88’s, a deathtrap F86 and a motor panels cabbed Seddon.

Shame to see them left to rot… :frowning:

SACRILEGE !! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

About 12 months ago going up the A10 from Cambridge i was nailed buy a F88 dark red in colour this thing just showed what could be done with a little T L C
had dealings with a guy Bridgenorth way who was rebuilding a F88 but that was a couple of years ago any one seen it (not red one) if i remember.

I`m crying into me cornflakes. If any one is restoring one i have got a F88 door badge for a good home.

Should be given to one of these chaps!

The older one won an award on Sunday at the Tyne Tees historic & comercial

vernonbish777:
OHA

thats a Dudley reg Carl

comfy seat as well

It’s an Oldbury reg number, Dudley was FD

vernonbish777:
OHA

thats a Dudley reg Carl

comfy seat as well

This looks like an old F88 that a nice young lady going by the name of The Green Pirate used to drive I don’t know her real name but she used to pull ‘reefers’ and me and another lad roped and sheeted a load of dogmeat for her at Anglia canners in Penketh one day.

Would,nt it be great if we could get a photo of WHA 787M when she was on the road!!. Someone must have one somewhere. Im sure she was someones pride and joy once.

I mean OHA :blush:

bigtonec:

vernonbish777:
OHA

thats a Dudley reg Carl

comfy seat as well

It’s an Oldbury reg number, Dudley was FD

I don’t want to be picky lads but HA was a Smethwick reg up to 1974.When the “N” suffix came in HA was Dudley.