Ok then list of faults on new motor

i dont if this will help sean BUT and its a big BUT you can always ask for your money back… you still have your consumer rights and if you feel your being sold short you CAN ask for a refund and i have done it and got it.
i bought my wife a ford ka the ford garage did all the checks service and everything i picked it and it was pulling to the left so i took it back they had it 4 days i got it back still pulling to the left this time they had it a week came back and guess what… yes still pulling to the left took it back by now i had lost my temper this time they had 2 weeks!!! when it came back they had replaced the drive shaft next day oil on my driveway TOOK IT BACK told them i wasnt happy with the car and had lost confidence in it i want my money back!!! i had to come in and see manager and i got a full refund.
i really looked into this and you are entitled to a refund on a car just like anything else you buy but it is not advertised because every body would take the cars back over trival things.
its up to you but if you want to have a good look into it i did and it worked for me.

jessicas dad:
i dont if this will help sean BUT and its a big BUT you can always ask for your money back… you still have your consumer rights and if you feel your being sold short you CAN ask for a refund and i have done it and got it.
i bought my wife a ford ka the ford garage did all the checks service and everything i picked it and it was pulling to the left so i took it back they had it 4 days i got it back still pulling to the left this time they had it a week came back and guess what… yes still pulling to the left took it back by now i had lost my temper this time they had 2 weeks!!! when it came back they had replaced the drive shaft next day oil on my driveway TOOK IT BACK told them i wasnt happy with the car and had lost confidence in it i want my money back!!! i had to come in and see manager and i got a full refund.
i really looked into this and you are entitled to a refund on a car just like anything else you buy but it is not advertised because every body would take the cars back over trival things.
its up to you but if you want to have a good look into it i did and it worked for me.

Perfectly true this
My mates just done it with a 2nd hand focus from a dealer 3 year old car with low miles on it he only had it a couple of weeks and it developed a top end rattle so he took it back to the garage they had it a few days then gave it back and it was stil the same so he takes it back this time they have it a week and do a full top end rebuild and its still the same so he just got his money back and went elsewhere

unfortunatly for him he went and bought a

Rover :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
simon

the chap i do some work for has had problems with volvo top bar with 6 spots fitted by volvo the side lights in the spots have stopped working the truck has been back to volvo and they say because the lights are wired into the loom it will need a new wiring loom to get the lights to work volvo will not pay for this as its a second hand truck although it was bought through there aproved used dealer system.its not just volvo though he has a magnum with a dancing cab the air suspended cab constantly moves and doesnt settle renault kind find whats causing it they say although i would imagine they do know but its expensive to repair and they dont want to pay for it.im sorry to hear about the faults on your motor nsh thats all ya need after paying top dollar for a brand new motor

Rob K:
That is just simply unbelievable. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

My opinion of Volvo has just gone through the floor after reading that. I certainly wouldn’t have been so amicable about it that’s for sure. I would have taken it back with the list of faults on Friday, told them to fix by Monday morning when you’d be picking it up again.

I’ll second that, your only spending 80 grand with them after all, Tossers.
Hope it all gets sorted out quickly NSH.

north surrey haulage:
Are you sitting comfortably?
Then I shall begin … I have a feeling this most be a long post :unamused:

1, WATER IN FUEL WARNING LIGHT

From the time I picked the vehicle up this warning light flashes up intermitantly

2 , FIFTH WHEEL

When I was sent the photos of the truck (April 02) I noticed that the fifth wheel had been greased, This should not have happened as it was supposed to be fitted with a Teflon turntable.
I rang the salesman to point it out & he said he would get it sorted before I pick it up.
I arrive to pick it up on April 28 to find the Teflon turntable hasn’t been fitted to truck

3 , SCRATCHES

On arrival at dealers I was shown to tacho bay (where sat nav from old truck was due to be transferred and the first thing I saw were 3 scratch marks on the cowling just above the o/s head light which then led me to find the marks where the lacquer had been allowed to form a glob and dry.

Oh and some kind chap on the grids in Tilbury managed to spot the dent in the passenger door I hadn’t noticed. Ta mate

4 , C.B

I left my cb in the cab of the vehicle when the tanks were being fitted so it could be fitted before I pick up the motor.
When I arrive to pick up truck they have left it 'til then to fit cb but half way through fitting it they give up because they don’t have an aerial lead in stock to reach from the roof to the dash.
I also left a Stat Plus tv aerial to be fitted by the firm who did the roof lights.The aerial was fitted ok but when I asked where the end of the lead was I was told in one of the cupboards So after much searching around and scratching & cutting my hands and arms I couldn’t find it I asked the salesman to ring them and ask specifically where it was.
The firm rang and told me it’s in the roof lining behind the sunroof cowling
So I had to drop the plastic surround for the sunroof before I could get at it

5 , CD MULTI CHANGER

Simply just didn’t turn up with truck

6 , TRAILER COMPATIBILITY

Bearing in mind I had been at the dealers all day (with my trailer parked outside the workshop shutters) you would think that somebody may have mentioned the fact that the series 2 FH has a software problem with hooking up to trailers with led lights but this was a problem I came across at 19.00 when I wanted to be leaving & having hooked up I had no lights on the trailer.
This was overcome (eventually) by turning off some of the software in the dash but still has to be rectified was an upgrade which is apparently a chargeable job

7 , CRUISE CONTROL

When I picked it up and eventually left the dealers the cruise worked ok for the first 2 times then it many attempts(the record was 35) to get it to engage and when it did engage if I put my indicators on or flashed my lights it would turn itself off again ,by Tuesday of this week it packed up altogether.

8 , BUILT IN PHONE

I have paid for the phone that is built into the dash & seat which when it is working is very good but the reception can be very weak in places that were strong previously (ie M11,M25,M4 etc) also somebody rang me the other day and when I pressed the receive button it carried on ringing my end but had actually answered their end & they could actually hear the phone ringing & my cursing.

I have also noticed that there is no longer a permanent live accessory outlet so have asked for one to be fitted when the above jobs are done.

Now Volvo’s response.

The salesman arranges for the workshop manager to ring me to arrange an appointment to come in.

conversation 1(slightly edited but carries the main jist)

workshop manager (wm)

“We can fit you in for a mid-week quite easily”

Me

“Midweek’s not very good for me re arranging work around getting in there”

wm

“When’s the best time for you?”

me

“Fridays are best for me as it’s easier to work around the end of the week rather than the beginning”

wm

“Oh that’s going to be a bit difficult for us as its our busiest day for servicing!”

me

“Well to be honest its about the only day I can do it on really”

wm

“oh ok I’ll see if we can pencil you in for Friday 13th :open_mouth: but we will need the truck for 2 days”

me

“how am I going to get home?”

wm

“we can arrange a courtesy car for you”

me

“ok I’ll drop it off as early as I can on Friday & pick it back up Saturday then”

wm

“ok”

conversation 2 (again slightly edited but main jist covered) about 2 days later

wm

“just so I can confirm we said you would drop the lorry in on Friday & pick it back up on Tuesday”

me

" No we said I’d drop it Friday & pick up Saturday"

wm

“oh I think we will need it for more than 2 days to get all these jobs done”

me

“well are you going to provide me with a loan vehicle while mine is off the road?”

wm

“I’m sorry we cant provide that service”

me

“Well to be honest I’ve tried not to be [zb] about this but to best honest with you I literally cant afford to be off the road for 3 days I’ll be losing at least £300 a day while I’m off the road & I’m only going to be off the road because of faults on a motor you should have rectified before I even picked the truck up!”

wm

“I can understand what you are saying what I’ll do is put one fitter on it all Friday and get as many jobs done on it then as I can”

(note the lack of an offer of compensation for the lost earnings)

me

“well if it helps you can leave some of the minor jobs to be done on the first service”

(but they are not happy about that either as I’m going to be getting it serviced by a different branch so they will have to pay the other dealer for doing the work for them)

please note names have been withheld to protect the guilty :wink:

p.s

I was right about the length of post wasn’t I :unamused:

Told yer you shoulda gotta Renault Premium, 4 months on, only problems being Multi Changer coming loose, and dodgey paint job on bumper

little yella fella frantically (sp) searching for wood to grasp :unamused:

Took it in today for faults to be sorted should be ready tomorrow (but means I’m gonna miss my niece’s first birthday party)

I know about getting my money back etc but then I would be back at square one & to be fair once all the probs are done it’ll be a cracking little motor.

Other than that it pulls like a steam train & the fuel ecomomy is already better than the old motor (but I understand some others are not so happy here)

I shall keep you informed of the progress

Well Sean, I hope it all goes well and the ‘issues’ are sorted so that you can drive off into the sunset whilst consigning this hiccup to a distant memory!! :wink:

Well Is it all good Now?

All faults sorted?

north surrey haulage:
1, WATER IN FUEL WARNING LIGHT

done

2 , FIFTH WHEEL

done

3 , SCRATCHES

done

Oh and some kind chap on the grids in Tilbury managed to spot the dent in the passenger door I hadn’t noticed. Ta mate

4 , C.B

done

I also left a Stat Plus tv aerial to be fitted by the firm who did the roof lights.The aerial was fitted ok but when I asked where the end of the lead was I was told in one of the cupboards So after much searching around and scratching & cutting my hands and arms I couldn’t find it I asked the salesman to ring them and ask specifically where it was.
The firm rang and told me it’s in the roof lining behind the sunroof cowling
So I had to drop the plastic surround for the sunroof before I could get at it

5 , CD MULTI CHANGER

done

6 , TRAILER COMPATIBILITY

done

7 , CRUISE CONTROL

done

8 , BUILT IN PHONE

I have paid for the phone that is built into the dash & seat which when it is working is very good but the reception can be very weak in places that were strong previously (ie M11,M25,M4 etc) also somebody rang me the other day and when I pressed the receive button it carried on ringing my end but had actually answered their end & they could actually hear the phone ringing & my cursing.

I have also noticed that there is no longer a permanent live accessory outlet so have asked for one to be fitted when the above jobs are done.

I lost a days money about £300 & missed my niece’s first birthday

but apparently I now hold the maximum speed record for their courtesy car :open_mouth:

north surrey haulage:
but apparently I now hold the maximum speed record for their courtesy car :open_mouth:

:confused: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Eh.

Rob K:

north surrey haulage:

:confused: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Eh.

See the part about missing my niece’s first birthday then determine what my mood was & as it was a car I was unfamiliar with I was just testing it’s capabilities
:wink:

north surrey haulage:
See the part about missing my niece’s first birthday then determine what my mood was & as it was a car I was unfamiliar with I was just testing it’s capabilities
:wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sean,

Now you’ve had the new motor a wee while, tell us more about the MOPACC from a daily users point of view??

marcustandy:
Sean,

Now you’ve had the new motor a wee while, tell us more about the MOPACC from a daily users point of view??

Other than the fact I had to go and buy an adapter plug to use it I cant fault it.

The very first day I had the truck I put it to good use.

I had to run through the night to get a delivery done to Exeter After doing the delivery I ran up the A303 to Wincanton.

I pulled into a layby and had to shut both sets of curtains as it was sunny & pretty warm.

I turned the aircon on & went to sleep - About an hour later I woke up and had to turn the thermostat up because I was freezing my nads off :open_mouth:

I’ve also used it when sat on loading bays & cant have truck’s engine running

So all in all so far it’s been spot on

I shall concentrate on the phone for the moment & tell you about the other problems later.

I have now had the phone in for repair 3 times

1, I lost a days money
2, Whilst doing first service
3, Lost half day

1, Worked ok for about a week then started to freeze out & loose memory again.

2, went in freezing out & loosing reception came out freezing out,loosing reception & handsfree not working.

3,went in freezing out,loosing reception & handsfree not working came out the same.

Now it freezes out,looses reception ,handsfree not working & cant answere incoming calls

Infact all I can do now is read incoming text messages

They cant get me in until next Friday :open_mouth:

its bad everything thats happening to you have you had any stand up rows yet?

jessicas dad:
its bad everything thats happening to you have you had any stand up rows yet?

I’m going to be writing a letter detailing all the problems I’ve had since picking the motor up .

Considering I’ve only had the motor 9 weeks & I’ve had it in for repairs 4 times and only 1 fault out of the last 3 times has actually been done I dont think their customer service is coming up to scratch.
I havn’t driven 1 day since owning it when there hasn’t been a fault on it.

Currently the faults are:

phone - you know about

gearbox - keeps refusing to select a gear (including the limp home mode) I have to get out of cab & turn isolator switch on & off

Brakes - when braking the exhaust brake is supposed to cut in but it dosn’t & I get the wheel spin warning on the dash

ABS - warning light comes on for trailer abs permanant even tho nothing wrong with it (serviced this weekend)

Bulb warning - trailer brake light warning light comes on permanant again nothing wrong with trailer

Interior light not working - stopped working in first week bulbs & fuse ok

Fridge - keeps freezing no matter what setting it’s on everything worked ok before going in for service

Theres also the issue of a couple of jobs that were supposed to be done before I picked it up

1,fit a permanant live auxhilary socket to dash

2,wire in aerial to behind header blank (paid for)

And the fact that I stipulated before buying it that I wanted it serviced on Saturdays but the dealer cant do it because of staffing even t o I was told it wouldn’t be a problem

I estimate that so far I have lost between 600 & 900 quid in earnings since getting it

NSH,

You must be totally ****** off , having paid all that money.
It making me mad, :imp: :imp: :imp: never mind you, listening to YET ANOTHER CRAP DEALERSHIP who once they have got your dosh dont want to know.
Listen, do yourself a favour, get in touch with Volvos head office in the UK, you dealer is obviously not coming up to scratch and you are losing money.
YOU CANNOT KEEP GOING BACK TAKING DAYS OFF HERE A DAY OFF THERE. I HOPE YOU ARE BILLING THEM FOR YOUR DOWNTIME, YOU NEED TO.YOU STILL HAVE YOUR OVERHEADS
Your supposed to be saving money! Had similar probs with Haydock, and with all the downtime because I had to take the vehicle back for jobs not fixed and things that were ok when the vehicle went in were not ok when it came out ( one was a snapped front cab mounting!!!) They swore blind that they had not done it!!
Haydock Commercials, and I wished I had recorded it, told me that they do not and cannot check everything to which I replied Y charge me top dollar ? If im paying top dollar I want a top dollar service!

And the fact that I stipulated before buying it that I wanted it serviced on Saturdays but the dealer cant do it because of staffing even t o I was told it wouldn’t be a problem

I estimate that so far I have lost between 600 & 900 quid in earnings since getting it

Everybody wants their wagon servicing on a Sat because they dont want the downtime. It is their busiest period BUT THATS NOT YOUR PROBLEM, ITS THEIRS…Can you not leave it on a Sat and collect Sunday. Some dealerships work 24 over the weekend.
Is there another delaership yopu can take it to ? Write to their head office listing the faults, threaten them with legal action/solictior if they are not rectified. Also state that you want to leave the vehicle with the delaership and want all the faults fixed and either want a hired truck to carry on trading or you want the loss of income. If they refuse either, take them to court.

Im sorry but if you spend 80 grand you want top dollar service and you dont expect things to go wrong and if they do not to be rectified IMMEDIATELY.

Good luck

Oh whos’ the dealership? May be you should also write a letter naming and shaming them to Commercial Motor/Truck and Driver etc as well as this site.

routier:
NSH,

You must be totally ****** off , having paid all that money.
It making me mad, :imp: :imp: :imp: never mind you, listening to YET ANOTHER CRAP DEALERSHIP who once they have got your dosh dont want to know.
Listen, do yourself a favour, get in touch with Volvos head office in the UK, you dealer is obviously not coming up to scratch and you are losing money.
YOU CANNOT KEEP GOING BACK TAKING DAYS OFF HERE A DAY OFF THERE. I HOPE YOU ARE BILLING THEM FOR YOUR DOWNTIME, YOU NEED TO.YOU STILL HAVE YOUR OVERHEADS
Your supposed to be saving money! Had similar probs with Haydock, and with all the downtime because I had to take the vehicle back for jobs not fixed and things that were ok when the vehicle went in were not ok when it came out ( one was a snapped front cab mounting!!!) They swore blind that they had not done it!!
Haydock Commercials, and I wished I had recorded it, told me that they do not and cannot check everything to which I replied Y charge me top dollar ? If im paying top dollar I want a top dollar service!

Everybody wants their wagon servicing on a Sat because they dont want the downtime. It is their busiest period BUT THATS NOT YOUR PROBLEM, ITS THEIRS…Can you not leave it on a Sat and collect Sunday. Some dealerships work 24 over the weekend.
Is there another delaership yopu can take it to ? Write to their head office listing the faults, threaten them with legal action/solictior if they are not rectified. Also state that you want to leave the vehicle with the delaership and want all the faults fixed and either want a hired truck to carry on trading or you want the loss of income. If they refuse either, take them to court.

Im sorry but if you spend 80 grand you want top dollar service and you dont expect things to go wrong and if they do not to be rectified IMMEDIATELY.

Good luck

Oh whos’ the dealership? May be you should also write a letter naming and shaming them to Commercial Motor/Truck and Driver etc as well as this site.

EVERYTHING you have just mentioned will be going in my letter plus what I have alady mentioned previously

The way I see it is if you can get a 5grand car with no problems why not a 96grand (inc vat) truck

If they dont fix the phone this (4th) time I’m gonna tell 'em I want my money back for it, As it is I’ve had to go out and buy a bluetooth kit & charger for my old phone so I’m gonna ask for compo for that but I doubt I’ll get anywhere :unamused:

The same with the letter!

pm tk dave and get t&d on to it i read trucking did a feature on a driver and his volvo kept having problems then they helped and problems was solved.

i hope this helps sean.