Obituary

raymundo:
Lovely drop of stuff is Guinness, but it needs to be brewed in Dublin not the crap sold here …

I believe it’s all brewed in Dublin now.

I’ve drunk a fair few pints o the black stuff both in Ireland and over here but still seems to taste better over there than here, don’t know why but could it be the way it’s looked after or maybe I … just thinks it’s better :slight_smile:

raymundo:
I’ve drunk a fair few pints o the black stuff both in Ireland and over here but still seems to taste better over there than here, don’t know why but could it be the way it’s looked after or maybe I … just thinks it’s better :slight_smile:

Nothing to do with the Black Stuff itself.'Tis the place in which it’s drunk!

raymundo:

Lol… I’ve got to agree about the Guinness tasting better in Dublin… for the same reason I prefer the ‘IRN BRU’ when
I’m in Scotland ( I’m a Glaswegian living in West Sussex! )… my Dad always jokes that’s because it’s made with quality Scottish water up there… although I’m not sure about that!

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s ALL bottled in England! Lol :smiley:

Lennoxtown:

raymundo:

Lol… I’ve got to agree about the Guinness tasting better in Dublin… for the same reason I prefer the ‘IRN BRU’ when
I’m in Scotland ( I’m a Glaswegian living in West Sussex! )… my Dad always jokes that’s because it’s made with quality Scottish water up there… although I’m not sure about that!

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s ALL bottled in England! Lol :

wikipedia quote … ‘’ It is produced in Westfield, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ North Lanarkshire, by A.G. Barr of Glasgow, since moving out of their Parkhead factory in the mid-1990s, and at a second manufacturing site in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England’'.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s ALL bottled in England! Lol :

wikipedia quote … ‘’ It is produced in Westfield, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ North Lanarkshire, by A.G. Barr of Glasgow, since moving out of their Parkhead factory in the mid-1990s, and at a second manufacturing site in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England’'.
[/quote]
to be enjoyed as it is meant to be enjoyed,then it has to be drunk from the neck of a glass bottle…cans just dont do it,though the plastic barrack buster bottles are a close 2nd…somewhat similar to drinking vimto…a glass screwtap was always the best. :slight_smile:

Guiness is best drunk at the Dublin factory tour where from memory its also free (for one). Ireland takes their time and does it properly even in the tourist bars whereas they just pay lip service to the 15 mins over here mostly.

As for Irn Bru…they make it in Mansfield!? If Nichola gets here way that should be the first law - close the factory in a place like that, and I not even scottish (but I do suffer Mansfield on a regular basis). That’s akin to making it in Hull or Doncaster, but with more chav added.

Like the TNT one! :slight_smile:

manalishi:

Ramon123:
He was on the tankers for McGuiness at Preston Brook.

Sure it wasn’t TNT?

Brilliant. :laughing:

manalishi:

Ramon123:

Sure it wasn’t TNT?

Very good.

(My first day driving trucks was in Hengelo in the Netherlands. For van Gend & Loos.
A.k.a TNT… :open_mouth:

manalishi:

Ramon123:

Sure it wasn’t TNT?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT :laughing: