Northwest Trucks

Hi Moomooland. Just seen a picture of this Atki in its original guise on your excellent website! Here it is last year in our garage being prepared for its M.O.T. Also for Harry Gill, this is Deans old garage in Darwen.

spike74:
0 Hi Moomooland. Just seen a picture of this Atki in its original guise on your excellent website! Here it is last year in our garage being prepared for its M.O.T. Also for Harry Gill, this is Deans old garage in Darwen.

hiya,
Thanks for the pic used to back an Atki tractor in and out of there, he only had the one he bought it just because i had a class 1 licence that was in 1972 left Darwen soon after, when did Dean’s call it a day he always kept a small but very tidy fleet always maintained to the highest standard.
thanks harry long retired.

Hi Harry, I think Deans packed up mid Eighties or so. We have been in this garage since '89, another picture for you with our garage shunter!

spike74:
0 Hi Harry, I think Deans packed up mid Eighties or so. We have been in this garage since '89, another picture for you with our garage shunter!

hiya,
Thanks again mate we used to park two four wheelers a six wheeler and my unit in there but there was a loading platform along the left hand wall as you looked through the door i used to drop the trailer off on the land outside the mill on the opposite side of Watery Lane there used to be an E-Type parked there during the mill working hours that would have been a bit nippier than the Borderer.

Have we had this one on before if so my apoligies.Another excellent photo by the late Roger Kenney.I have added his name onto the photo.

Removed due to copyright

Tom Riding has kindly supplied some superb images from his personal collection which has enabled me to make a stand alone W & J Riding site :slight_smile:

Stanfield:
Have we had this one on before if so my apoligies.Another excellent photo by the late Roger Kenney.I have added his name onto the photo.0

Nice photo - this motor was acquired with business of R Griffiths of Blackburn

240 Gardner:

Stanfield:
Have we had this one on before if so my apoligies.Another excellent photo by the late Roger Kenney.I have added his name onto the photo.0

hiya,
Ah Griffiths moved into crane hire in a big way after their haulage sell-out, one of the family members Tom ran a clearing house with his partner Wally from some railway arches in the East End of London remember when on for Fearings we used them a lot for return loads always seemed to have plenty of work i think they also ran a little i think 3 tonner for collection and delivery.

harry_gill:

240 Gardner:

Stanfield:

hiya,
Ah Griffiths moved into crane hire in a big way after their haulage sell-out, one of the family members Tom ran a clearing house with his partner Wally from some railway arches in the East End of London remember when on for Fearings we used them a lot for return loads always seemed to have plenty of work i think they also ran a little i think 3 tonner for collection and delivery.

You are a veritable mine of interesting info “H”! all you require is an archive photo to unlock the old memory cells! The sheeting and roping on the 8 wheeler is truly wonderous to be-hold don’t you think!!! I don’t think “H” and me could improve on it one iota!!!Dennis.

Bewick:

harry_gill:

240 Gardner:

Stanfield:

hiya,

You are a veritable mine of interesting info “H”! all you require is an archive photo to unlock the old memory cells! The sheeting and roping on the 8 wheeler is truly wonderous to be-hold don’t you think!!! I don’t think “H” and me could improve on it one iota!!!Dennis.

hiya,
Don’t forget Dennis i did a couple of spells for Bowkers and those guys like your goodself liked a tidy motor and personally i always thought if a job had to done even if being taken by another driver ie a night trunker it had to be tidy, even when doing a multi dropper i always tidied the back end up before moving off, hated flapping sheets, and got to admit the Griffs motor passes with flying colours, but can’t lay claim to that one, although was a driver at the time of that take-over not for Bowkers, i think at that time would have been on for not John (he was the young fitter) but the dad Robbie Killingbeck or Blackburn BRS.

Anyone got any pictures of

Dewsbury Haulage

Fred Smith and Sons

J & H Hinchliffes

Due to host server Fotopic going bust site now off line :frowning:

Photobucket killed this post :frowning:

You are welcome mate,fantastic pics bring back many memorys keep it going.
regards dave aka bilko.

My wife says that if i don’t get off the computer looking at North West Trucks there will be a divorce" ah well " is that a Foden?

Some of Ripponden & District motors from Sowerby Bridge.
Early Ripponden wagon.jpg

Ripponden & District Bedford.jpg
Volvo FH12 belonging to Joda pulling a trailer for the Oldham based company Glyn Webbs (now B&M bargins) a large discount store.
Volvo FH12 belonging to JODA.jpg
Atkinson tow truck belonging to Atkinson Vehicles of Walton le Dale Preston.
Atkinson tow truck from preston.jpgJOHN

Anyone got any pictures of Richard Nuttalls of Edenfield,they ran ERFs and i can also remember a 6 wheeler Leyland ergo i think it was a Retriever?

Thanks the 8 wheeler unloading at Holcombe brought back some memories i went there every saturday with my dad in the mid to late 70s Nuttalls and Hinchcliffes were always in there

moomooland:

ramone:
Anyone got any pictures of Richard Nuttalls of Edenfield,they ran ERFs and i can also remember a 6 wheeler Leyland ergo i think it was a Retriever?

Theres a few of Richard Nuttalls HERE

Regards Paul