Northwest Trucks

Bulk Tippers from Stockport,I believe was formed by a group of owner drivers anyone know if its true or not.

Stanfield:
Bulk Tippers from Stockport,I believe was formed by a group of owner drivers anyone know if its true or not.

I believe David Bratt was in at the start of Bulk Tippers, but the relationship didn’t last long. gonzothejaffa may be able to provide more info as he’s still with the “yellow Perils”.

James Booth for Cheerful Service from Bolton.

Just to bring the Booth’s story right up to date John. The dreaded white paint tsunami has reached Westhoughton.

It do’sent look right doe’s it.In fact I dont think I would take much notice of it on the roads,if they wanted to go down that route I think they could have come up with a better livery layout dont you.

I think all sprayguns have been part-exchanged for strips of vinyl :unamused:

Either that or know one knows how to use one nowadays, ROF. :wink:

I wouldn’t dare comment on that, John. You know how good (?) I am on a computer, let alone a spray gun!

Bay Freight Staylbridge

Bay Freight DAF.jpg

Gilbraith of Accrington
transportphotos.com

Gilbraith.jpg

Stanfield:
Gilbraith of Accrington
transportphotos.com

Do you reckon Foggy sold his fleet to subsidise his lad’s racing ambitions?

stilltimecollection.co.uk

Stanfield:
http://stilltimecollection.co.uk

hiya,
Thanks Mr Stansfield, I remember these you know how to put years on me.
thanks harry, long retired.

hi rof .p& g fogarty was started by George and his brother phil.they had contracts with walker steel and star paper mill Blackburn to receive by rail and deliver to these and others in and around Blackburn.after a bad fire and the sell out of walker steel and the decline of star paper mill gilbraiths bought them out as they needed the facilities.young foggy was then well on his way to being world champ having backing from the manufacturers,something George could never get even with his early success on the isle of man.so the decline in work etc brought about the takeover by gilbraiths with whome george stayed with for a while came about.he is now retired. gilbraiths still operate from the same railway sidings in Blackburn.

Still there, shirtbox?
I collected a load of small coiled steel from Gilbraith’s one day. I asked how much weight was in the load and was told it was between 20-25 tonnes. Just right for the trip over the M62 to a scrapyard in Bingley with the ERF/■■■■■■■■ I thought.
Well I set off and soon had the feeling that the lorry wasn’t pulling as well up the banks as she usually did. Must investigate when I get back to the yard.
On arrival at the scrapyard it was discovered that I could just manage to weigh the thing on their 45-tonne bridge.
Conned again! :blush:
Is old George still with us?

Getting Northwest Trucks back on 1st page :smiley: :smiley: :wink:
Photo owned by David Pickup, anyone remember this haulier.

Fagan & Whalley of Hapton (photos off website)

Q Plant hire from Oldham (photos off website)

I’ve never seen a tatty Bargh’s lorry yet.

Stanfield:
Getting Northwest Trucks back on 1st page :smiley: :smiley: :wink:
Photo owned by David Pickup, anyone remember this haulier.
Fagan & Whalley of Hapton (photos off website)32
Q Plant hire from Oldham (photos off website)10

What engine would that nice new Dodge have had under the bonnet,Perkins or Leyland,looks like it had an Eaton 2 speed axle though.Cheers Bewick.

Take yer pick, Bewick. As I recall, they were offered with Leyland, Perkins or AEC engines. Gearboxes were mostly ENV if memory serves and it was nice to get an Eaton 2-speed axle as well.