Northwest Trucks

I may have put this one on before but know harm showing it again :slight_smile:
transportphotos.com

Harrison & Jones iirc based in the Middleton area of M/chester

More than likely this has been on before.

W H Bowker Blackburn Leyland Super Comet..JPG

Stanfield:

I am sure these were down near Middleton Junction somewhere.

Getting this back on the 1st page.

One here for moomooland (Paul) cracking painting by Mike Jeffries.

This is one from the past Foster & Seddon @ Heyside Oldham which as we know later became Seddon Atkinson

Seddons 001.jpg

Stanfield:

Hiya John, Harrison and Jones had two places in Middleton Junction in the early seventies, The Swan Mill and The Bee Mill. I think that they also had a place in Liverpool or Ellesmere Port and one in either High Wycombe or Dunstable. I remember those Fodens but I seem to think that they had a fleet of B.M.C.'s before that. I am not sure if Gerry Mac did a stint for them. :confused:

Regards Steve.

Photobucket killed this post :frowning:

Also added this on the Companys from North Manchester thread.

Stanfield:
Also added this on the Companys from North Manchester thread.0

These Commers were popular motors in the 50’s/early 60’s,IIRC,my old pal Harry Fearon (H & M E Fearon) started his career in haulage with a similar vehicle.I think the 2 stroke engine was an “aquired taste” you either liked them or loathed them,or ran a Trader !! :sunglasses: Cheers Bewick.

B J Crowther Ltd of Oldham doing what they do best muckshifting on a site in the area preparing for new propertys being built.

Owner Operator? helping out with the site clearance.

One from the Gilbraith tipper fleet of Accrington.Front tyre looks a bit past it :laughing:

Or, as one of my former employers would have said, “There’s another thousand miles left on that”.

swap it to the inside o the back , we can’t afford to chuck good tyres away . i have heard that all too often , usually followed a couple of days later with, that iside rear tyre has blown and taken the taillights off .you had to experience it , you couldn’t make it up .

One penny-pinching employer (aren’t they all?) did a “special” deal with the manager of a local tyre depot. He had four “bargain” remoulds fitted to the back axle of my 8-wheeler Atki bulk tipper on a Saturday morning. I left the Forest of Dean at 4.00am, on the Monday and got as far as Witney when all four new tyres blew within half a mile. I managed to pull in to a bus stop near a telephone box where I proceeded to let his phone ring until he eventually answered and I treated him to a high volume opinion of his “bargain” tyres in particular and his dodgy deals in general.
He did have the good grace to buy me a few drinks when I saw him next but the total cost of the affair must have been horrendous.

i had exactly the same thing happen to me , 4 cheap remoulds on the rear axle of my trailer. none of them saw a month out , plus two new rear mudguards , plus two rear light clusters . wasn’t much of a saving really .

You get nowt for nowt, matey!

Forshaws of West Houghton

Singleton Transport now based in Royton Oldham.