New to the forum, hi people

Been following the forum a while now, thought i’d bite the bullet and say hello to you smashing bunch, im a class 1 tramper from scotland, currently stuck with an agency (please don’t lynch me) anyway i’d thought i’d pop in and say hello and make my first post,
I quite enjoy the forum as it gives me info on stuff i was not aware of etc, just trying to get a permenant overnight/tramping job rather than agency work, suppose its better than a dole payment.

Welcome

Many that have passed the tests and are now doing the job usually prefer to post an introduction in the main PDF :bulb:

Welcome

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I do not want to waste a space of board for a new topic so I just want to ask a quick questions. I just moved to UK so right now I am studying HighWay Code to understand all the rules that I should follow. I ve got 2 simple question.

Following to national speed limits in a specific roads 30Built up/40single/50dual carriageway/60motorway for LGV should I always follow this speed limit or if there is a road sign saying ie. 50mph in a single carriage way or built-up area with sign says 40mph so I can increase my speed? So the speed limit signs are for all types of vehicle and does not matter if I am driving artic over 7,5t or rigid below 7,5t?

Right now I started working by agency would you mind to tell me how it is worked out about the rule of 10hrs working when my working shift is including period of night time 00-04am?

Gordy81:
currently stuck with an agency (please don’t lynch me)

You must be a crap driver like the rest of us agency ones… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the forum…I really appreciate the valuable comments and advice that has been given over the last year I have joined.

You will certainly get lynched if you ruffle a few feathers but don’t worry there will be someone else who will put their steel toe cap in to back you up…

rock2017:
I do not want to waste a space of board for a new topic so I just want to ask a quick questions. I just moved to UK so right now I am studying HighWay Code to understand all the rules that I should follow. I ve got 2 simple question.

Following to national speed limits in a specific roads 30Built up/40single/50dual carriageway/60motorway for LGV should I always follow this speed limit or if there is a road sign saying ie. 50mph in a single carriage way or built-up area with sign says 40mph so I can increase my speed? So the speed limit signs are for all types of vehicle and does not matter if I am driving artic over 7,5t or rigid below 7,5t?

Right now I started working by agency would you mind to tell me how it is worked out about the rule of 10hrs working when my working shift is including period of night time 00-04am?

Night shift working time can be opted out of with a workforce agreement but if not then the rule is max 10 hours actual working time (not breaks or POA) during the shift + authorities do not seem bothered about it

Speed limits for LGV in UK except Scotland are max 50 on single and 60 on dual
Any limit sign below 50 is the same for all vehicles

rock2017:

30/50/60/60 in the UK except Scotland. If you see a sign with a higher limit (shouldn’t be) ignore it as it won’t apply to you. If a lower limit then you must obey that. A good example is built up areas where you’d be at 30 but near a school the speed limit might be dropped to 20.

IronEddie:

rock2017:

30/50/60/60 in the UK except Scotland. If you see a sign with a higher limit (shouldn’t be) ignore it as it won’t apply to you. If a lower limit then you must obey that. A good example is built up areas where you’d be at 30 but near a school the speed limit might be dropped to 20.

Thank you guys for your response. Actually, I am driving in Scotland so if you would mind to confirm the rules here I will appreciate that. The conclusion is like that if I am driving on a single carriageway and the sign says 50 I can drive this speed? If there is built-up area but sign saying 40 I still can follow this speed?

rock2017:

IronEddie:

rock2017:

Thank you guys for your response. Actually, I am driving in Scotland so if you would mind to confirm the rules here I will appreciate that. The conclusion is like that if I am driving on a single carriageway and the sign says 50 I can drive this speed? If there is built-up area but sign saying 40 I still can follow this speed?

30/40/50/60 according to gov.uk/speed-limits lgv in Scotland is bottom of the table.

In your example I would think that the sign with a 50 limit on single carriage is applying to cars/motorbikes, vehicles under 7.5t max laden weight. You should be at 40mph as per the limits for vehicles over 7.5t mlw.

In Scotland the MAXIMUM for LGVs over 7.5 tonnes plated GVW is 40 on single and 50 on dual even if there is a higher posted limit

That applies to all roads in Scotland

ROG:
In Scotland the MAXIMUM for LGVs over 7.5 tonnes plated GVW is 40 on single and 50 on dual even if there is a higher posted limit

That applies to all roads in Scotland

Except from the A9 between Perth and Inverness where we are allowed to do 50.