New Scania is a bit pricey

Due to the horrible HMRC enforcing the ir35 to stop the likes of me being Ltd agency. I’m thinking about selling my house and buying it to pull containers for Maritime :laughing:

03817a9920d24a95be22d7286565897a.jpg
Looks like my old Geography teachers right shoe, can’t remember his name just that we used to call him clubfoot, ahh those were the days, used to get the chalk board eraser flung at you just for singing…

♫♪"If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our…"♫♪ THWACK!

dieseldog999:
id love the hughes bros to buy it for cash and have someone to startup as sehguh logistics and see how it.goes.from there. :astonished:

itl look nicer when blinged tho the interior looks like dung.

It never worked for revilo, the gang with the red MAN’s!

pete smith:

dieseldog999:
id love the hughes bros to buy it for cash and have someone to startup as sehguh logistics and see how it.goes.from there. :astonished:

itl look nicer when blinged tho the interior looks like dung.

It never worked for revilo, the gang with the red MAN’s!

nor bis mizses if i remember correctly??

Are those things still illegal with a max length trailer combination?

robroy:

With those looks they should be illegal with any trailer!

robroy:

I’m guessing so. Last one I recall seeing was Stan Robinson’s one and it was pulling a curtainsider with the rear overhang chopped off.

You could have a new heavy haulage spec 730 for about the same money!!

pete smith:

robroy:

With those looks they should be illegal with any trailer!

Come on Pete! We all know that deep down, you want to take that ideal gruntmobile out for a spin! And what’s more, it’s fitted with 2 pedals and a D-N-R switch, so even you can’t ■■■■■■■■ that up :laughing:

Who does the conversion in Holland, is it ESTEPE? Asking for a friend…

Who on earth would buy this? It’d have to have a working life 3 times longer than most trucks…OR charge a higher rate…

And it’ll be limited to what trailers it could pull, turning circle would be s*** and its about as ugly as a pitbull chewing on a wasp!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Styled on this

kjw21:

robroy:

I’m guessing so. Last one I recall seeing was Stan Robinson’s one and it was pulling a curtainsider with the rear overhang chopped off.

So it it is basically a worthless pile of pooh and those air horns don’t do it any favours.

And it hasn’t even got a flat floor.
Think it’s so ugly cos they’ve tried too hard to keep the original cheese grater grill at the expense of the esthetics.

Yep thats one swamp donkey of a truck.

For some daft reason it looks to me like that cartoon dog Scooby…

Who does the conversion in Holland, is it ESTEPE? Asking for a friend…
[/quote]
It was Vlastuin.

vlastuin-truckopbouw.nl

chaversdad:
There must be a market, this is the 3rd one they have had done

Have to admire the entrepreneurial spirit of the dealer to some extent presumably investing in getting one done speculatively then finding a buyer.

Still fugly but better

B6B02E7B-750A-44B8-B08B-6B6784D3AADB.jpeg

Just looked at Vlastuin’s website and it seems they’ve ruined at least 18 Scanias with this hideous conversion. The mind boggles but then it takes all sorts I suppose.

Night-and-day:
Still fugly but better

Seen that one parked at Ferrybridge on Saturday, looked expensive but would never put it down as a quarter a mill.