New KFC delivery partner DHL does not deliver [Merged]

No doubt Wetherspoons will buy the out of date chicken, like they buy short dated produce off other suppliers.

Apparently, the Jeremy Kyle Show candidates that frequent these doss holes don’t mind what they eat or drink.

Winner winner chav’s dinner.

TiredAndEmotional:
I’m reading on the web this morning that the poor blameless sods who work in KFC are being laid off without pay or being asked to use their holidays. A bit strong when these people are only pulling average class 1 drivers rates…

I would imagine a lot of KFC workers are on zero hour contracts. They’re good for the employee because they’re so flexible you see.

You’d have thought that with a 2-3 month handover they’d have sorted their ■■■■ out by start of play! It’s like my place when a bank holiday approaches…get asked the day before if we can work! After all, they don’t come round at near enough the same date every year…do they??

DHL are a similar type ‘up their own arse’ outfit to Stobarts, and imo both ■■■■ up everything that they get their Germans on.
They are both the Laurel and Hardy of the haulage world. :unamused:

robroy:
DHL are a similar type ‘up their own arse’ outfit to Stobarts, and imo both [zb] up everything that they get their Germans on.
They are both the Laurel and Hardy of the haulage world. :unamused:

What I don’t understand is, DHL do home parcel deliveries. I would have thought that was a lot harder than picking and delivering bigger consignments to shops.

I guess the actual problem will come out, but it can’t ALL be DHL’s fault can it?

xichrisxi:

moomooland:

xichrisxi:
DHL have run a much bigger contract in Nisa for the last 13 years delivering to 3 times the amount of stores per week than the KFC contract requires.
DHL also have run the Sainsburys operation out of Stoke for the last 10 years which again is considerably bigger than KFC,maybe Mick Rox should of done some research before making his statement.

May be it’s you who need to do some research :unamused:
Those are regional distribution centers (RDC’S) this is a completely different set up altogether.

They have to deliver to 900 branches from one single depot in Rugby, the northern most in Elgin, Scotland, and the Southern most in Penzance obliviously DHL have not thought this through.

Ignore what the bitter union bloke tells you,DHL are NOT using one depot to serve the whole country they have outbases within other warehouses around the country…FACT.
I know this from someone who has been heavily involved on the DHL side.

Exactly we deliver to Scotland and Cornwall from Nottingham but not directly from Nottingham but via our other depots closer to those areas. Just the same as Bidvest will have done with multiple depots. The difference being Bidvest probably had more mini depots costing a lot more money to run.

I don’t nieve everything I read and I k ow how bad teething problems can be we had it when we moved to our current warehouse. The worst peak on record.

I’m lot saying DHL are perfect in any way shape or form but people like to think they know everything. There are people that know more than us involved in this saga.

As for the union man of course he will be bitter as will some of the staff that lost jobs, that is only natural and basic human emotion. And its a way of saying ha serves you right to KFC for going with DHL instead.

I’m sure it will come good and as said all the publicity will mean a lot more people going to KFC than normal once normal service is resumed.

Businesses restructure, buy other companies out, take over contracts and go belly up all the time. It happens in business and people get all vitriolic about certain companies because they don’t like the way thugs are done or happen.

yourhavingalarf:

the maoster:
If anyone’s missing their KFC fix, we’ve got lots and lots and lots of trailers plugged in on electric that have returned untipped from Rugby and are waiting for whatever comes next.

Landfill…

Or Dogfood.

Or, up until quite recently, Jamies Italian.

… Or someone who blackmails you into eating landfill and dogfood in front of a webcam.

Have DHL actually explained yet what they intend to do to “put things right”?

We can’t have a “Long, Drawn-Out Brexit-style solution” to this - can we?

It’s not about £1m a day costs to KFC. It’s about the total destruction of the Brand, if the public spend a few days weaning themselves off KFC outright.

I’m not hurting personally, as I’ve already given up takeaways for Lent. :grimacing:

I reckon the chicken that hasn’t been delivered, will end up being rolled up in little balls and flicked at someone’s dad btw. :sunglasses:

Harry Monk:

xichrisxi:
Ignore what the bitter union bloke tells you,DHL are NOT using one depot to serve the whole country they have outbases within other warehouses around the country…FACT.
I know this from someone who has been heavily involved on the DHL side.

I don’t know whether this is true or not, but I can tell you that a statement does not become automatically true simply because a poster writes FACT in uppercase letters after it.

I can tell you it does, we send trunks to regional depots to deliver the further reaches of the country rather than deliver it all from one central location as do the tother different contracts of DHL in other areas. As we do on nearly all the contracts.

They are called regional distribution centres as opposed to a national distribution centre. The same way plenty of companies deliver all around the country.

How many Co op distribution centres are there?

Or Tesco distribution centres?

How many do Bidvest have to serve the country?

How many did brakes have?

Etc etc etc.

Not uncommon at all unless your a small supplier than you have one main place and a distribution chain handling the smaller aspects of distribution.

The bigger the company the bigger the logistics the more regional distribution depots.

I think it’s more along the lines of you see very few DHL fridges any more, and a class 2 fridge is even rarer, typically DHL don’t deal with chilled/frozen stuff, you are right in what you are saying though, they do have quite a few depots dotted around the country, but how many of them are equipped to deal with ‘fresh’ chicken? The ones I know of are barely equipped to deal with ambient goods, and with Pierre being from the same parts as me, he will know exactly which site I am talking about.

A dogfood takeaway free few days/week, whats not to like…

Have the MSA outlets been affected?

neilp1982:
I think it’s more along the lines of you see very few DHL fridges any more, and a class 2 fridge is even rarer, typically DHL don’t deal with chilled/frozen stuff, you are right in what you are saying though, they do have quite a few depots dotted around the country, but how many of them are equipped to deal with ‘fresh’ chicken? The ones I know of are barely equipped to deal with ambient goods, and with Pierre being from the same parts as me, he will know exactly which site I am talking about.

You may not see many DHL branded fridges around - but they certainly do have lots of them. When they had the contract with our lot the vast majority of the fleet had fridges, but they were not allowed to have any DHL branding (not even a little DHL sticker on the cab door).

Darkside:
No doubt Wetherspoons will buy the out of date chicken, like they buy short dated produce off other suppliers.

Apparently, the Jeremy Kyle Show candidates that frequent these doss holes don’t mind what they eat or drink.

According to some participants here, a Wetherspoon’s pub is pretty much Cordon Bleu as far as dining out is concerned…

Bet the ones who lost to DHL are having a good laugh about it

truckman020:

Poxy double post cos of the submit button

Roymondo:

Darkside:

According to some participants here, a Wetherspoon’s pub is pretty much Cordon Bleu as far as dining out is concerned…

Well Cordon Bleu might be stretching it a bit, but it’s ok when on a night out.
It beats a night out in a MSA for certain, and beyond doubt beats a night out in a ■■■■ lay by.
Ironically I always go for the ‘Chicken Feast’ when I go there. :unamused:

DHL do seem to be bit of a clusterf*** in general but because for most of their contracts they are running around with someone else’s name on the side of the trailer they seem to get away with it. Load out of any of their depots and you will see plenty of pictures of their own ■■■■ ups be it bridge strikes or dropped trailers. Loaded high value load out of Reading yesterday no delivery address on the paperwork asked for an address to be told they don’t have it and I would need to look it up myself and final comment from the guy behind the desk was “I’m just the transport clerk why would I have the address” sums it all up

neilp1982:

Plenty of rigids and trailers with fridges in DHL. So where do you get the assumption DHL don’t run many fridges.
We can only use fridges on our site for ambient goods and freezer compartments for the frozen we deliver too.

Bidvest across the way are still running 60 plate rigids at 10 years old. I wonder why? When most companies change them at 5 years.