Kick in the Danglies

Hi All, first of all hope your all doing well I haven’t posted for a while as it was getting a bit samey as forums tend too after a while.

Anyway,

I am just back from Turkey with 2 transformers (not the robotic type) a good firm who apy ontime and a decent enough rate. As I’m delivering the site agent asks me to sign the delivery note from this supplier £19,300 + Vat for delivery I nearly fell off outta the cab. Signed the sheet and left but couldn’t resist a little moan and as I said good firm and a few quid extra arrived in the post today.

What I did see as a kick in the danglies (as the title say’s) was same site today same fella sign the note £10,750 for 10 pallets from leeds to london, and they nail the subby to the floor.

We are an industry that competes with itself on pricing forcing us to run for little reward certain steadies making it worse, delivering for firms who make numbers up too clients who haven’t got a clue what it really costs.

Whoops I’ve gone a done a samey post the Night heater must be iffy. I thought the RHA was supposed to look after our interests!! Nah the heater is definately on the blink I feel dizzy…

Signed

Peed off a hardshoulder near melton mowbray!!! :unamused: :wink:

That’s amazing, is the company you run for the manufacturer or just a transport firm as if it’s the manufacturer, they probably have a monopoloy on the delivery, you pay us to deliver or don’t get the product type thing. If it’s a transport company, dang they’ve got some peechy jobs! Bit silly of them putting the delivery cost on the notes for all to see though. It is true that some people are definitely making money in the transport game but probably only 10% odd really cane it in. If the load is very valuable, it’s easier to charge a lot for delivery as the transport costs are still only a small percent of the purchase cost so easier to get away with at a customer that doesn’t know the cost of transport. £20k for Turkey isn’t too shocking as it’s a bit out of the ordinary but 11k for Leeds to London is the strangest thing i’ve heard for a long time, i’d feel like a criminal charging that, but if you could get away with it, wouldn’t we all. :smiley:

N2N Transport:
What I did see as a kick in the danglies (as the title say’s) was same site today same fella sign the note £10,750 for 10 pallets from leeds to london

Bloody hell, have you got their number ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

10 pallets of what though, that is the question