New KFC delivery partner DHL does not deliver [Merged]

Winseer:
… Or someone who blackmails you into eating landfill and dogfood in front of a webcam.

:open_mouth: Wtf are you on about Winseer?? :neutral_face: …have you finally flipped. :open_mouth:

Roymondo:

Darkside:
No doubt Wetherspoons will buy the out of date chicken, like they buy short dated produce off other suppliers.

Apparently, the Jeremy Kyle Show candidates that frequent these doss holes don’t mind what they eat or drink.

Winner winner chav’s dinner.

According to some participants here, a Wetherspoon’s pub is pretty much Cordon Bleu as far as dining out is concerned…

I go to the one in the Trafford Centre now and again. Think it’s called " Mardi Gras ".

Decent food at a good price. What’s with all this snobbery ■■■■■■■■? :unamused: FFS, wagon drivers who think they are the pinnacle of fine society :open_mouth: :neutral_face:

robroy:

Winseer:
… Or someone who blackmails you into eating landfill and dogfood in front of a webcam.

:open_mouth: Wtf are you on about Winseer?? :neutral_face: …have you finally flipped. :open_mouth:

Lol come on Rob were you asleep all day yesterday? lead story on all of the news programmes

You can’t beat a ‘spoons farmhouse breakfast.

simcor:
Bidvest across the way are still running 60 plate rigids at 10 years old. I wonder why? When most companies change them at 5 years.

Because the KFC contract didn’t pay enough for them to run new kit?

I went into the KFC place in Elgin when it opened last year and I think the chicken had walked from the one in Exeter, it were total crap …

Harry Monk:

simcor:
Bidvest across the way are still running 60 plate rigids at 10 years old. I wonder why? When most companies change them at 5 years.

Because the KFC contract didn’t pay enough for them to run new kit?

Nope share holders profits come first, also I’ve yet to see a bidvest
(3663) motor without damage. Even the 66/67 reg are damaged. Quality driver’s.

Does this not prove the point that some desk jockey didn’t actually have a scooby what was involved.

No doubt undercut bidvest in a race to the bottom!

Would the last person out of the UK transport industry turn the light out when they leave

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

eagerbeaver:
. What’s with all this snobbery ■■■■■■■■? :unamused: FFS, wagon drivers who think they are the pinnacle of fine society :open_mouth: :neutral_face:

Hey leave it out mate, I dress for dinner every night in the cab, full dinner suit and bow tie.
Have my Asda ready meal ruby, open a bottle of Chardonnay 83, then retire to the trailer for a cigar.
You have to keep standards up my man. :sunglasses:

Mazzer2:

robroy:

Winseer:

Lol come on Rob were you asleep all day yesterday? lead story on all of the news programmes

Ah right, I was off yesterday mate, never had the telly or radio on.
Thing is though, it aint the first time Winseer’s ramblings have left me with a gob wide open. :laughing:

truckman020:
Bet the ones who lost to DHL are having a good laugh about it

Apart from those that have lost their jobs of course !

DHL are the biggest crock of ■■■■ when it comes to contract haulage.

I will quote a true example of a contract I worked on as an agency driver, but was employed on the same job some years earlier. I can’t and will not name the company concerened, nor the area, for obvious reasons.

The company had a Midlands based transport operator doing the operation from around 2003. The transport operator ran the job extremely well, doing nationwide deliveries without any major problems. Then around 2013, the company decided to split the country operations into 2 halves, effectively. DHL were brought in to do the south, and the other transport operator did the north. Fairly simple you may say?

Well, not really.

DHL would regularly fail deliveries, as they couldn’t get drivers at the depots they were using, and trailers were left full at their hubs. They would regularly fail to collect trailers from the customers premises, which in turn had a knock on effect down south. There were times, when they would contact the original transport operator, and ask them to provide traction only to their hubs with their trailers from the customer, as they couldn’t collect. (I did 2.) Now if I had been the original transport operator, I would have told them to get ■■■■■■. But they did it to show DHL up, and thought they were doing themselves a long term favour, which turned out not to be the case, as they customer eventually took it all in house.

DHL should stick to parcels, and even then, they ■■■■ that up.

Ken.

Well, the posts defending DHL dried up on the first page of this thread.
You cant defend them. Contracts change all the time without all this balls up. DHL. This is all deserved Im afraid. The management were probably too distracted thinking up more idiotic forms and paperwork for the drivers and stupid posters for their many hundreds of notice boards. Imagine all those lovely new rules to apply to the new people on the job. Implementation. Adherence. Compliance…Blah blah… Its a pity nobody said, "Hows about shifting some freight?".

Useless, and I don`t even like that awful KFC stuff.

cheekymonkey:
I don`t even like that awful KFC stuff.

You kind of know that it aint going to be the best of food when it’s served in a bucket. :laughing:

So DHL got the KFC contract from bidvest, mmm did somebody’s high up in bidvest get poached by DHL, or were asked to leave bidvest and then went to work for DHL…

Conspiracy theories I know.

robroy:

cheekymonkey:

You kind of know that it aint going to be the best of food when it’s served in a bucket. :laughing:

the bucket often comes in handy later, I’m told.

robroy:

cheekymonkey:

I dunno. I’ve had my fingers in a few buckets and been left fulfilled after every one.

Should’ve been better planned
dpdhl.jobs/job/rugby/planni … 90&ss=paid

I’m reminded of a conversation I once had with someone who ran a transport co…which included vans delivering printed material simultaneously to outlets all over the country about 4 times a year.

It was organised down to a fine art, with vans being hired in and part-time drivers on standby.

Then they were invited to ‘re-tender’. Knowing it could not be done properly any cheaper, they tendered exactly the same price and service as the existing contract.

They lost. To a big logistics company.

Soon after the phone rang…the big logistics company was asking them if they wanted to do the work, same as before. The young lady who had run the original operation said: "No problem. You obviously can’t do it, but we can and it will cost you £XXXX (exactly the price she had been doing it for before)

“But,” came the shocked reply, “You are asking for more money that we are getting from the client.”

“Yes, I know that…I also know that you now know you can’t do it for the price that you quoted. You can’t seriously expect me to help you by taking the loss for you, can you?”

Needless to say, the small company then ‘had a word’ with the client, and got the job back.

These big logistics companies have sales departments who are there to generate revenue…but don’t have the wit to work out whether or not a job is profitable. They are essentially marketing companies with a few trucks and warehouses attached.

All posts slating DHL, I worked on m&s contract and was run very well,good managers and drivers