New Dennis City Truck

I like the look of it.

AndrewG:
Never seen an artic coach before. A big overhang is going to be nothing of a hindrance reversing in a tight spot…

They had them in London for a while but they had a nasty habit of bursting into flames!

Dennis Lorries ideal for the city
Cabs lowdown close to the nitty gritty
But its such a pity
That it just makes your whole working week feel shi… :wink:

TfL’s ‘Direct Vision Standard’ is becoming a farce!

transportoperator.co.uk/2017/11/ … d-ratings/

TiredAndEmotional:

AndrewG:
Never seen an artic coach before. A big overhang is going to be nothing of a hindrance reversing in a tight spot…

They had them in London for a while but they had a nasty habit of bursting into flames!

Leeds has had them for years

bendybusleeds.wordpress.com

DAF95XF:

switchlogic:

AndrewG:
Those doors are only of any use on a multi drop parcel van and as for that front overhang, what use is that in tight spots??
A real white elephant if ever there was one…

You’ve clearly never driven a bus or coach if you think a front overhang causes any problems

Correct, the front overhang actually helps :wink:

I can’t see how it does, as on many sites the kerbs are very high as the final road surface hasn’t been laid, so you can’t swing the front over the kerb.

nyk473l:

DAF95XF:

switchlogic:

AndrewG:
Those doors are only of any use on a multi drop parcel van and as for that front overhang, what use is that in tight spots??
A real white elephant if ever there was one…

You’ve clearly never driven a bus or coach if you think a front overhang causes any problems

Correct, the front overhang actually helps :wink:

I can’t see how it does, as on many sites the kerbs are very high as the final road surface hasn’t been laid, so you can’t swing the front over the kerb.

So what it needs is a cab on rams. Low down for on road, but able to raise up for site work, or when a dust cart goes onto a tip or landfill to empty out.
Thats another million quid patent, Ive given away for free. :frowning:

Franglais:
So what it needs is a cab on rams. Low down for on road, but able to raise up for site work, or when a dust cart goes onto a tip or landfill to empty out.

Or, and listen to this radical idea…air suspension on the front! :smiley:

switchlogic:

Franglais:

Or, and listen to this radical idea…air suspension on the front! :smiley:

Look, just cause that woud be cheaper and easier, doesnt mean its better.

I quite fancy the idea of going up in the world.