New Dennis City Truck

Security won’t be up to much with them doors .Can see a lot of drivers losing lots of stuff while
out of the vehicle.

Punchy Dan:
0theres hope for me yet :laughing: I’ve even got a spare n.s door with a genuine bottom window fitted from new :open_mouth:

Aka Ford Cargo with the bottom windows in the doors…

your right,i do like it as well

Punchy Dan:
0theres hope for me yet :laughing: I’ve even got a spare n.s door with a genuine bottom window fitted from new :open_mouth:

reckon the old classics had more style than these new ones today

Zb hell thats going to go down well with the explore trampers :exclamation: j

Will it be limited to shorter trailers though to keep it within the legal length, like the imported American trucks are?

While there at it they might as well put these back into production again. :unamused:

I saw one on the road yesterday.

Burdens builders merchants of West Thurrock have one.

I do think they’ll be more tempting for scrotes.

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

eagerbeaver:
Won’t be great when you are behind a transit van and can’t see [zb] all :neutral_face:

It’s called drive acordingly :unamused:

Driving with due care and attention ideally means reading the road ahead of the vehicle/s you’re following.Why would you want to compromise visibility in that regard. :unamused:

Good man CF. At least you get what I am saying.

I feel a lot more comfortable high up where I can see over vans/4x4’s etc. For inner city use it’s probably fine though, you will do well to hit 30 mph in most :neutral_face: (He is also not bright enough to spell accordingly correctly either).

All that glass…

Be like driving a greenhouse…

What size air con unit will it have??

Or should that be IF it has it fitted…?

And what size (frilly :smiling_imp: ) curtains will it need for nighting out…

Those doors are only of any use on a multi drop parcel van and as for that front overhang, what use is that in tight spots??
A real white elephant if ever there was one…

AndrewG:
Those doors are only of any use on a multi drop parcel van and as for that front overhang, what use is that in tight spots??

You’ve clearly never driven a bus or coach if you think a front overhang causes any problems

switchlogic:

AndrewG:

You’ve clearly never driven a bus or coach if you think a front overhang causes any problems

Correct, the front overhang actually helps :wink:

switchlogic:

AndrewG:

Never seen an artic coach before. A big overhang is going to be nothing of a hindrance reversing in a tight spot…

AndrewG:

switchlogic:

AndrewG:

Never seen an artic coach before. A big overhang is going to be nothing of a hindrance reversing in a tight spot…

2D6E98E6-8F78-41B3-AAA8-46F06BC10B41.jpeg

DAF95XF:

AndrewG:

switchlogic:

AndrewG:

Nicely done. :wink:

The Dennis has a 300 Volvo in it ,it’s a visual demo as the trailer would rip the chassis top box off even on a slight angle .

IF that is anything like the dustcarts we have at our place, stay clear of it. Driving position is terrible, the seat wont go back far enough. Im 6 ft 4 but not a giant by any means, i keep bashing my knees on dash, windows only come half way down, rite in eye line with the mirrors. Ride quality is less than desirable. Rear steer cant be turned off and there is no air con fitted. Its like sitting in a sweat box. Plasticky seats wich ya slip off if not careful and a horn wich is so dire, im sure u could ■■■■ louder. It also goes through ad blue like theres no tomorrow. But thats just my humble opinion.

Punchydan…thats not a top box, its a top diesel tank, for it only does 5 to the gallon around town…ha ha sorry but its no good for town work as an artic…as a parcel vehicle its ok…but if the Mayor of london gets his way, all hgvs into his manor, will have to have those doors…