Do you fancy taking this into Smithfield Market?

youtu.be/MZT_SPSsajc

I seem to be seeing more of these on the continent.

Interesting how the fifth wheel pops out from under the rear of the trailer. I wonder if they get paid more for pulling two loads?

Fat chance of it being allowed on the UK roads… Didn’t Denby transport have one but the DfT put the mockers on it, by threatening Denby with legal action or changing some regulations so it cant be used on the UK roads…

Smithfield, no! But I would like to have a go!

I’d go forward without hesitation but I’d definitely need a banksman for the reverse :open_mouth:

TheMissus:
Smithfield, no! But I would like to have a go!

Would be spot on if you had an RDC delivery for instance around the M25, then take the other half into the City for multi drops, short artic is more manouvreble than a rigid, as in the wagon off a wag and drag combo :wink:

I’d like a go reversing as it is. I didn’t think the first trailer was fixed at the front, I thought it was like two fifth wheels…

I’ve reversed these on Euro Truck Sim…great fun. Of course, for an even number of trailers you start turning as if in a rigid.

they are not bad on flat ground but in a quarry etc wi dips /bumps they are SOOOOO much fun with an audience.I found that if you did an S to straighten up I find it easier to have the unit slightly at an angle (driverside ) lhd so that when you reverse you can see a piece of the centre axles then watch the rear axles. if you get to far out of angle its better to start again
:unamused: :blush: james

A ■■■■■■■■■ for Boris Johnson for doing London deliveries

Poor ■■■■■■■ towing that with a 400 FM

They are like the ones they use in Sweden. I like them, would love to have a go

Same principle to reverse as a tractor, trailed chopper & silage trailer combo.

In the UK standard trailers would be as much use as ■■■■ on a bull, shorter trailers would work though.

And thread ruined by Carryfast in 5 4 3 2 … :laughing:

billybigrig:
And thread ruined by bobajob in 5 4 3 2 … :laughing:

Nooooo! Quick delete his name! He might not find if you do. In his daily own name search. There’s still time. He’s most active early afternoon and midnight till 4 so he’s probably not up yet!

It’s a nightmare for the typical lazy truck driver having to couple up twice, open two sets of back doors etc etc :wink: :wink:
Me personally would love ago think its a great thing!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Lot of tyres to kick on the daily check!
Bernard

I have had one almost like that on containerwork,its not that hard to reverse you only need a bit more space than a regular 25.25m drawbar. They are actualy fun to drive :smiley:

Reg Danne

3 things,no thanks,nice bit of kit,and I like the music

We’ve had bigger than that in here drive…

If it’s a auto I will 100% av a bash