National truckers strike

pat. everyone on this site has the choice of open speech.

what rules has tony broken :question:

we don’t all agree with everything tony says, but to ask for it to be moderated then i think that you have a personnel problem with tony.

pat, look at it this way if you don’t like what tony is saying then you don’t need look nor answer his threads.it’s as simple as that :wink:

DITTO :laughing:

kitkat

The reply contains personal remarks, end of story.
I have no problem with Tony whatsoever, and have indeed been trying to get some dialogue going for many months now ,with him.

I know he can do better than resort to personal insults, so do all of us who have known him for any length of time :laughing:

[zb]

Lets keep it clean Tony, and have a GOOD debate.

Pat

See above.L.

getting back to tony,s original opening post… what about it then… any one up for getting summik organized, opening talks/getting everyones views on a strike of some sorts?? bit early doors, but hey, wots the crack…COULD IT BE DONE?. who needs to be contacted… i:e. unions etc etc etc …■■?

if you want i can speak to our man in the union and see if he is interested in joining in on this debate,and let him put in his views from the union point of view :wink:

I think the way to start is a go slow!

1 day per week all truckers agree to not drive faster than 40mph (moterway or what ever) then the public will start to listen, then we have the press and news wanting to know whats going on! thats when we tell them the mess the transport industry is in and the poor working conditions and wages we really earn then go from there! but keep to the 1 day a week 40mph all the same!! regardless untill someone at the top hears our message! if no one does we then shall do it for 2 days per week and so on!!!

we would all still be working no one would be breaking the law but we would get noticed!

Smart idea there critic, and sounds effective

kitkat… you might aswell do that…
as for one day go slows… personally i dont think they would work… these one day action events just dont happen critic, shame really. on a personal note i think up and at em action is needed. give em a jolt… so they sit up and say… oh ■■■■■■■■ have a problem here…
it will be interesting to see what your union man thinks kitkat…
this isnt something that will just go away, it has and will poke its nappa out every now n again, until things are done to try and better our industry…and before folk start saying if you dont like it get out of the industry… well i do like it… but wouldnt it be nice to have the kind of pay and conditions our responsibility deserves…at the end of the day we keep the country going… as simple as that…
…at the very least we could get tony sum decent money… save him going to ronalds… :laughing: :laughing:

The citic wrote

Trucknet is a truckers organisation what better place to be having these discussions?

,if this is what most of the truck drivers wont why is trucknet not organizing something along these lines?? ie to help you? as they say for truck drivers by truck drivers?..surely its time that this website gave somthing back to its users? in stead of selling you, its users to its sponsors?..as has been said the no 1 website by drivers for drivers if this is the better way of life you need then perhaps this website should be seen to do some thing about the utter low wage we are paid to do our work?, and repay its users and be the voice of the truck driver

oddsodz:
The citic wrote

Trucknet is a truckers organisation what better place to be having these discussions?

,if this is what most of the truck drivers wont why is trucknet not organizing something along these lines?? ie to help you? as they say for truck drivers by truck drivers?..surely its time that this website gave somthing back to its users? in stead of selling you, its users to its sponsors?..as has been said the no 1 website by drivers for drivers if this is the better way of life you need then perhaps this website should be seen to do some thing about the utter low wage we are paid to do our work?, and repay its users and be the voice of the truck driver

Odds that exactly what Trucknet is doing!!

Helping get together UK Truck drivers so We can have a unhindered discussion about the industry we all work in, and without a group of people making our minds up for us!

one member one vote here! not 300 :open_mouth: members 6 votes :open_mouth: !

so We can have a unhindered discussion

What is that■■?

Surely a discussion is a platform for everyones point of view?

Or by ‘unhindered’ do you mean that only those that agree with you are allowed to contribute :wink: :laughing:

one member one vote here! not 300 members 6 votes

I think that means that I get a vote here too and the right to join in the discussion.

I would like to ask how many of you are Union Members and of those, how many have voiced these concerns with their Union and asked that they do something to warrant the weekly subscription you are paying??

You see I have a theory born out of the last 2 years…it is very easy when bored to sit in front of a screen and come up with a lot of good ideas. It’s an even better situation if you can get a few people behind you and then demand that someone else does the work. :unamused:

BUT, if it actually means using a little of your free time and a couple of hours (unpaid) off work to do these things, then the idea gets dropped like hot cakes unless the ‘said’ union/ anyone will do the organising and donkey work :wink:

Pat

Pat:

What is that■■?

Or by ‘unhindered’ do you mean that only those that agree with you are allowed to contribute :wink: :laughing:

I think that means that I get a vote here too and the right to join in the discussion.

I would like to ask how many of you are Union Members and of those, how many have voiced these concerns with their Union and asked that they do something to warrant the weekly subscription you are paying??

You see I have a theory born out of the last 2 years…it is very easy when bored to sit in front of a screen and come up with a lot of good ideas. It’s an even better situation if you can get a few people behind you and then demand that someone else does the work. :unamused:

BUT, if it actually means using a little of your free time and a couple of hours (unpaid) off work to do these things, then the idea gets dropped like hot cakes unless the ‘said’ union/ anyone will do the organising and donkey work :wink:

Pat

Double post :unamused:

What is that■■?

Pat

speak for yourself pat

Thecritic:

oddsodz:
The citic wrote

Odds that exactly what Trucknet is doing!!

Helping get together UK Truck drivers so We can have a unhindered discussion about the industry we all work in, and without a group of people making our minds up for us!

one member one vote here! not 300 :open_mouth: members 6 votes :open_mouth: !

how and when? can we see this happening then?im up for it then if trucknet can get all the truck drivers together on this then im up for a strike !!,but how can they get all to unite in this? also how can trucknet have the voice of the drivers?they (trucknet) have no political cloat no unoin backing and even less driver backing in this proposed strike, the public see us as truck drivers not nights of the road!,Can you honestly say that trucknet can change our way of life? and give us what we wont? i think not ! please dont preach trucknet policys that they are for truck drivers by truck drivers as there are no written policys as to what is wanted by us and how much backing trucknet can give us the drivers in our needs…so please dont presume that trucknet can and will get us what we all wont,people are leaving loved ones behind to better there lifestyle for the better things in life ,like holidays in the usa and board memberships just so they can live a better life,it would be nice to have some input here from the trucknet directorship on there views on this matter if they are up for it(as they say)■■?

Pat:

Pat:

Pat:

What is that■■?

Pat

Welcome aboard this discussion Pat of course your views are very welcome as a professional driver!

I do pay my union subs but mainly for legal protection! :open_mouth:

I think We both know better regarding unions, who because of the new Laws, which stop unions from calling for action across diferant workplaces and are now tied to one employer one action! So we dont really need to go there!!

As for getting things done I agree lots of truckers in the past have came up with great ideas to change the Truckers working conditions for the better but alas after much steam, very little if anything has improved. I personaly dont see that changing for the better in the distant future!

So maybe its time for a new group headed by people who believe that all truckers should have a say and not just a chosen few who happen to agree with one or 2 truckers who feel that ■■■■■ footing about is the way!

Action is needed by the people who are willing to take action!
Not words that are currently being taken by people who are looking for some sort of glory! IMO of course!

i think to slate t/net on the matter before a ball has been kicked is a little harsh…
at the end of the day at this moment in time this is merely a discussion…
though there view would no doubt be appreciated…as for how many of us are in unions what has that got to do with anything…would it change pats views if we were all in a union… or infact all not in a union…and besides thats my own bussiness.

some people are out to spoil before kickoff…
[zb]
so lets get every ones views before slagging the idea…
i,ll tell you what though… if and when anything does come of this (STRIKE ACTION)…YOU CAN PUT ME AT THE FRONT OF THE queue(SPELLING)…

See above.L.

[quote="oddsodz
how and when? can we see this happening then?im up for it then if trucknet can get all the truck drivers together on this then im up for a strike !!,but how can they get all to unite in this? also how can trucknet have the voice of the drivers?they (trucknet) have no political cloat no unoin backing and even less driver backing in this proposed strike, the public see us as truck drivers not nights of the road!,Can you honestly say that trucknet can change our way of life? and give us what we wont? i think not ! please dont preach trucknet policys that they are for truck drivers by truck drivers as there are no written policys as to what is wanted by us and how much backing trucknet can give us the drivers in our needs…so please dont presume that trucknet can and will get us what we all wont,people are leaving loved ones behind to better there lifestyle for the better things in life ,like holidays in the usa and board memberships just so they can live a better life,it would be nice to have some input here from the trucknet directorship on there views on this matter if they are up for it(as they say)■■?[/quote]

Trucknet is a platform for drivers to make the change that drivers want to!
As far as I know Trucknet is a forum for us drivers to get together and discuss ideas not a diving board to put into actions all ideas we have!
that would be crazy

Right, lets get one thing straight here.

I’m posting on here as a Lorry driver of 22 years standing who has seen the changes in this Industry from the end of the last strike to the present day.

I’m posting as a Trucknet Member so why do you all have to bring the PDA into every post I make.

I firmly believe that the reason the Unions have lost their power is because Members these days only belong because

I do pay my union subs but mainly for legal protection!

There are no dedicated Union Members these days who expect the Union to represent them and care for their welfare

BUT THS IS THE UNIONS JOB

And it is one they have failed miserably in for a lot of years now but you have all continued to pay ever increasing amounts per week to them without complaint.

Why do you not demand that they represent you in your views of a strike, go slow etc.■■?

Pat