National truckers strike

Yep I think kitkat got carried away a little bit!!
I earn more than most of my Trucker mates and I am very happy with my lot personaly, but with the average Truckers wage I am not!!

All truckers know they is a huge problem of moral in the Industry at the moment! The main reason for that is the Wage! they are other reasons as well but what ever the reasons it needs sorting!!

A highly ■■■■■■ off trucker with 44T is a dangerous one. This is something that needs addressing sooner before its too late!

If the response to this call was the same as the reponse to the blue ribbon campaign, I’d be the only one off the road. (As It was, I the only one that I saw flying a blue ribbon. And I tramp all week all over the place).
:wink:

Rob K:
Yeah, and you think that when all us employed drivers are parked up like good’uns, all the owner drivers will be doing the same, with ££££ of debt to pay off, insurance, tax to pay etc :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

NOT A [ZB] CHANCE :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

They’ll all be hot-footing it into Tesco’s or where ever, “look, you’ve got 5000 trailers of goods to deliver with no-one to drive them. I’ll do it for ££££…” Signed and sealed. Job done. Whole point of the exercise down the tubes :unamused:

THAT’S[/b] what the problem is (amongst others)
[/quote]
Do you really think that we would end the contracts we are on now to go and do a tempory job at the very places that are the bain of our lives I think not!!!
Just how many owner drivers do people think are out there.It’s not the owner drivers keeping your wages down it’s the likes of eddie stobart,prestons of potto,excel,wincanton, to name but a few who go around cutting rates to the bare bone in order to win business and guess what they are up in arms against owner drivers having an exemption from the working time directive because they think we “will have an unfair advantage” as if 1 man with 1 motor is going to steal all their business from them. :unamused:
the reason there will be no strike is simple most drivers are ALL MOUTH AND NO TROUSERS :smiling_imp:
I tried to get people on this site to make a phone call of complaint about how we were being treated at a well known msa operator but what response did I get nothing apart from a couple of people (thanks mal)
so instead of listening to your plc employers and blaming owner drivers for all your woes try switching your sights closer to home.
oh by the way I agree with what you say as regards the wages and treatment of drivers and if I thought it would benefit all of us (by maybe calling for the government to set a minimum rate per mile)I would gladly park up my motor for a week

appoligies to you mal & and the critic, i know what your saying and i can agree that things must change in the industry, but guys like you and i won’t be able to do that.because we are not like the french when we say we’ll do something certain drivers won’t back there actions up.so as terry put it they need to pay the provvi ( i don’t have that problem ) we need someone from goverment to stand up for us instead of shafting us from every direction. the public will never understand us fully. as for gaffers well i know mine would not back us because they don’t want to be seen backing drivers.our bosses went daft when we brought in the union.terry mentioned long term, well how long do we fight for this i know drivers that have been fighting for a decent wage for drivers since the sixties thats 44years,and some of these guys are now retired or working part time.how long do we fight :question: .til you mal and everyone on this form has retired.mal despite what i said on here i would go out on strike and stay out, but i would not go out just because tony wants us to.we need the backing from all the unions around the country,so untill that happens then i’ll keep ploding along doing my little bit. once again mal if i upset you or critic or anyone else on this form, then i appologies. i don’t like upsetting anyone its not in my nature. we all know what the conditions are like. but we can only change them through the proper channels, and thats with backing from some sort of authority behind us. people who can take our demands to the right people.

after all thats been said…(again), we are all of the opinion that changes are needed… well most of us are anyway… so bearing that in mind couldnt we sort something out…discussions or wotever, after all t/net is a large organisation…ish
well supported sureley this is the place to discuss things in a more in depth manner.be it secretly or wot…couldnt we at least see how the opinions rated strike action… and maybe get a union onboard…cmon, ideas… or will we still be saying this in another 10 yrs…at the end of the day everything has to start somewhere… why not here…
after all it is our future… i for one could never work in a wharehouse… not even for double my wage… driving is what i do …full stop… thats not to say i would,nt like things to be better… :laughing: :laughing:

after all thats been said…(again), we are all of the opinion that changes are needed… well most of us are anyway… so bearing that in mind couldnt we sort something out…discussions or wotever, after all t/net is a large organisation…ish
well supported sureley this is the place to discuss things in a more in depth manner.be it secretly or wot…couldnt we at least see how the opinions rated strike action… and maybe get a union onboard…cmon, ideas… or will we still be saying this in another 10 yrs…at the end of the day everything has to start somewhere… why not here…
after all it is our future… i for one could never work in a wharehouse… not even for double my wage… driving is what i do …full stop… thats not to say i would,nt like things to be better

i’ll 2nd that well sayed terry :wink:

Jim, please dont think theres any offence took here! well from my own part anyway! :slight_smile: This is what debate is all about, people saying what they think. We wont always agree, none of us, on every matter. But, the main thing is, all of us know that we are “getting by” in a bad situation by the way we graft, and dont jib out at the job. Im convinced that the govt know it full well too, but they dont care, because all they care about is votes, they take the ■■■■ and side with the majority for votes, even thought they KNOW what it would mean for us all to say enoughs enough.

I agree with you that there has to be a solid, and authoratitive leadership to get the toerags down westminster to sit up and take notice, thats a fact I believe. But for any union, or group, or whatever to be able to do that, it has to know the people behind it are solid, and prepared for a fight, without that in concrete, it aint got a cat in hell’s chance.

Sean, I agree, the big boys are the culprits, they survive on economies of scale, full stop. If any of them tried to start from scratch now with their operations, theyd have no chance. A tiny profit from 500 or even more trucks is a lot, from 1 or 2 its ■■■■ all. They know it, and sling ■■■■■ at OD’s and small firms to hide the truth, while ranting on about ■■■■■■■■ like drivers wearing ties, and going on loads of poxy training schemes. Its all image and no substance.

Fair play steveo999, but its more than money (for my part anyway) and ALL of the injustices that plague the industry could be sorted, theres a lot go at, a lot. We only need to read the threads on here, and I bet 75% of them are about drivers having to deal with stuff in the real world, thats caused by MP’s and the public in cloud cuckoo land! but it would have to be solid, and well organised to succeed. Well, thats what I believe, I know for some its all about the wedge, thats their business.

Mal.

ohterry555:
… driving is what i do …full stop… thats not to say i would,nt like things to be better… :laughing: :laughing:

Says it all Tez, principle thats what its all about. I dont think theres a barrow load of militants here trying to stir up trouble, we all work, and get ■■■■ on, and we all know it.

Mal.

I agree no need to apoligise

thats what good honerst debates are for!! Ideas.

Trucknet is a truckers organisation what better place to be having these discussions?

Truckers need to stand up and be counted. this web site allows truckers to do it.

Things can happen but we need more than 20 or 30 truckers to make it happen. is it possible to get the required amount to agree on a course of action from here? proberbly not but its a start.
And every little drop counts said the little old lady who had a ■■■■ in the sea!

The other site goes on about raising the
PROFILE of the professional driver,…

[zb]

The reason i started this topic is maybe JUST maybe it might triger some action…FROM SMALL ACORNS GREAT OAK TREES GROW… :wink:

A ND NO WAY AM I MILLITANT JUST A CLASS 1 DRIVER WHO IS SO DEMORALISED AT THE STATE OF PLAY IN THIS GREAT INDUSTRY OF OURS…P.S. There is a lot more respect on here and sense talked… :wink:

And weather as a fellow trucker u consider me a brother or not if i meet u one day on the black stuff u will be met with a warm handshake and a mug o char..................................... :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: THANKS FOR LISTNIN` TONE… :wink:

TONY…and anyone else who is thinking along the same lines. It has been made QUITE CLEAR on SEVERAL OCCASIONS that WE WILL NOT ALLOW discussion of PDA business on this site. If you have something to say either to them or about them, DO IT ON THEIR FORUMS, NOT HERE!!!
You have all seen the trouble this sort of thing has caused in the past. It’s sad that we have had to draw this line, but the actions and behaviour of certain people who shall remain nameless mean that we cannot risk yet another thread being turned into a petty slanging match…something which is damaging to TruckNet UK as a business.
This site has to pay for itself in order that you all may have these forums as a place to meet and talk. Much as both Rikki and myself wish we could allow these sorts of discussion to take place here, it has been proved time and time again that doing so does more harm than good.
Sorry guys, but there it is. L.

I am 100% behind you Tony but I live here. The very reasons you have listed are are great contributor to my leaving the country I love.

Just using this site isn’t going to help much, you need to go public somehow, if you and some others can get together, try and get some fliers printed and posted at ever truck stop etc.

You have to get a majority behind you, keep it up :slight_smile:

i,ll make you a cuppa any time tone… keep it up man… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

same here (if you dont mind QT) :laughing:

I’ve told you before, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .

Okay, change of record from the owner drivers taking advantage of the situation as Sean( :question: ) has had a grumble about that :smiley: … although still think it’s probably true in reality :imp:

The other big[/b] problem is that there are way too many “I’m happy on the money I’m on… it pays the bills” fools out there who have no problem tramping 80hrs week Monday-Saturday in a 580 Scania for £300 take home.
That’s where your next problem lies.
With respect.

Rob K:
Sean( :question: )

Sean = north surrey haulage

I hope that answeres your question Rob. :smiley:

north surrey haulage:

Rob K:
Sean( :question: )

Sean = north surrey haulage

I hope that answeres your question Rob. :smiley:

Thought I’d seen the name mentioned somewhere but wasn’t sure. :smiley:

Tony

I asked you on the same thread on the PDA site and I’ll ask again on here since you didn’t reply.

Are you a Union Member and what are they doing about this■■?

Pat

Most of my threads about money bore some whilst others say change the record. That may be so but looking back on my previous topics relating to money they get up to 1,000+ hits and over 800 replys :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

SURLEY WEATHER YOU AGREE WITH ME OR NOT, THAT IN ITS SELF SPEAKS VOLUMES… :exclamation: CHEERS TONE… :wink:

And weather as a fellow trucker u consider me a brother

point taken tony,i’ll take that back and would meet you with a warm handsake as well tony.tony i consider everyone on this site as friends no matter what they think,i just don’t like when drivers and dam good ones like yourself bail out when the going gets tough. its bad enough having to fight against goverments with the amount of drivers we have now,without guys like yourself bailing out.we need guys like yourself to stay and help fight the truckers argument for fair pay for a fair days graft. but it has to be done through the right channels.i don’t know if you are part of a union or not ( that is your choice ) but i think that you’d be the ideal person to represent your depot if they have a union.its the only way we as drivers will be heard.i know unions are not everyone’s cup of tea,and i respect there views,but since we have joined the union at our depot it has come on leaps and bounds.i’m not saying we have got everything that we asked for,but honestly in the last 3 years tony we have made great progress.and most of that is due to us putting a lgv1 driver in as shop steward and has made his way up to the next level as area rep which means he is dealing with the man at the top of the tree,and he don’t hold anything back,he speaks his mind and he can upset certain people at that level.but he generally gets what he wants or no far off it.so please tony b4 you decide to go to a warehouse think about it and channel your thoughts in to the right people.take care and keep on posting your thoughts although i don’t always agree with every thing you say, they make good reading anyway. :wink: :laughing:

Tony

Why can’t you answer a simple question without resorting to personal insults.

In doing so you typify the image the public has of lorry drivers, make us look incapable of reasoned debate and not worthy of any more money :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I ask publicly for Tony’s post to be moderated as it breaks a number of Trucknet rules.

Pat

As you can see, this has now been done…first by the Site Manager, and then more ruthlessly by myself. I have only just got off an overnight flight from the States, but I’m back now…so ruthless it is.
May I just take this opportunity to politely remind you that discussion of PDA topics is not permitted on these boards precisely because they have descended to such a childish level in the past. Please take discussions about the PDA, it’s issues, and it’s threads, to your own forums.
If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to pm or e-mail me.L.