MODEL TRUCKS

090.JPG

GOIN QUOIN:

I made one of these in metalwork at school, completely from scratch, it actually worked too!

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

newmercman:

GOIN QUOIN:

I made one of these in metalwork at school, completely from scratch, it actually worked too!

I won that for letter of the month in one of the Truck mags

newmercman:

GOIN QUOIN:

Did you have to send the boiler away to be pressure-tested?

Just some finishing touches to add, no prizes for who i work for !

ERF-NGC-European:

newmercman:

GOIN QUOIN:

Did you have to send the boiler away to be pressure-tested?

No, health and safety didn’t exist in those days.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hey,model-makers/collectors…did any one make a model or kit of a Sed Atki 400 series? i’d like to re-create a model of ‘my’ first proper lorry,reg. YRP 64S.

Carryfast-Yeti wrote;
hey,model-makers/collectors…did any one make a model or kit of a Sed Atki 400 series? i’d like to re-create a model of ‘my’ first proper lorry,reg. YRP 64S.

There are no 400’s in the large scale such as 1/24, KFS did produce a 401 kit known as a Transkit that consisted of the cab and other chassis accessories such as batteries, fuel tank etc, an Italeri Volvo kit was used as a doner for the chassis, axles, wheels etc. The 401 cab could be converted to a 400 if the modeller was skilled enough, some had been done. There could be something in the smaller 1/50 diecast scale such as Corgi make but you may have to do some searching. Example of my 401 below which was a near perfect replica of the real cab. Franky.

ok,thanks Franky.superb 401! :smiley:

I knocked this skelly up earlier this week, about 4 hours work, 1:76 scale.

Imgur

carryfast-yeti:

Here’s a 400 series conversion I did-using the KFS 401 kit-not 100 percent correct but near enough

After seeing some of the amazing models from the likes of Jimski, Wirral pete etc. Thought would give it a go after seeing what you now can build.
So have built this F88 in A Stevens colours spent many a day second manning this particular wagon with driver Frank Camsfield all over the country.This is the actual wagon.

CNV00015.JPG
And couple of model.

P1000151.JPG

Is that 88 a transkit? It looks very good, especially if that’s your first model build.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

NMM yes it is a transkit from a company called kit form services you use normally a donor chassis usually the Italeri 1/24th scale Volvo fh and kit supplies the cab fuel tank and various other different bits such as air tanks. The pole trailer is also scratch built as you can buy suspension and wheels etc .It is amazing what is possible to build even interiors are made in right hand drive form.
I used to build models when i was young mainly american trucks so have a bit of idea what to do.

You can even make detailed things like warwick and chain kits.

I have two of those F88 transkits myself, along with a Mandator and a Transcon and a box of bits and pieces, wheels etc. The stuff you can get these days is amazing.

Anyway, that’s a nice build however much experience you have. I hope my own efforts look as good when I find the time to start them [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

KFS do a recent AEC Mercury or Mandator Transkit, Howard who owns the business bought the moulds etc from Andrew of Kingdom Trucks who released the first Ergo cabbed transkit. It seems Andrew didn’t have the kit instructions to pass onto Howard and he knew I’d built a Mammoth Minor tractor using the older Kingdom kit so got in touch, fortunately I hang onto all that sort of stuff so was able to pass on the kit instructions to him. I also passed on a couple of tips concerning things I’d found building the kit such as the cab B post was too thick and needed thinning slightly to resemble the real one’s (one each side of course), I’m not sure if Howard altered the cab in any way so if you have an old Kingdom Trucks or newer KFS Ergo kit its worth bearing that in mind, it does make a difference. Howards KFS and the Kingdom Trucks kits are/were superb to put together, just a shame Kingdom doesn’t do them anymore and KFS has cut down on the truck transkits he used to produce as he now concentrates more on military vehicles and equipment, again this is excellent stuff and very good replicas of the life size subjects. Just wish I had more funds and space to include many more of the kits KFS turnout quite regularly. Cheers Franky.

Franky. It was this actual thread that i found out about transkits and your model of the Atkinson 6 wheel unit that made me start looking, as i wanted to build an Atkinson Borderer as that was what i spent my younger days in, with my dad and uncles. Was gutted when found Howards site and Atkinson was no longer in production . Good news is Howard is doing a rerun of the Atkinson this summer so have put my name down for one.
I am trying to build up a few reserve kits for future builds whilst i can still afford it, as you may know cost can easily build up when you start buying the extras.

Have been giving it a try, long way to go get it right (steadier hand would help) got to make trailer for it next.

andrew.s:

carryfast-yeti:

Here’s a 400 series conversion I did-using the KFS 401 kit-not 100 percent correct but near enough

superb model,the ‘400’ :smiley: …just needs ‘Carryfast’ decals instead of Securicor :slight_smile: