MODEL TRUCKS

carryfast-yeti:

andrew.s:

carryfast-yeti:
hey,model-makers/collectors…did any one make a model or kit of a Sed Atki 400 series? i’d like to re-create a model of ‘my’ first proper lorry,reg. YRP 64S.

Here’s a 400 series conversion I did-using the KFS 401 kit-not 100 percent correct but near enough

superb model,the ‘400’ :smiley: …just needs ‘Carryfast’ decals instead of Securicor :slight_smile:

Lol-I have to say the livery of the 400 isn’t very imaginative-but I did it as a commission for the bloke that used to drive the real one

1.50 wrings transport mercedes transport

1.50 conway bailey transport

Just completed, “The Beast”, Yorkshire Traction’s Magirus-Deutz Uranus recovery wagon from the eighties. The real one started as a Swiss Army tank transporter, the model as a Magirus Jupiter -based fire truck by Signature Series, 1/43 scale.

mag.JPG

My two recent ones completed this year.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jimski:
My two recent ones completed this year.

Jimski,

That “Jameson” rig is something else,astounding,congratulations.

David

The meachers scamell is a first class job a credit to you :smiley: cheers John

Nice subtle weathering on the Scania Jimmer, another couple of stunners to add to your portfolio (took me ages to find the right word lol)

How did you do the Skelly? Chopped 40’, or triaxle 20’ with dual wheels or scratchbuilt?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Some 1.50 scale loads of e-bay I got to paint the sheeted coils :smiley: cheers John

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

One for Gassap

Here you go Andrew… so far it’s taken me about 4 hours on a wet Saturday. plus a couple of hours on Sunday morning… and it cost about 4 dollars worth of 1mm thick modeling styrene…Nothing more sophisticated than a modeling knife, hand drill,and nail file… bit of wet and dry to finish…

I managed to get a good side on shot of a full size truck, then worked out the scale by sizing with tire sizes as it was about the only “given” that I had. so I’m hoping it ran on 10.000 x 20’s and not 11 22.5ves…
I used the wrong kind of filler on the roof so it cracked, but it’s an easy fix…I’ll dig it out and do it again with milli putt or similar…

I’ve been trying to get a better shot of the roof. I would assume that there are some kind of swage lines punched into it to give it strength. or a roof vent ■■? So far I don’t know… just guessing…

1/24 scale …still got a bit to go…

I not sure how you put more than 1 photo at a time…

Jeff.

Nearly finished building this… But which Trucknet member that used to sub for Carmans, Brit- European and do M/E and Kaz had the full scale version■■?

Jeff…

Jelliot:
Nearly finished building this… But which Trucknet member that used to sub for Carmans, Brit- European and do M/E and Kaz had the full scale version■■?

Jeff…

Nice one jeff! I would guess that its Dave mackies truck.
Looks great and good to see you at it again!

Danne

Great weathering Jelliot, doesn’t look like a model anymore. On the real one did that air shield fold flat if you were pulling a flatbed or bobtail ? There was a few had them like that over here but not very popular which surprised me as i though it was a good idea.

Well spotted Danne … Yes Dave Mackie’s MAN …
Remy, in theory the spoiler did fold down… but most of the time in the UK the bolts were usually rusted up so it was more trouble than good. The only guys that folded them down wee the recovery guys if they had to be towed backwards…

Quit happy with it now, done a few finishing touches… I’ll get it outside and take some better shots when I get time…

Jeff…

Quuck build by my standards.

Jelliot:

Jeff…

Very nice job on the tilt Jeff :smiley:

Nice build Pete… Have you finished building Yates trucks ? I recon that Scania took you about 6 months… and that was just trying to get the pin striping on straight…

Thanks Wolfie… foiled again… How’s that Brinor trailer coming on…Transconti at the front?

Jeff…

Jelliot:
Nice build Pete… Have you finished building Yates trucks ? I recon that Scania took you about 6 months… and that was just trying to get the pin striping on straight…

Thanks Wolfie… foiled again… How’s that Brinor trailer coming on…Transconti at the front?

Jeff…

Finished it this very weekend Jeff…