MODEL TRUCKS

absolutly superb :grimacing: :grimacing:

cheers
gaz

Nice models folks…below are pics of my efforts. They are in 1:50 scale. The firm was one around in the 70s/early 80s. The trialers are corgi code 3s, and the tractor is a white metal kit build.
Enjoy! :smiley:

postman paul:
More !

Paul,the detail is quite staggering,the patience needed to bring about this type of quality,is quite simply incredible,well done!

Take it easy,

David :smiley:

Just fantastic, love the joker, was it owned by bob Edwards?, I’m inspired to do a ‘tricky’ f12 globie now!

Hi All, hi Harryvr6 yes Bob Edwards was the first owner of the Joker from new, The Joker was one of the first 3 Globetrotters in the uk, would have been a good truck to restore and put on the show circuit ! It was later owned by Gary Burton who’s photos it used to do the model.
Regards Jimski

Cheers, my son is called bob Edwards! I can feel a build coming on ha ha! Does anyone have any info on this operator/ outfit at all? Some great models on here, some I recognise from truckmodelworld too, thanks again, harry.

Gallacher Daf Blue Eclipse 1/24 scale

DRYSDALE SCANIA.

Hi Gazzad, love the DAF mate the weatherings real trick , not over the top, just right, I’m gonna have to start to weather mine I think, bought a Harder and Steenbeck airbrush about 2/3 months ago ain’t used it yet, think I’m gonna give it a bash!

Regards Jimski

Thanks Jimski.A lot of the weathering is pastels.Works great along with the airbrush as well as can be dusted off if your not happy. Garry. :wink:

hey gazzad

top job with those mate, i too like the daf alot, love the in cab detail.

cheers
gaz

Haven’t seen the 3300 before Gaz, very nice indeed.

gazzad:
Gallacher Daf Blue Eclipse 1/24 scale

Cracking model, the attention to detail is amazing, I especially love the grease on the rear mudguards and the cracked paint on the backs of the mirrors :wink:

I found this site and thought it may come in handy for the truck modellers, well the ones who need a rusty container or lift tank to copy.

homepage3.nifty.com/container/co … m#contents

I was looking for a Trafpak tank for a project.

nice one wheel nut, whats the project then?.. :smiley:

Greeting,All.
In the model world,I’m a novice but you’ve got to start somewhere.This is an Italeri model DAF, found in the loft of my nephew, No.788,1/24th.scale so I thought I’d have a go at it.Any comments welcome. More later,regards,900X20. :unamused:

hello 900x20,
looking good so far mate. see your a fan of the scammells…have you been to kit form service website?..they do a scammell trunker although its not due to be released again till 2012 its still a great looking kit and in 1/24th scale. heres a link to the model kitformservices.com/tq/trunk1.jpg

Hello,wirral pete. Thanks for your info. on Scammells.I looked at the one you sent and it’s the exact copy of the one I drove on Shell for years. I shall have to keep my eye on it as It’ll be the next project. Kind regards,900X20. :smiley:

no probs at all mate, glad i could help,
dont know if you visited this site forum.truckmodelworld.com/ you can pick up some great tips and see more modellers work on there.
all the best with the daf mate
pete

mercedes finally finished