MODEL TRUCKS

Being new to the forum thought i would post a couple of pics of some my model truck projects.

This is a 1/24th scale replica of our old race truck/trailer on the top fuel drag racing team i work for.

The trailer started life as a italeri Citroen WRC rally team trailer and as been heavily chopped to what you see here.

Truck is a simple phase 1 italeri renault magnum with a phase 2 dash board ( couldnt locate a phase 2 grille at the time of building) with details such as spot lights and suzie cables from kfs.

1/24th scale replica im working on of one of my uncles trucks.

Started life a italeri 144l heavy truck kit. Turned into a twin steer with a kit from KFS, super single front wheels, rhd dash and KFS Stacks. Not int he photo is the “hanson” conblock logos that were done by Chris Moxon.

Currently building a brick trailer with crane brick grab for this one.

Just started building a replica of my uncles old Scania Centurion, pics to follow.

ahhhh,
been wondering about that scania mate, remember you saying you was building a brick trailer…hows it coming on?

heres my merc now, complete save for the decals. i have enjoyed building it and using airbrush for weathering for the first time… :slight_smile:

bloody hell, i dont know how you all do it, theres some amazing motors on here

Jimski:
Hi all, this is what’s on the bench at the mo… Can you tell what it is yet :unamused:

Regards Jimski

The Joker?

Good guess Newmercman :laughing: :unamused: R Jimski

Hi all, nearly there !!

Regards Jimski

that looks the part jimski!

Thanks Wirralpete some snotty bits but it’s turning out ok

The real McCoy
Regards Jimski

wirralpete:
ahhhh,
been wondering about that scania mate, remember you saying you was building a brick trailer…hows it coming on?

heres my merc now, complete save for the decals. i have enjoyed building it and using airbrush for weathering for the first time… :slight_smile:

Ah thought i had seen that name before. The scania is away at the doctors (aka Mixxy from tmw forum) having fallen off the tv unit.
Funny enough i decided to get the brick trailer back out yesterday and start work again along with working on my centurion.

Your merc is looking good, Like the weathering effect you have done. This is one thing i need to practice more.

cheers mate,
its my first attempt at weathering with an airbrush and using vajello paints, easy to use wich is what i need lol looking forward to seeing the brick trailer mate.

icidentally, what the gnr for on your user name?, nowt to do with the royal regiment of artillery is it?.. :slight_smile:

wirralpete:
cheers mate,
its my first attempt at weathering with an airbrush and using vajello paints, easy to use wich is what i need lol looking forward to seeing the brick trailer mate.

icidentally, what the gnr for on your user name?, nowt to do with the royal regiment of artillery is it?.. :slight_smile:

A few months ago i bought some paints from vajello and only had a good result once the rest of the time the results where horrible. Proberbly my fault with the thinning ratios ( used to solvent and cellouse paints lol)

I will get some images taken of the brick trailer soon.

GNR is just my initials thats all.

mate the only thing i used to thin down the paint was water and you dont need a lot of it :slight_smile:

Hi all, The Joker now finished, few hiccups :unamused:

Regards Jimski

Hi all,This is still the best looking volvo on this thread :laughing: see avatar,I will try to post some more pics later.Paul

Hi all, I am sure I have posted these on here before but they have disappeared, :confused: Paul

More !

More !

Hi all very very nice Postman Paul !!!
Regards Jimski

Yeah I’ve seen that before, on here or on TMW forum.

Nice job on the Joker, should show it on TMW.

postman paul:
Hi all,This is still the best looking volvo on this thread :laughing: see avatar,I will try to post some more pics later.Paul

I think that’s the best model truck I have ever seen, it just looks so real.