Middlesbrough hauliers

hi all
any body remember w.g.thomas I think they had a yard on the trunk rd going out towards dorman-longs?i think they ran what seemed like old trucks even in the early 60s, dennis 4 and 6 ridged trucks painted green any body no what became of them.
regards
sm1

keith 2:
A ONE TRANSPORT had a dept in Middlesbrough,in the 80s,did any of you lads remember them,thanks keith

They had a depot on Denmark St off Newport Road in the 60s

Here’s a few of Carlisle Bros. from Middlesbrough. These pics are courtesy of my good friend Gil Carlisle.
I think this was Pickering many years ago. I’m sure there are still a few of there ex drivers around the “Boro”
Gil and I worked together as o/drivers for many years, unlike me Gil is still working. He works out of the dock
on Teeside, although he now works as an employed driver. Regards Kev.

What about Crossleys !!!.. anybody got pics ■■?

nice fella keith, remember him from when he was boss at colorline cargo

macg:
I worked for Bobby Durham from about 1974 until 1983 then I subcontracted for him until 1988. I was based at the Morpeth depot but did a lot of work around Tees side, ICI ,and Lackenby steelworks.

Where have you been hiding Mac, Its a while since you were on this thread, Get your finger out and get Doon The Toon on the 29th at the Labour Club Do, Its a great get together & Im sure you would enjoy it, There will be a lot to talk about & of course lots to drink, Hope you can make it, Regards Larry.

scotstrucker:
nice fella keith, remember him from when he was boss at colorline cargo

That pic was taken at Colorline North Shields. Gil and I worked on traction there, thats his F10 is in the background.
We were waiting to load two trailers that had to be accompanied to Kristiansand. Regards Kev.
Ps I’ve met Keith at the Tyne Tees Run for the last two years, he has an open top Double Decker Bus.

The guy on the left Kevin has he got a twin ? who worked at Elldis, that F10 of Gills in the photo was a
very nice motor to drive :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: - :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

T A Bulmer
R Milburn
Stockton Haulage
Ben Homan
Rankins
W J Riding
A Stevens
A V Dawson
Richardson
Lintzgarth
and a load more i cant recall !!

8LXBV8BRIAN:
The guy on the left Kevin has he got a twin ? who worked at Elldis, that F10 of Gills in the photo was a
very nice motor to drive :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: - :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Brian, I can’t remember that lads name :blush: but I recall that Kenny (greek) knows him. I do remember he was on the tools before he went driving full time. Also I do think he worked for Elddis. Regards Kev. PS. Hope to see you Monday. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

joeshell:
T A Bulmer
R Milburn
Stockton Haulage
Ben Homan
Rankins
W J Riding
A Stevens
A V Dawson
Richardson
Lintzgarth

out of that list theres only 2 that are still on the go, Richardsons and Dawsons

chaversdad:

joeshell:
T A Bulmer
R Milburn
Stockton Haulage
Ben Homan
Rankins
W J Riding
A Stevens
A V Dawson
Richardson
Lintzgarth

out of that list theres only 2 that are still on the go, Richardsons and Dawsons

Yes i can remember Stevens of Great Ayton , Fodens and Scammells on steel tube work , may have come to Shotton . thank you Trevor

Teeside Transport Russells Tipper Transport, Zealand Carriers, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Russell’s son Charlie Russell had a few tippers on the go in the same red paintwork as his Father

dazcapri:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Russell’s son Charlie Russell had a few tippers on the go in the same red paintwork as his Father

Aye they bought a Foden belonging to my cousin, The last time I saw it along ago it was working in the steel works on internal work, Happy days Eh, Regards Larry.

tastrucker:

chaversdad:

joeshell:
T A Bulmer
R Milburn
Stockton Haulage
Ben Homan
Rankins
W J Riding
A Stevens
A V Dawson
Richardson
Lintzgarth

Yes i can remember Stevens of Great Ayton , Fodens and Scammells on steel tube work , may have come to Shotton . thank you Trevor

I worked for Stevens for 10 years , sad day when he announced he was selling up, He was down to just 6 trucks by then but it was and still is the best job i.ve ever had

Lawrence Dunbar:

macg:
I worked for Bobby Durham from about 1974 until 1983 then I subcontracted for him until 1988. I was based at the Morpeth depot but did a lot of work around Tees side, ICI ,and Lackenby steelworks.

Where have you been hiding Mac, Its a while since you were on this thread, Get your finger out and get Doon The Toon on the 29th at the Labour Club Do, Its a great get together & Im sure you would enjoy it, There will be a lot to talk about & of course lots to drink, Hope you can make it, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry hope you’r keeping well,(looking good on the photos) could not make the do on Monday.Was at Fergy’s reunion do on sat at Newbiggin,lots of old faces from the past, Les called up to offer me a lift down and we had a good day.Hope to make it next year ,God willing. Best wishes to you all for 2015, give my regards to Nigel.

snowman1:
hi all
any body remember w.g.thomas I think they had a yard on the trunk rd going out towards dorman-longs?i think they ran what seemed like old trucks even in the early 60s, dennis 4 and 6 ridged trucks painted green any body no what became of them.
regards
sm1

W.G. Thomas operated 40 footers with ERF units on Steel, and tippers (as Road Materials) on bulk work, mainly for British Steel on distance and internal work.
The rump of the outfit was taken over by, and absorbed into A.V. Dawson

hi vertco
thanks for the info re w.g.thomas I don’t remember the e.r.f.artics just the old dennis 4 and 6 wheelers they used to go thro leeds on a sunday afternoon heading to-wards Huddersfield for Manchester or l/pool, up the hills at walking pace this was 1962ish.
happy new year
regards
sm1

snowman1:
hi vertco
thanks for the info re w.g.thomas I don’t remember the e.r.f.artics just the old dennis 4 and 6 wheelers they used to go thro leeds on a sunday afternoon heading to-wards Huddersfield for Manchester or l/pool, up the hills at walking pace this was 1962ish.
happy new year
regards
sm1

I am referring to the late sixties/early seventies when Teesside was booming, rates were good, and vehicles so scarce that that out of area tanker operators like Thomas Allen, Harold Wood and Smith and Robinson sent vehicles as insufficient local vehicles were available. When Carrier’s licencing was abolished new firms appeared, most of them shot up like the rocket and crashed down like the stick. and when the steel industry was rationalized with the closure of Hartlepool, Cargo Fleet and Southbank and the new works at Redcar, together with the demise of ICI many of the firms mentioned on tis thread shut down as British Steel concentrated on 4 ‘lead’ hauliers, and.companies like Brunskill and Teesside carriers were no longer viable
Happy new year to you
Regards
Vertco