Maritime and Barron Wood owner driver work experience

shuttlespanker:
yoyo5, who on this thread has said anything against being an owner driver?

as far as i can see, the replies to this thread have all stayed on the subject from the OP, asking about Maritime and Barronwood

OOH im sorry if I stepped out of line and my comments upset you, NO not really I was making a valid comment on the subject of owner drivers so you should not be so sensitive.

yoyo5:

shuttlespanker:
yoyo5, who on this thread has said anything against being an owner driver?

as far as i can see, the replies to this thread have all stayed on the subject from the OP, asking about Maritime and Barronwood

OOH im sorry if I stepped out of line and my comments upset you, NO not really I was making a valid comment on the subject of owner drivers so you should not be so sensitive.

you haven’t upset me at all fella, and, your comments were not out of line, maybe on the wrong thread, but, not out of line

i really think you should go away and have a word with yourself, as you appear to be coming across as a bit of a prick :wink:

hope this helps, well, actually, i really couldn’t give a toss if it does or not :slight_smile:

as i posted previously, none of the replies on this thread are giving any negative feedback against being an owner driver, they are simply stating facts regarding the two companies that the OP has asked about

the OP is welcome to make his own mind up, but, has asked for advice and opinions of two companies in particular

now, if you don’t have anything constructive to add to the discussion, please go away, and leave it to the adults :slight_smile:

there’s a good boy :slight_smile:

Keep taking the tablets.

I was looking at the possibility of becoming an owner operator. And maritime did pop it’s head out of a truck magazine. There are some interesting points and thats why a forum is a great way to get a heads up. I have my own business at the moment which I am slowly losing my enthusiasm to carry on with.
Hitting the truck shows this year hoping to meet a few guys and pick there brains on this very thread.

Remus, I think the reason why Maritime advertise constantly, for both owner drivers and drivers is not just because they have lots of work, it is because they have a large turnover of owner operators and drivers…they call it ‘driver churn’.

There are many reasons for this, and have been discussed at length on various threads. I only post this because I really do hate to think of decent but sometimes naive guys becoming fodder for these predatory companies. As you are a business owner now, you should look at all your start up and ongoing running costs for your new business and what your projected earnings need to be and then do some research on the rates you can expect to get. If you can make it pay, go for it. I would firstly explore all your local options first.

Youngy:
I know a operator on with maritime he has two wagons on turnover last year was 200k dosnt take a genius to work out that he’s earning good money.

That’s less than 2k per week per motor. That’s not good money

OVLOV JAY:

Youngy:
I know a operator on with maritime he has two wagons on turnover last year was 200k dosnt take a genius to work out that he’s earning good money.

That’s less than 2k per week per motor. That’s not good money

Turnover means nothing, its how much is left after the bills are paid which is the important bit

Profit is sanity and turnover is vanity I once was told