Manchester CAZ/ZEZ

fodenway:

lancpudn:

fodenway:

lancpudn:
Motorhomes & motorised horse boxes are included in the Manchester CAZ and I know of two people that have these vehicles within the CAZ boundary :open_mouth: I bet they know nowt about the daily charges they will incur moving these vehicles when the CAZ starts next May. Doesnā€™t say much for the future used market in these vehicles as most of them I see around here are older vehicles.

A lot will depend on the legal definition of a ā€œmotorhomeā€. Is the current ā€œmotor caravanā€ category, or the amateur-converted campervan still registered as Private Light Goods included?

Yeah good point, Itā€™s a bit of a grey area. I came across a youtube video by chance & this guy had done a camper conversion on a Toyota Proace diesel and as he lived within the London ULEZ he said heā€™ll have to get rid of it as he used it every weekend.

A mate of mine lives in Dukinfield, and has just spent most of lockdown (and a fair few quid) converting his VW Crafter to a camper. Heā€™s a bit worried, since itā€™s his daily driver and heā€™s in central Manchester several times a week with it.

Your m8 be in it at Dukinfield never mind going in to Manchester. :cry:

[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah the Manchester CAZ will also include the A628 Woodhead pass & the A57 to stop traffic that doesnā€™t comply with the emission standards from going over the tops. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:

[/quote]
Yeah the Manchester CAZ will also include the A628 Woodhead pass & the A57 to stop traffic that doesnā€™t comply with the emission standards from going over the tops. :open_mouth:
[/quote]
Thatā€™s me stuffed then, 25-year old Dodge dayvan, 5.2 litre V8. Although itā€™s LPG-converted, and very clean running, I still have to pay Ā£270 a year for the privilege of winding up the eco-warriors.

Listening to BBC radio Manchester this morning thereā€™s a facebook petition of over 30,000 against the CAZ charge for HGVā€™s which starts this May. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:
Listening to BBC radio Manchester this morning thereā€™s a facebook petition of over 30,000 against the CAZ charge for HGVā€™s which starts this May. :open_mouth:

Been looking on Facebook at the groups against it ,I can see something happening about it yet ,not sure he will get elected again now that joe bloggs has realised it effects his family direction in the pocket irregardless of breathing clean air ,I hope thereā€™s a turning point being put in at Hazel Grove or Disley for the days I forget :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

lancpudn:

Been looking on Facebook at the groups against it ,I can see something happening about it yet ,not sure he will get elected again now that joe bloggs has realised it effects his family direction in the pocket irregardless of breathing clean air ,I hope thereā€™s a turning point being put in at Hazel Grove or Disley for the days I forget :laughing:

Lots of criticism from road hauliers in th EU about the upcoming ETS Carbon taxes too. euractiv.com/section/transp ā€¦ ernatives/

lancpudn:

Punchy Dan:

lancpudn:

Lots of criticism from road hauliers in th EU about the upcoming ETS Carbon taxes too. euractiv.com/section/transp ā€¦ ernatives/

Yes, criticism will soon change to a reaction, and a big change in misguided idealism.

bigstraight6:
Yes, criticism will soon change to a reaction, and a big change in misguided idealism.

Especially if a European nuclear power station decides to go rogue in a big way.It would only take 1 out of how many possible let alone when theyā€™ve doubled or trebled capacity.
The backlash against this scam would be epic and quick with numerous anti fossil fuel politicians hounded out of office over night if not whole governments brought down.

Leeds CAZ plans have apparently been scrapped because prior to implementation, so many people upgraded their vehicles(I assume with the grants offered?), that emission levels dropped enough to satisfy current legal limits.
Is there a lesson to be learned here? More carrot and less stick perhaps?

Surprise surprise Manchesterā€™s CAZ has been paused because not many can afford to upgrade their vehicles for cleaner vehicles in time because of high prices on the used market. I think every man & his dog could have seen this coming. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro ā€¦ s-and-cost

lancpudn:
Surprise surprise Manchesterā€™s CAZ has been paused because not many can afford to upgrade their vehicles for cleaner vehicles in time because of high prices on the used market. I think every man & his dog could have seen this coming. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro ā€¦ s-and-cost

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s no more punitive than the ULEZ and a 10 year old petrol motor is compliant with that.I they canā€™t afford a 10 year old motor they certainly wonā€™t be able to afford domestic energy bills when gas is equalised with electric with ā€˜carbonā€™ taxes.

lancpudn:

Itā€™s just the start of the wheels coming off the green utopia agenda, why are used vehicles suddenly so in demand with rising prices? Because the majority of people are not in a financial position to buy into new EVā€™s, let alone the thought of where is all the electricity going come from to power these vehicles IF there is a big uptake in these things outside of London as we already have an energy crisis racking up, you ainā€™t seen nothing yet!

I wonder if the pause will be all vehicles though ?

Lunacy

the maoster:
Lunacy

Like making us dependent on anything but green nuclear and biomass at 26p per kWh so they can export our oil and gas.
Itā€™s all about the Ā£Ā£Ā£ so that Al Gore can add to his retirement funds.

The Oxford ZEZ starts on the 28th of February where all diesel, petrol & hybrid cars will incur a daily charge. :open_mouth: airqualitynews.com/2022/01/31/o ā€¦ -february/

lancpudn:
The Oxford ZEZ starts on the 28th of February where all diesel, petrol & hybrid cars will incur a daily charge. :open_mouth: airqualitynews.com/2022/01/31/o ā€¦ -february/

The laughable inference being that those car users dont have the choice to take their trade elsewhere and have limitless incomes to pay for this punitive road use extortion.

Since GMTE won their recent court case for bus franchising all adult single journey prices will now be capped at Ā£2 & children Ā£1 no matter how many times you change buses to get to your destination. transport-network.co.uk/2-c ā€¦ neys/17645

lancpudn:
Since GMTE won their recent court case for bus franchising all adult single journey prices will now be capped at Ā£2 & children Ā£1 no matter how many times you change buses to get to your destination. transport-network.co.uk/2-c ā€¦ neys/17645

TfL are effectively bankrupt even without that type of sweetener.How long will that scheme work before they realise that the running costs of two buses are double those of one.

lancpudn:

Specifically high prices in the used market for petrol cars and worthless diesel trade in values because no one wants diesels ā€¦or EVs.
Bearing in mind petrol for us also provides better energy security.
Net zero is toast hopefully.