M 11

What you’re talking about there, Goldfinger, is plain and simple bad driving. Lorries up one another,s clackers and car drivers that have to be in front no matter what.

the nodding donkey:

rustyoldbolt:
Why not make it a 3 lane motorway ? its a joke all the cash they are throwing at smart motorways and a main route into the south is still 2 lanes.

The main route ‘into the South’ surely is the A34?

yes. :grimacing: Manchester to Southampton takes up a fair few clicks at an average of 7.23 mph. :laughing: back in the day, a very good days work. :sunglasses: got sticky around Newbury though. Lol. :smiley:

peterm:
What you’re talking about there, Goldfinger, is plain and simple bad driving. Lorries up one another,s clackers and car drivers that have to be in front no matter what.

We wouldn’t need to be up one another’s hoops for this to happen. 4 cars trying to get into a 2 second gap between 2 trucks will cause a smash or the truck behind to brake hard then a domino effect all the way down the line, which happens to 13 miles long because no one is allowed to overtake. That will happen all the time, because even cars moving out to pass well before their junction will be left out due to the fact there’s a constant line of trucks.

Add in some bad driving as you describe and some agency drag the job out knuckle-scraper sitting at 49 and the whole thing will be gridlock from about 0430 to 2130.

A.

rustyoldbolt:
Why not make it a 3 lane motorway ? its a joke all the cash they are throwing at smart motorways and a main route into the south
is still 2 lanes.

Cheaper to slap a couple 7.5 toner signs up then it is to widen a road I guess.

Came up her today :wink: and absolute muppetry between 8 and 9, elephant racing at its best as two of our sisters commenced a 2 mile overtake.

I was heavy so didn’t join in but passed both of the daft buggers at 66mph on the downhill section…

Dipper_Dave:
I was heavy so didn’t join in but passed both of the daft buggers at 66mph on the downhill section…

Another 22mph on top of that Dave and you could’ve activated your flux capacitor and posted this before the ban came into effect.

And even more weirdly before the internet was invented! Now there’s a head ■■■■.

the nodding donkey:

Juddian:
Grin and bear it chaps, we’re going to see a lot more of this on dual carriageway roads motorway designation or otherwise as they frantically re-arrangethe deck chairs on the sinking HMS Gt Britain in a vain attempt to cope with what is coming as the population rises ever closer to 100 million, with an infrastructure that struggled with 50 million when the majority were productive souls.

Check the mirror for who to blame for electing the fools who authorised this mass of unmanageable disastrous immigration, and check the faces of the demo in that london on saturday to see the useful idiots who believe they want yet more of the same.

Well, “you” voted in your democratic government. They do as “you” told them to do…

never voted, never will. :grimacing: had to register for BREXIT though. :sunglasses:

Fatboy slimslow:

the nodding donkey:

Juddian:
Grin and bear it chaps, we’re going to see a lot more of this on dual carriageway roads motorway designation or otherwise as they frantically re-arrangethe deck chairs on the sinking HMS Gt Britain in a vain attempt to cope with what is coming as the population rises ever closer to 100 million, with an infrastructure that struggled with 50 million when the majority were productive souls.

Check the mirror for who to blame for electing the fools who authorised this mass of unmanageable disastrous immigration, and check the faces of the demo in that london on saturday to see the useful idiots who believe they want yet more of the same.

Well, “you” voted in your democratic government. They do as “you” told them to do…

never voted, never will. :grimacing: had to register for BREXIT though. :sunglasses:

So “did vote” then. Your logic astounds me!

Adonis.:

peterm:

We wouldn’t need to be up one another’s hoops for this to happen. 4 cars trying to get into a 2 second gap between 2 trucks will cause a smash or the truck behind to brake hard then a domino effect all the way down the line, which happens to 13 miles long because no one is allowed to overtake. That will happen all the time, because even cars moving out to pass well before their junction will be left out due to the fact there’s a constant line of trucks.

Add in some bad driving as you describe and some agency drag the job out knuckle-scraper sitting at 49 and the whole thing will be gridlock from about 0430 to 2130.

A.

Believe me, I know how bleedin’ frustrating it is to have to keep backing off, but it’s the only way to keep that vital gap. Having said that, I’ve been feeling like ripping someone’s throat out when it keeps happening. Plenty of cameras to catch speeding, but how about some coppers on the road getting those gits that nick your stopping distance etc !