Lorries in lay-bys

Muntjac Hater:
Hi All
My first post. I saw this today & thought it was so brilliantly cavalier to park on the pavement like this. The curtains were pulled so I guess driver having a well earned nap & good luck to him! I,m not sure I could relax enough to rest in that place myself. I think you drivers [& me once upon a time] do such a brilliant & difficult job that they should be revered & respected & a park such as this should be looked at as perfectly ok. [ Deffo not on lane 1 of M1 though!!].

I notice its an Irish registered truck, properly a European driver, not a problem, but put a UK registered truck in the same place? Would guess either be moved on or ticketed.

Of course. UK registered = easy nick. Foreign = more paperwork, leave alone.

Well Ms Graham, you might get a shock if you did manage to park in a lay by late at night, prepare yourself for the doggers, flashers, casual ■■■, propositioning and heaven forbid if there happens to be a public toilet there. It would certainly make one blush.

Bit blurry but looks like a Virginia motor.

the maoster:

Bit blurry :open_mouth: it’s crystal clear I think you better get to spec savers :smiley:

There are that odd few who’d just leave it on the road, I mean in big artery roads in cities, I mean why ? Id rather take my chance with it on the pavement and walk around :grimacing:

Yeh! I love character!!

bald bloke:

the maoster:

Bit blurry :open_mouth: it’s crystal clear I think you better get to spec savers :smiley:

Maybe on a pc it is, on a phone once you’ve enlarged it it certainly ain’t. :wink:

robroy:

DonutUK:
Parking in a layby…absolute last resort…unless it’s massive one, well set back from the road with a a choice of eating establishments/supermarkets close by…

…and don’t get me started on those clowns who park in those ones where you need to pull your mirrors in. :open_mouth:
Muppetry at it’s best.

Too right, in the UK last week went past a couple of laybys only just the width of the truck with mirrors folded in! Curtains closed as well! Its a wonder any driver could sleep with the turbulance and the thought of being killed in the event of a smash. We all take it for granted in Spain /France how well we’re catered for over here, coming back to the UK is a real eye opener… :open_mouth:

You have got 15 hours to find a decent parking place.
Sleeping in a layby or paying to park in a unsecure lorry park with odour la ■■■■ is not on my list.
Google maps is your friend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bubsy06:
Sleeping in a layby or paying to park in a unsecure lorry park with odour la ■■■■ is not on my list.

May not always work like that for some though. With a disorganised transport office/ breakdowns/ tipping drag outs ect and you could end up no where near any planned stop…

AndrewG:

bubsy06:

May not always work like that for some though. With a disorganised transport office/ breakdowns/ tipping drag outs ect and you could end up no where near any planned stop…

Thank god for the pen, print out tacho reciept and write on the back.

the maoster:

bald bloke:

the maoster:

Maybe on a pc it is, on a phone once you’ve enlarged it it certainly ain’t. :wink:

I looked at it on my phone too, have you tried touching the picture with your finger it should resize it and a lot clearer too then enlarge it instead of just enlarging the picture with two fingers if you know what I mean.

bald bloke:
have you tried touching the picture with your finger it should resize it.

Has Dipper hacked your account? :smiley:

You are of course correct, I was enlarging the whole post whereas clicking on the actual picture makes it crystal clear, so there’s nowt wrong with my eyes. Lovely ERF though isn’t it? :wink:

the maoster:

bald bloke:
have you tried touching the picture with your finger it should resize it.

Has Dipper hacked your account? :smiley:

You are of course correct, I was enlarging the whole post whereas clicking on the actual picture makes it crystal clear, so there’s nowt wrong with my eyes. Lovely ERF though isn’t it? :wink:

Glad to be of assistance now you can cancel your eye test :wink: :smiley:

Does anybody in the older community here remember that enterprising farmer Harold in Lincolnshire?

We often used to overnight at Harold’s 24 hour cafe, somewhere near Sleaford I think. The overnight girls behind the counter would give you a wake up knock in the morning if you left your number and the time.

It was originally just his produce outlet, but he saw how much parking he had and decided to branch out.

After decimal currency came in ('72?) he started collecting the old money and would give you a good price for the coins he was short of.

Plenty of parking, both sides of the road, that is until Harold got ambitious and built a motel opposite.

Is it still there?

bubsy06:

Don’t have a smart phone, can’t afford one either.

ThrustMaster:

bubsy06:

Don’t have a smart phone, can’t afford one either.

:laughing: come off it

£623 for a smartphone…I can’t afford that…can you?

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06 … 5362060031

well said could not agree more, how many bosses P in a bottle , sleep & cook in there cars, and have the noise of traffic all night whilst having one ear open to work as a unpaid security guard . get a life! dont accept anything but secure parking.