Lorries cranes diggers and tippers and the odd motorbike

Red Arrows

Machine and Bedford tipper from the 70s

Stanfield:
Machine and Bedford tipper from the 70s

The digger looks like a JCB 7, JCBs first 360 excavator.

Cracking photos boys keep them coming.

Couple of tippers today.

20160426_120012~2.jpg

Out and about.

20160427_100101~2.jpg

20160427_093724~2.jpg

Great photo above Mr Dunbar.

Just the one today.

Lawrence Dunbar:

how did you find the handling with that unit larry . my regular lorry was a fleetmaster , 290 ■■■■■■■ . when i drove one like yours with the 240 gardner i always had the feeling that it oversteered on the corners , i suppose it might have been the weight of the 240 that caused it . good old motor though , it went like a goodun with the 12 speed box to play with , cheers , dave

rigsby:

Lawrence Dunbar:

how did you find the handling with that unit larry . my regular lorry was a fleetmaster , 290 ■■■■■■■ . when i drove one like yours with the 240 gardner i always had the feeling that it oversteered on the corners , i suppose it might have been the weight of the 240 that caused it . good old motor though , it went like a goodun with the 12 speed box to play with , cheers , dave

Well I only ran it for 6 months, I didn’t like it at all, The 220 ■■■■■■■ was a disaster, It was heavy on fuel & even with the 12 speed box it didn’t pull good at all, It got the hot spanner treatment in the end & I sold the bits off, The cab & the stearing box went to a pal of mine from Perth, Brian Patterson he fitted it onto a S36 8 wheeler G reg, Of course it had a Gardner 180 engine, He ran it after the conversion for a long time on long distance work, The S 36 that I had before this with a Leyland 680 PP, Was a far better motor I wish I had never parted with it, Regards Larry.

On Her Majestys’ Secret Service…

Lawrence Dunbar: