Long gone sussex hauliers

Gamble plant Worthing

robthedog:
Gamble plant Worthing

Got done by Environment Agy or Worthing BC for keeping old railway ballast in their yard (in days of slam door trains and toilets that emptied on to track ) They didn’t have a licence to store that type of waste

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Miguel Ramon Pegaso 2080 ?

public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25t … 0-001.html

Buzzer

Buzzer

403732784_10168333711600147_9095208221831222899_n.jpg

403728504_10168333711605147_5398100201079603131_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Engineered to perfection…

DO WE HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF LONG GONE SUSSEX HAULIERS

R T PAGE TRANSORT
JJ ADAMS HAULAGE
BONIFACE TRANSPORT

JUST SOME TO NAME

someone will be along soon to remove this thread,till it can be confirmed their gone :smiley:

JAMIE10,

there is a pic of JJ’s in “scrapbook memories”, a recent post by bubbleman I think.

brookie.

they are gone i know trust me

What about SHOREHAM TRANSPORT or IFIELD TRANSPORT …another couple that have gone…

Are Pendice still going too?

yes Pendice are still running all plane trucks know and not so many and yes i had forgot them

here you go, an old pic ('89) of my first brand new tractor unit, a 190.30 Iveco. 13 speed Fuller crash box. 300 bhp but it honestly flew! I played many a bad tune changing gear for the first few weeks, never driven a crash box before! I mainly had a blue Tautliner behind me though.

Dobbs of Eastbourne stopped and is now Dobbs Logistics, a completely different company bar the name, although John Dobbs still runs a smaller company, JWD Transport. He put me through my “class 1” after I’d been on vans and 7.5 tonners for a few years (I was only a teenager when I started for him), I had my HGV license at 22!. Had a great time on there, good bunch of lads too.
Great boss, lovely fella, sadly lost the Nobo work to another local company (JJ’s!) in '90-'91. Alot of guys lost their jobs then . That was when I moved on to Radcliffes and the start of my European adventure. :smiley:

Cheers,

Brookie.

i remember this on the road when i was on Tomsetts

I knew I had a pic with the Tautliner, this was in Princes Street lorry park in Edinburgh, 1990.

Did you ever park there JAMIE10 on tomsetts? ■■■■ good pub called the Haymarket opposite :smiley:

Another couple of names from Sussex past, do you remember Star Transport? They did Greece etc in mid eighties, based in Crowborough I think, only a couple of motors. And Merrydowns own Dafs, or Mayhew Chickens too? Danny Erser from Newhaven (Volvos and tilts I think?). Who had the Volvo F89 pulling TOE trailors in late '80s?. And another firm that did timber etc, I’m sure from Ringmer way, I always got stuck behind them through the forest up the A22, they had some fairly old motors that struggled a bit!! If I recall any more I’ll post them.

Brookie

the f88 pulling toes was a guy they used to call bunter i remeber star driver traing from crowbrough how do you input photos i could put some on then