Anyone remember Salters of belgium/ Holland

My very first job as an owner driver 1983 with my Seddan Ackinson was pulling for Salters in Rainham 2 people ran it from a portacabin Jean & a fat bloke? an owner driver called Larry & his brother worked for them & Sebesta Haulage I worked 23 hours plus to earn the money, drove all over the UK & down to Sheerness & Ramsgate the loads were not that good ie strip outs & hand ball jobs. I left there after a year & went & pulled for Detrafor in Ramsgate. Hope you enjoy the photo. ■■■■ Matthew (R J Matthew Transport Sittingbourne)

Hi ya chaps!! Can anyone remember Salters of Belgium and Holland I was on for them in the early 80s, When they had a depot in Ferry lane Rainham Essex…Orange tilts and some times i’d pull a white BVT trailer…I had a sky blue and silver 6x4 Scania 111 reg no was HWD 453 V…I’ve no photo’s but was hoping it might jog someone’s memory…We used to pull the trailers out of Ramsgate and sheerness docks… If anyone has any pics would loveto see them …Thanks…Wagsy…

i only remember taking pallets into Ferry Lane
no maybe when i worked for BJ Myers i pulled a trailer of theirs
thats it Myers did some for them

I used to work at Salters Mollem!
Think it was '97, did distribution with truck and wagon through whole Belgium!
We drove red volvos and mercedes with orange or blue trailers.
Salters was a dutchman, the firm became Richard Kempers later on and is now EXTRA LOGISTICS swiss comp. and black trailers with pink writing… :wink:

Hi ya DOSCH, Thank you for the information…
Yeah they were orange or blue tilt trailers…We had one of the red Volvo’s over
here, a guy named Eric drove it he worked for Salters direct. Most of us were owner drivers or subcontractors…I was there in Rainham, Essex U.K.for about
two years in the early 80’s
Merry Xmas to you …

WAGSIE…

Thank you and for you and your family the Best Wishes!!!
I had a good time at SALTERS transport though I stood for only half year because it payed bad. They also drive me crazy, each day more and more adresses till “the bomb exploded at the dispatch office!!!” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: