Llandudno 2016

Anyone know what the drill is for attending as a visitor (ie non-exhibitor)? is it entry by ticket, and if so can you get a 3-day ticket at the gate? Cheers, Robert.

PS. This thread can serve as a depository for snaps of the show after the weekend.

Cant find info on the advert,but its £6.00/(£5.50 concessions) children are £1.00,no weekend price advertised,

Exhibitors get a wristband so maybe if you pay for the weekend you get one too?

Gates open 9am oh and car parking is £2.00

vwvanman0:
Cant find info on the advert,but its £6.00/(£5.50 concessions) children are £1.00,no weekend price advertised,

Exhibitors get a wristband so maybe if you pay for the weekend you get one too?

Gates open 9am oh and car parking is £2.00

£2 parking that’s a new one ?

Thanks lads! (I won’t need parking as I’ve found accommodation within easy strolling distance). Hope to see you there. Robert

robert1952:
Thanks lads! (I won’t need parking as I’ve found accommodation within easy strolling distance). Hope to see you there. Robert

Be sure to have your name on your jacket !

Punchy Dan:

robert1952:

Better change my name to ERF then :laughing:

robert1952:

Punchy Dan:

robert1952:

Better change my name to ERF then :laughing:

You look just like your avatar Robert! That is how I clocked you at Gaydon, obviously you never had the steering wheel in your hand :smiley:

pete smith:
You look just like your avatar Robert! That is how I clocked you at Gaydon, obviously you never had the steering wheel in your hand :smiley:

You’ll have no problem spotting me! Robert:

robert1952:

pete smith:

You’ll have no problem spotting me! Robert:

You will look the part riding that down Llandudno beach!

Anyone got there ,is it boggy ?

A good bank holiday in Llandudno! Robert :smiley:

A couple of old rigid eights - an AEC and a Scammell

DSCF5921.JPG
DSCF5923.JPG

F88 and an FTF

DSCF5926.JPG

This little Scammell Scarab was intriguing. I remember British Railways having them as artics - I think they had Scammell couplings. This one is a unit that has had a demountable luton living body fitted. Very neat!

The Mark 4 Motor Panels cab was well represented in its various forms, as follows:

the tall & wide version (Crusader and ERF ‘European’ - already shown)

DSCF5925.JPG

And the short & narrow version (Seddon, FTF and Guy)

DSCF5933.JPG

DSCF5938.JPG
DSCF5933.JPG

I’ll put some details of the first ERF here (LV cab) on the LV sleeper cabs thread.

DSCF5934.JPG
DSCF5924.JPG
DSCF5936.JPG
DSCF5940.JPG

Leyland Comet.

some great pics there Robert- love that leyand comet artic.

andrew.s:
some great pics there Robert- love that leyand comet artic.

Thank you! I think the late Pat Kennett would have liked the Comet too - he had a real soft spot for them for some reason. Cheers! Robert

Thanks Robert,

Loved the pics. We probably saw more FTFs in Saudi than were knocking about in England then or now - as well as Hanomag Henschells and unterflur Bussings. Oh, that I’d been a photographer! Too busy just living it.

That camel has the 100th smile on its face!

John

John West:
Thanks Robert,

Loved the pics. We probably saw more FTFs in Saudi than were knocking about in England then or now - as well as Hanomag Henschells and unterflur Bussings. Oh, that I’d been a photographer! Too busy just living it.

That camel has the 100th smile on its face!

John

That either betokens that he is indeed the sole custodian of the 100th name for Allah :wink: , or that he has carnal designs upon its rider :open_mouth: Robert :laughing: