Donington Classic Show 31/10

Is anyone else planning on going to this one?

Only managed a couple of trips out this year due to flaky excuses (getting married, new baby) I know should have been more committed! Will be taking a friends E10 as is now the usual.

REVS will be there for us plastic fans too.

I was going but do to an accident I can’t make it this year

ERFMarc:
Is anyone else planning on going to this one?

Only managed a couple of trips out this year due to flaky excuses (getting married, new baby) I know should have been more committed! Will be taking a friends E10 as is now the usual.

REVS will be there for us plastic fans too.

Flaky excuses indeed, it’s about time you got your priorities in order… :smiley: :wink:

I know, back on track now with priorities now though!

would love to go,but not this year.

Do you do any local shows ERF marc■■?

I’ve never been, was going to pop over, is it a good show?

Get to a few. The lorries are kept near Stamford so we tend to travel about an hour from there. The REVS trailer is at the Great North Road Show/AEC gathering at Newark in May. This year they attended the Kettering Steam Rally too. There is a list of shows they attend on the website.

Donington is a good show. Normally only around 30-40 lorries in the outside area, a few more indoors then the auction stuff too but every wagon always seems to be interesting and there’s always loads of people to chat to. If your restoring anything it’s a good place to visit if your after something rare. I remember a guy there last year selling a brand new E series full front bumper for the later E series. Still in plastic wrapping and it even had the ‘cheese blocks’ for under the cab steps. A proper rocking horse ■■■ item!

Take a flask though. £2 for a cuppa, thought I was back on the road and getting robbed at the services!

will have to travel a bit next year :laughing:

I am based between cambrige and newmarket,do you do the wisbech road run■■?

Despite living about two miles off the route nowadays I’ve never been to see it. Know a lot of people who do and it always seems to be good. Other things always tend to get in the way though.

Just me then ■■

Ten quid to get in and the 141 scania from Moody’s advertised was not there but there was a scotlee one there it’s avelled up from Caerphilly to see it very ■■■■■■ of but I did meet some really nice people regards rowland

Not a massive auction this time round. Missed it as was chatting so didn’t see what the 141 or the eight wheel ERF went for. Does anyone know? Liked the parking brake on the ERF as well.

Plenty of good stuff on display. The hall seemed to be better than recent years and always good to put faces to names from people on here and other groups.

I believe the 141 was not sold at £13000

Thanks for the into.

Pretty sure the 141, 143 and flat top F10 were imports as they were LHD.

ERFMarc:
Thanks for the into.

Pretty sure the 141, 143 and flat top F10 were imports as they were LHD.

F10 was a F12 and was a import LHD 141 and 143 were LHD I did not think any sold high reserve 141 22K F12 8K 143 :question:

I’ve seen the 143 that guy restored pàrked on a farm on the a6 other side of hazle grove with other classic scanias.don’t know if its just parked there on someone else’s behalf or that the person who owns the property owns it

Only just got round to looking at the info. Thanks for that everyone.

As for the reserves…world’s gone mad!