Liverpool hauliers 1970/80

Howard Hughes was mentioned earlier in the thread… here is his F89 far left next to my Dads in the Middle , Brenlee were in Faraday Road, Kirby this was taken in Ventimiglia Italy CIrca 1977

Beaver followed on after BrenLee , taken 1981 , Yugolsalvia

routier:
Howard Hughes was mentioned earlier in the thread… here is his F89 far left next to my Dads in the Middle , Brenlee were in Faraday Road, Kirby this was taken in Ventimiglia Italy CIrca 1977

BRENLEE or BRENLEA?

They had lettered the trucks(the F88s) before name registration and found out Brenlea had been taken so used Brenlee Instead. They didn’t change it. They ran a mix of F88s and F89s.They had MTL on the doors Mersey Trucking Ltd It was Peter Reardens (now Mcburney)old company. Harry Haughton from West derby village put a F89 on for them in the same livery.

hi dors any one have any pics of liverpool hauliers trucks s p roadways / r j larkin / goerge davis cheers

truckspark:
hi dors any one have any pics of liverpool hauliers trucks s p roadways / r j larkin / goerge davis cheers

Larkins?
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34275

just added some pics and info in this topic, but also in the pic forum.

Don,t have any pics of any Liverpool hauliers even of the firm I worked for in the early 70`s (Kirkdale Lewis Haulage) of Charleywood Rd, Kirkby Ind Estate as it was then known!

I was a fitter for them in the garage when the labour govnmt. brought in the 3 day week in the early 70`s and then we were takem over by K&G haulage of Preston who promptly sold all the wagons and kept 6 wagons for the “US Lines” container contract and moved the ERF,s to their Preston depot at Bamber Bridge, I think it was Cuerden Mill lane opposite the Lancs. County Council workshops who incidentally had a “Diamond T” recovery truck which I am told was a petrol engined beast!

But for those who might be interested in steam wagons there is in the St. Helens Transport Museum a photo of a line up of Kirkdale Lewis steam wagons (approx 25 /30 of them) at their old yard in Cherry lane Kirkdale.

just got some pics from a mate in liverpool these were is dads and some of his grandads trucks

THATS ALL FOR NOW FOLKS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What about Henry Forsythe and Davies of Bootle.

davies of bootle :question: :question: or do you mean george davis part of the lord vestrey group ie: british beef , dewhurst,s , union cartage company , union distribution ,and also the rockfield group all run from studholme street bootle

truckspark:
davies of bootle :question: :question: or do you mean george davis part of the lord vestrey group ie: british beef , dewhurst,s , union cartage company , union distribution ,and also the rockfield group all run from studholme street bootle

yes

Has anyone got pictures of Peerless Refining lorries, especially the 8 wheel shortening tankers?

Great Pics there, dye remember a firm called John Reardon, ran out of Quarry Road in W, Derby and a Harry Haughton in W Derby village in the 70s? Scanias and Volvos ( Blue or Red )

Samuel Banner… jeez, brings back some memories that… Just Like Gaskells ? Edge Lane Fruit Market ? Stanley Abbattoir ? Ritsons ? Rexmore ?

Geoege Davies became Dual Carriage, they went bust after a buy out in 1998/99

yeh my dad used to subbie for geo davis he also used to buy a lot of there old wagons cant beleive how big davis ,s were and there no pics about
ref: routier a mate of mine used to work for reardons hes going to dig some pics out and post them the pics of retford & jhj are harry,s son,s john it was john son who gave me the pics to post there,s some more pics on the other liverpool topic

routier:
Great Pics there, dye remember a firm called John Reardon, ran out of Quarry Road in W, Derby and a Harry Haughton in W Derby village in the 70s? Scanias and Volvos ( Blue or Red )

Samuel Banner… jeez, brings back some memories that… Just Like Gaskells ? Edge Lane Fruit Market ? Stanley Abbattoir ? Ritsons ? Rexmore ?

Sammy Banner had one of those Fodens with the inward sloping windscreens on tanker work in the 70s.It was 6-wheeled unit,but i can’t remember what model it was called.
Weren’t BRS on Studholme street as well? I remember Ritsons and Gaskells and was it Tower Transport that did meat haulage as well as Union Cartage? My memory aint what it used to be. :unamused:
I’m trying to remember a L’pool fruit haulier with red or maroon Leyland Octopussies.I thought it was H.B and H but they were from Newton-Le-Willows.

Chris Webb:
I’m trying to remember a L’pool fruit haulier with red or maroon Leyland Octopussies.I thought it was H.B and H but they were from Newton-Le-Willows.

Blundell & Rimmer ?

truckspark:
yeh my dad used to subbie for geo davis he also used to buy a lot of there old wagons cant beleive how big davis ,s were and there no pics about
ref: routier a mate of mine used to work for reardons hes going to dig some pics out and post them the pics of retford & jhj are harry,s son,s john it was john son who gave me the pics to post there,s some more pics on the other liverpool topic

Really ? would that be John who is doin DFDS work in Kirby ? Harry Haughton used to do the repairs etc on John Reardons trucks ran by Peter and Jimmy Reardon, think he had one or two on as as a subby, when Reardon went bust , they started up again as MTL / Brenlee, F88/F89s all white, Harry put a F89 on for him… Great if ye can post some pics…!