Liverpool hauliers 1970/80

Slab Murphy:
Does anyone remember Brian ‘Snowy’ Jennings? a well known Liverpool haulage contractor.

Yes I think his yard was in Fulton st just off the dock road

waiting at europort for ferry,been to our yard at spijkeneese ,zeetank,going to akzo in littleborough i think.

another zeetank one,this would pass anything,but you could feel every bump :laughing:

Sniffy:
Pictures posted on behalf of Hasrep

Hi I have just found some pics of Ritsons Haulage where I worked as a driver till they folded in 1990. These were taken in Dales Engineerings yard in Westferry Road on the Isle of Dogs. We used to park up there along with SPD Birdseye. My truck is the ERF B series with the door open, this colour scheme was more popular with the drivers than the later blue and yellow rainbow colour scheme. The other sleeper with the 255t reg was driven by Johnny Lindley, sadly no longer with us.
All I have to do now is fugure out how to load the pics onto the post.
Best wishes
Brian

I use to work at west kent cold store and remember a guy John wilkie I think his name was, curly hair had a b series erf

=========================================

Johnny jag,
I’ve put your post back to how it should be… you pressed the wrong button mate. :wink: :smiley:

Garston Port Services a Bubbs Picc, used to do Timber For BRS Out Garston 69/70s + Lift tks later 70s for Sutton Int, of Lee Green Happy Days Cheers Chris

routier:
Mike Smith… Now Smith Bros ( Truck Dealers ) Widnes

Paul McLoughlin

Steve mac:

routier:
Mike Smith… Now Smith Bros ( Truck Dealers ) Widnes

Paul McLoughlin

This is my dad Paul McLoughlin, also worked for , wrexmore, Bryce Boyd , John rearden , Andrews and bond , Brenlee MTL , tranzfreeze, Derry brothers , beaver transport, little woods , great photo brings back good memories of my dad in the 70s

Just turned up this photo of a couple of H.B. & H. motors. Don’t know the location but more than likely Earlestown, nor the date, probably mid 70s. It might be of interest to someone. Eddie.

image.jpgThought I’d be a bit cheeky and sneak this one in. Hope nobody objects. Eddie.

Bit later than 80’s but anyone remember this firm ?

This was joe glanville

Still trying to get info on Fridgelink from Kirby near to were Frigo,s depot was . All fridge work, anyone remember them only 5/6 motors

What year were they around ? I don’t recall them in all fairness . Were they based at Frigoscandias yard ? What were the motors ?

routier:
What year were they around ? I don’t recall them in all fairness . Were they based at Frigoscandias yard ? What were the motors ?

Router
Not sure of the year,early to mid 70,s. They had AEC with sleeper,s single shelf like,1F88/89 and dad had a new ERF with a sleeper ( was told was the display one from Com Veh show ) .They were ought out by Salvesen,s I do have one photo of there F88/89 but that’s it.Someone found this on the net and sent it to me

Hi

I remember going with my dad in the 80’s he worked for Currens I think they where called Harper Millray before that (I think that’s how its spelt) they had back units with gold writing on and a kings head on the side if I remember right until the went out of business. I also remember him working for Forsyth’s and going to Nelsons Jam. He went on to others in the 90’s and 2000’s. If anyone has pictures of them it would be grate to see

thanks

Looking through this thread, thought of two names not mentioned - David Rees, on Boundary Street, I remember a Volvo F86 driven by Jimmy Gibbons whose wife ran Eileen’s Cafe by the dock, and John Higham who drove an Atkinson Borderer. They had red livery with gold lettering. Another name is Cavendish Transport from Brighton Road in Waterloo, their workshop is still there but is now a furniture shop. Used to do tanker transport, fuel and edibles with Atkinson Borderers, Leyland Marathons, a few B series ERFs doing a lot with Frankie Fehr who [I believe are FF-MAN] and Bibbys; and some Seddon Atkinson 200s on fuel deliveries. Does anyone remember them? What about Langtons in Brunswick place who used to buy the trucks everyone else had finished with? They used to have some fossils on the road, as did Lawrensons on Hawthorne Road where National Tyres are now, a load of old Atkinson 8 wheelers.

bigr250:
I remember Stuart Partington well, in 83 I worked for John Deveny (JMD) when his yard was in Birkenhead doing mostly curtainsider & flat work for BXL plastics from Bromborough and a couple of units on container work for OCL out of Aintree Container Base. In about 1985 we started to do some traction for ACL from S3 Seaforth, I’ve got a few picks somewhere but my scanner doesn’t work so If I can dig them out I’ll take them into work and scan them so I can post them on here.

Ross.

PS, anyone remember Steve Nickolson from Liverpool who traded as ‘Interfreight’ doing Middle East and later Poland & Germany?

Hi Ross, sorry it’s taken me over seven years to post this photo of Stevie Nicks but I have only just noticed your post. :blush:
Is this the Stevie on the right wearing the glasses who you were asking about, the guy on the left was called Howard Hughes. The guy who gave me this photo a few years ago was called Terry Smith who left school and started working for Alfred Dexter as a lorry boy, I.I.R.C. The photo was taken at the truck wash in The Londra Camp in Istanbul, mid eighties.

[attachment=0]FullSizeRender%208.jpg[/attachment]

Robert Armstrongs Litherland.I drove for them from 1973 until emigrating in 1979.Old Liverpool firm.When I drove for them were tankerscarrying mainly Whiskey out to Europe and wine back.

240 Gardner:

gandy:
Yes, i did mean Michael O Leary, sorry about that, is the chinese six Borderer ex Killingbeck ?

That’s right - John Killingbeck built the Atki from a 4x2 Borderer ex W & J Riding.

Hi gandy,
I was a fitter at Mol on Leckwith Road from 1972-1975. A few of the drivers I remember were Henry Calland, Eric Rice. John Crawford.