Leyland Lorries

Hi Mr ken i worked out of montague l meyers westferry rd and thought they were opiset just over bridge, must be me age. by the way great picts of your fleet. very smart thanks for shareing. regards mick.

Michael I think where you talking about is HTS over spill yard also round the corner there was Georges Transport another one Ralph swallowed up trying to find some old Sampson ones now I know Les has some of the 1418 and Sed Atks when they came home new from rylands of edgware road I will ask again when his next in UK

ok mr ken. it was late 60s early 70s. must be all them derv fumes. regagrds mick.

mrken:
I sold it to a bloke who run all Leyland coaches in Scotland I remembered it from when I worked in the workshops at Sampsons we had [zb] loads of them there and all ways liked them That was G.L.Bakers unit from new and there workshops converted it to recovery
Now ive got the hang of this I will post some more of it in Bakers and when we were painting it

If you would please ken, would be nice to see it, as i say can i hells find the add when it was for sale sure it was in one of the classic mags but i cannot seem to find the bugger, as i say would love to buy it ,

I will put them on for you this week only just sussed the scanner lol
Have all the ones when we painted it re skinned both doors and all the back of the cab shouldnt go rotton for a long while all pannels were zibarted love that stuff. They all seem to have lasted rot wise with that even that old foden s41 was on flee bay the other week and seems to have lasted .

mrken:
I will put them on for you this week only just sussed the scanner lol
Have all the ones when we painted it re skinned both doors and all the back of the cab shouldnt go rotton for a long while all pannels were zibarted love that stuff. They all seem to have lasted rot wise with that even that old foden s41 was on flee bay the other week and seems to have lasted .

Looking foward to it kenny, thanks very much, always liked ur motors when i was in 39 berth was just something about them, cheers daz

mrken:
I sold it to a bloke who run all Leyland coaches in Scotland I remembered it from when I worked in the workshops at Sampsons we had [zb] loads of them there and all ways liked them That was G.L.Bakers unit from new and there workshops converted it to recovery
Now ive got the hang of this I will post some more of it in Bakers and when we were painting it

nice motor Mr. Ken - Bakers converted a lot of their old kit into wreckers. I fondly remember an old Guy Big J (it was awful to drive) but really powerful. Also, down at Faversham they got hold of an ex Transhield Bedford TM that was an absolute beast. Not sure what the powerhouse was (prob a big Detroit) but apparently because it had been a prototype, Bedford told GLB that if they were to get rid of it that it had to be cut up for no further use. It went right off the clock and if you were being towed…scary!

Lawrence Dunbar:

Looking at the photos you have put on Lawrence, it looks like you ran some tidy motors.

altitude:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Looking at the photos you have put on Lawrence, it looks like you ran some tidy motors.

Thank you, we were a family concern & allways took pride in our gear, even the old tools Eh, Happy days Larry

nice motor Mr. Ken - Bakers converted a lot of their old kit into wreckers. I fondly remember an old Guy Big J (it was awful to drive) but really powerful. Also, down at Faversham they got hold of an ex Transhield Bedford TM that was an absolute beast. Not sure what the powerhouse was (prob a big Detroit) but apparently because it had been a prototype, Bedford told GLB that if they were to get rid of it that it had to be cut up for no further use. It went right off the clock and if you were being towed…scary!hayday

I remember the TM that ended up at Round here I think And a chap Graham had the KM with the V6 in it bet the Big J looked well never saw that one

Brand new F 70 JJR, To G,Lowdon Ltd, Seaton Burn & The still own it.

ex elstran marathon is up on ebay at the moment Item number: 260886626954

with a V 8 Perkins

Few more Leylands…

The last 8wheel Leyland Smiths bought. They also had a 6wheeler G985 RJO although I’ve not seen any photos of it.
Not sure if myself or anyone else has mentioned it but does anyone see the resemblance between the Constructor and the Daf CF?

A few oldies from transportphotos.com/road/photos

BC00035-04 Leyland Super Comet-McArdel.jpg
CX00822 Leyland Super Comet-Febrys Transport.jpg
Curtis Abingdon.jpg
CX00958-18 Leyland Retreiver-A H Gore Transport.jpg
CXc00757 Leyland Comet LAD cabbed-Coopers Skips.jpg

Stanfield:
A few oldies from transportphotos.com/road/photos

I drove that Leyland of Coopers years ago, it was a good little lorry. :slight_smile:

bmc