Leicester's Bygone's

Hi all , question for you Leicester boys :question: :question:
Did A. M . Walker’s do some work for Carlsberg in Northampton in the 70s, as i’ve vague memories of their orange F88s loading in the brewery around that time or am i thinking of someone else :confused: :confused:

what about wainwrights from ashby,who are still going, always had green erfs/sed aks on stone mainly out of breedon,moores yard has houses built on it now andrews who took moores over now run from the old measham pit site.who can remember orpwards from donisthorpe who ran a very tidy fleet of light blue foden tippers on coalwork,i think foden used to use them to test some of the new models.

I can remember orpwoods always had fodens with gardners in well into the late 80,s they were on coal and coke,there was also c.h.walkers green and white fodens.

anyone remember LS haulage from donisthorpe?ran a fleet of bedford Tk tippers in the sixties.

Bees transport from hinckley? Anyone remember?! Pics?!

Beetie:

“Beetie” click here BEES TRANSPORT - #44 by jimmy_m - TRANSPORT PHOTO FORUM (MEMBERS ONLY) - Trucknet UK
Hope this helped :wink:

tonyhogi:
Hi all , question for you Leicester boys :question: :question:
Did A. M . Walker’s do some work for Carlsberg in Northampton in the 70s, as i’ve vague memories of their orange F88s loading in the brewery around that time or am i thinking of someone else :confused: :confused:

Hi Tonyhogi, (iirc) my grandad had a mate on am walkers in the 70s and i remember them pulling carlesberg tankers with their orange f88s then their f10s… They also did some powder tank work out of derby as well

Beetie:

I remember Bees transport very well, a company i used to work for in the wharehouse before i got my class 1 used to have a collection everyday from bees, the driver was an oldish chap quite tall, skinny, big moustache and always wore a flat cap and we used to call him the major… I’ve not long moved to a village not too far from hinkley and in the stable yard behind my house is an old Bees transport body, i’ll get some pics an try an figure out how to put them on… :slight_smile:

Hi Tonyhogi, (iirc) my grandad had a mate on am walkers in the 70s and i remember them pulling carlesberg tankers with their orange f88s then their f10s… They also did some powder tank work out of derby as well

[/quote]
Thanks Gunnerheskey for clearing that one up :wink: Heres a pic of the tanks they used to have

Has anyone any pics of Walkers Volvo’s :question:

A few more to think about
Pinnacle International Freight
K R Turners
Murphys
P M Rucks
R F Brookes
Neil Bros
Pickarby’s

Does this one count or is it to old.
JOHN ELLIS & SONS Ltd

tonyhogi:

Thanks Gunnerheskey for clearing that one up :wink: Heres a pic of the tanks they used to have

[/quote]
Superb picture is that tony… I remember after the buffallo’s carlsberg getting about 30 or so brand new Daf 2500s reg no MAM 323X and so on. As for the AM Walker volvo’s in orange i know a friend of a friend and i’m working on it… :slight_smile:

Stanfield:
Does this one count or is it to old.
JOHN ELLIS & SONS Ltd

Great picture stanfield, yeah of course it counts. The more the merrier as they say .
Cheers

gunnerheskey:

tonyhogi:

Superb picture is that tony… I remember after the buffallo’s carlsberg getting about 30 or so brand new Daf 2500s reg no MAM 323X and so on. As for the AM Walker volvo’s in orange i know a friend of a friend and i’m working on it… :slight_smile:
[/quote]
We’re turning this into a ‘Carlsberg’ thread :unamused: :slight_smile:
Heres what Bulwark transport started with when the brewery opened … 1973/4 time

& one of the ‘MAM’ reg. Daf’s- one of Norman’s pics (hope he wont mind) :wink:

Good luck with the pics :stuck_out_tongue:

Heres one mentioned earlier by Rich12 and Longpod.
M Orpwood of Donisthorpe nr Measham Leicestershire.A gardner powered Foden S24 FROM 1963.

I have also added this to the Peter Slater thread(so its on twice)
JOHN

Superb pictures John, like the Bullwarks seddon, and MAM328X Daf2500s good to see them again as i remember when they were all brand new… :smiley:

I may have asked this before but didn’t Whieldons have tippers at one time? I know they ran buses from around Loughboro’ area.

Bexton & Smiths Of Coalville SEDACK 401

Orpwoods FODEN

Bees Of Hinckley 2800.

rich12:

Orpwoods FODEN

Bees Of Hinckley 2800.

Jeez ! that Bexton and smith Sedak
Think they still have a yard in coalville still doin coal.
There’s a good picture of one of their old Atki’s in “the Legend that is Peter Davies” book called Atkinson, HOA 504N

gunnerheskey:

rich12:

Orpwoods FODEN

Bees Of Hinckley 2800.

Jeez ! that Bexton and smith Sedak
Think they still have a yard in coalville still doin coal.
There’s a good picture of one of their old Atki’s in “the Legend that is Peter Davies” book called Atkinson, HOA 504N

bextons finished a good 10 yrs ago,they got rid of all the tippers and just kept a couple of rigids doing house coal deliverys for british coal.a mate of mine used to drive a b reg 8 legger for them just before they sold up.the yard that had the tightest entrance between 2 houses i have ever seen was sold for building some yrs ago.