Leicester's Bygone's

nick lambden:
Great pictures.The slab yard at Bardon would have been late 60s early 70s. The Dodge K1050 was F reg I think. In the early days the fork lifts had mechanical scan lift grabs .When in bardon garage I worked on the Dodge.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nick go onto Facebook , Coalville history . John Neal has posted loads of Bardon picture

Thanks will do.

This ERF was coming out of Bexton and Smith yard Coalville after a cab rebuild

hope he didn’t knock the motorcyclist off :wink:

Ha yes. He was ok.

Aec mammoth major

another couple of aec mercuries

277529052_dc388b6120.jpg

robinswh:
0Aec mammoth major

no greedy boards :open_mouth: i’d love to see him take his first corner …at speed! :laughing:

Great pictures. That’s the way to load .No sheet.

must have kept the windscreen repair shops in full employment !1 I m not absolutely sure on this but I think the 2 aecs were ex beeney

My Albion 4 wheel flat PHE635G. Taken 1976.

Miller’s tar plant being delivered to Bardon quarry.1950s.

bexton and smith

unnamed.jpg

p632446510-4.jpg

I have driven Bextons Dodge in the early to midd 70s ,was in better condition then. Also I have done repairs on it.

2 Bexton and Smith Atkinson 8 wheelers.Ex CTS Tamworth.

nick lambden:
I have driven Bextons Dodge in the early to midd 70s ,was in better condition then. Also I have done repairs on it.

can you do a few more repairs on the little dodge,nick? look’s a nice restoration project :slight_smile:

Yes that’s a big job Bextons had alot of lorry’s parked up like that . Don’t know what happened to them when they sold the yard. It’s now houses.

a couple more

A03577p.JPG

6.jpg

Moores of ashby early Leyland comet…fast motor but hard to stop 2 Orpwoods donisthorpe

ko%20M%20Orpwood%20Fleet.jpg

image (2).png

robinswh:
Moores of ashby early Leyland comet…fast motor but hard to stop 2 Orpwoods donisthorpe

I can believe that, Hedly Shaw of Stapleford had one of those with the cab smashed in, always parked alongside the garage as a warning. :laughing: