Leicester's Bygone's

robinswh:
They had a large fleet of green Leyland comets mainly flatbeds in the 1960 s never liked them their drivers wouldn’t give me a lift when I thumbed it from coalville to ashby on my journey to school.

You should have shown them a bit of leg Wayne :smiley:

One of BDs

FB_IMG_1581072311924.jpg
Before he met Mr Everard I presume

FB_IMG_1581248063561.jpg
They reckon to flog a willing horse

Photo-Foden-Tipper-Bardon.jpg

Remember these in the 70s, they had a couple of brick lorries. Pete Fowkes pictures

All Anita Marbrow photo

fantastic photos Paul …those little kids would be my age now…didnt know they ever had fodens…they had a couple of normal control bedfords in the mid 1960 s. One was driven by a bloke called sam Haywood who bought one of the first thames trader in the district he became an owner operator at whitwick quarry this was about 1958. Give my thanks to Anita Marbrow for the great photos

robinswh:
fantastic photos Paul …those little kids would be my age now…didnt know they ever had fodens…they had a couple of normal control bedfords in the mid 1960 s. One was driven by a bloke called sam Haywood who bought one of the first thames trader in the district he became an owner operator at whitwick quarry this was about 1958. Give my thanks to Anita Marbrow for the great photos

Thought these pictures would draw your eye Wayne, the Fodens were ex Tarmac Cliffe Hill I think. None of mine on there, the Reiver at the far end was mine,L reg ex OD at Mountsorrel, good motor

whitmores.jpg

i284008264544157328.jpg

I bet this was a pig to drive ….a 4 wheeler stretched into an 8 wheeler

robinswh:
I bet this was a pig to drive ….a 4 wheeler stretched into an 8 wheeler

the driver looks like a big lad though…bet he could cope with no power steering :slight_smile:

FB_IMG_1582734025000.jpg

FB_IMG_1582737579743.jpg

Just ordered this for you Paul! N.M.P

pete smith:
Just ordered this for you Paul! N.M.P

Very good of you Pete

Never liked the idea of standing outside when tipping, donkey engine gives you no choice. Cheers Coomsey

FB_IMG_1583258487490.jpg
CF yeti put me right on this guy, I think, but he may as well told my dog,cos I’ve forgotten

HuK1895.jpg
Never knew they had Dodges

FB_IMG_1582734716467.jpg