Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

It’s only a bit of fun but does give a little insight into reversing a big bendy thing!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Be interested in a blast in a W+D, went straight on to artics after I passed so have no experience in anything else to be honest.

Trying to get the wife to try out the C+E too

W+D not normally available on Open Days as everyone generally wants to have a go on the artics. But very welcome to come and drink coffee and eat donuts!

btw, I believe there may be an outstanding offer on W+D for the Open Day. When everything is confirmed, I’ll put it up on here.

What’s the total cost currently for a total newbie for C with no Cpc, theory or medical done as yet. At the moment obviously not including any open day offers please Pete?

the total cost currently for a total newbie for C with no Cpc, theory or medical done as yet

STARTER PACK (medical, online theory training, 2 days classroom training, all three theory tests booked at a local centre) £250
CAT C (1:1 tuition, test fee, VAT etc) £1400
MOD 4 (practical demonstration walk round test, including training, use of vehicle for test, test fee, VAT, etc) £300

TOTAL: £1950

Trucknet discount applies @10%. So deduct £195 = £1755

Free accommodation if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW

BUT WATCH THIS SPACE FOR THE OPEN DAY OFFERS WHICH, APPARENTLY, ARE TO BE RELEASED EARLIER THAN NORMAL.

Cheers Pete I will let him know. Gonna try and get him to the open day that is up coming.

Cheers Pete I will let him know. Gonna try and get him to the open day that is up coming.

That’s good and is appreciated.

On a slightly different topic what courses can you gain Cpc hours from other than driver training?

I know ADR being one I think but expensive to do?

On a slightly different topic what courses can you gain Cpc hours from other than driver training?

I know ADR being one I think but expensive to do?

Apart from classroom sessions, we only offer “in cab” (CE upgrade) or ADR. This perhaps isn’t as expensive as you may think. Normal Trucknet rate is £540 including exams and 28hrs cpc. Full ADR excluding radioactive and explosives. Once again, the Open Day offers often have an effect even on this low price.

Other providers may offer HIAB with cpc. And I’m sure there are other offerings that I cant bring to mind at present.

Thanks Pete.

Just looking at options as fed up with the usual rubbish Cpc courses we get chucked on at work but then again they are free and I get paid for attending.

Just thinking about other options.

I only have 7 hours to go for my next DCPC to go.

Maybe you should suggest a change of trainer to your employer and get some worthwhile training.

As always, there will be offers for the Open Day. But this is a new one that has been released early. So anyone who wants to beat the rush can simply book this by calling 01623 555661. No need to wait till the Open Day.

This is our brand new ULTIMATE DRIVING COURSE. Please ask for it by name.

FROM CAR TO ARTIC

What’s included?

CAT C COURSE & TEST
CAT C RETEST IF REQUIRED
MOD 4 COURSE & TEST
MOD 4 RETEST IF REQUIRED
CAT CE COURSE (your choice of drawbar or artic)
CAT CE RETEST IF REQUIRED

All practical training is 1:1 with fully trained, NVDIR registered instructor.
• Reversing practice on the same concrete you take your test at our own private test centre.
• Modern, well maintained fleet.
• Full admin support; all appointments made on your behalf and for your approval.
• Customer care team available during all normal office hours to answer any queries’

How much?

£2599 (drawbar) or £2,999 (artic) Prices are fully inclusive of test fees as described, VAT, insurance and accommodation if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW.
• £200 deposit to secure dates. Balance due 14 days before start of CAT C training’
• Funds allocated to CE cannot be used for further retests on CAT C; having used the retest included in the course, further retests will be charged at £300 fully inclusive.
• In the highly unlikely event of the CAT C not being passed, a partial refund will be given. The amount will be calculated allowing for normal charges on services supplied. Offer only available to
customers without a current booking with us.
• No other promotion or offer can be used in conjunction with this offer.

POST COPIED TO THE OPEN DAY THREAD HERE = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=159736

COPIED FROM A SEPARATE POST HERE = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=159765

QUOTING THE FORUM SPONSOR PETER SMYTHE…

As always, there will be offers for the Open Day. But this is a new one that has been released early. So anyone who wants to beat the rush can simply book this by calling 01623 555661. No need to wait till the Open Day.

This is our brand new ULTIMATE DRIVING COURSE. Please ask for it by name.

FROM CAR TO ARTIC

What’s included?

CAT C COURSE & TEST
CAT C RETEST IF REQUIRED
MOD 4 COURSE & TEST
MOD 4 RETEST IF REQUIRED
CAT CE COURSE (your choice of drawbar or artic)
CAT CE RETEST IF REQUIRED

All practical training is 1:1 with fully trained, NVDIR registered instructor.
• Reversing practice on the same concrete you take your test at our own private test centre.
• Modern, well maintained fleet.
• Full admin support; all appointments made on your behalf and for your approval.
• Customer care team available during all normal office hours to answer any queries’

How much?

£2599 (drawbar) or £2,999 (artic) Prices are fully inclusive of test fees as described, VAT, insurance and accommodation if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW.
• £200 deposit to secure dates. Balance due 14 days before start of CAT C training’
• Funds allocated to CE cannot be used for further retests on CAT C; having used the retest included in the course, further retests will be charged at £300 fully inclusive.
• In the highly unlikely event of the CAT C not being passed, a partial refund will be given. The amount will be calculated allowing for normal charges on services supplied. Offer only available to
customers without a current booking with us.
• No other promotion or offer can be used in conjunction with this offer.

Thanks ROG. Saved me a job!

i know you have probably been asked this question a billion times, but what would be the total cost to go from cat b licence to cat c and then onto cat c+e? (including medical and cpc modules) i also understand you do a finance option is this still the case? :smiley: nevermind ive just read the post above which explains everything… :unamused:

Pete I assume there is a time limit on the Ultimate driving course?

I.e the length of time someone could take the C training first and then the C+E training later?

Just asking out of curiosity really, I’ll be along at the open day with a newbie as I mentioned before.

It’s not actually stated. But I cant see folks wanting to wait a long time for CE when it’s already been paid for!

Peter Smythe:
It’s not actually stated. But I cant see folks wanting to wait a long time for CE when it’s already been paid for!

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

That’s very true I guess. This isn’t meant as a dig at all so apologies if it comes across like that.

Been trying to come up with a reply but no matter how I word it, just looks like I’m having a pop at your course or putting people down.

It just concerns me with the general state of driving on the roads that people can jump straight from a car to driving a 44 ton truck.

I personally did a natural progression from car to large vans to 7.5 ton then 18t then finally got round to doing my big boys licence as you know. I believe that even though I have been told every time I was a natural driver and have good spatial awareness, that doing it all in stages benefitted me and made things easier.

Some people are like me others aren’t people have very different abilities.

As a prime example last night on the M1 a car was dawdling at 50 or less in lane 3 breaking for no apparent reason, causing chaos behind it, cars that would not undertake it so slowing down and causing all the half competent drivers into lane 4.

Someone who clearly shouldn’t have a licence, or doesn’t have a licence, or drunk or high or plain not all there or just does not care about anyone or anything or what they do.

A same person who could theoretically jump straight into a 44 ton truck after being taught to pass a test.

Now that’s just once instance but we could write novels of the sheer stupidity on the roads daily.

God I’m starting to sound like Robroy now.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

I don’t take it as a dig at what I provide at all. It’s a criticism of the system and it may or may not be valid. There are many changes I would love to see to the training/testing regime but they wont happen in my lifetime.

It is clear, IMO, that the people who make the rules regarding training/testing have little industry knowledge. I attend meetings frequently with DVSA and progress is sometimes made. I campaigned for years for an end to the gear changing exercise, for instance, and eventually (after around 20 years) the rules changed. So I refuse to despair!

The fact is that anyone wishing to drive a truck should look for the best quality training so they set themselves up as well as possible for the future.

In the meantime, we do the best with what the law states.

Lots of interest in this special course. It seems to be the choice between drawbar and artic that is attractive together with the free retests on CAT C, CE and Mod 4. The savings on this course are spectacular and wont last forever.

So don’t miss out. You can book on the Open Day in person of course. Or you can book anytime beforehand to make sure you don’t miss it.

Any questions, fire away.