Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

As above!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, you certainly can. But donā€™t ask me to teach you how to reverse it haha!

Just to remind you that the Open Day Offers will end strictly 5pm TODAY! (Monday).

So itā€™s not too late - but donā€™t miss out.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I have booked the ADR course :smiley: Sorry I couldnā€™t make it on Saturday

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Pete
Can you give me an update on the prices, at your centre, for Cat C, please? Iā€™ve just seen the offer in the Darren Shaw thread and, seeing as I have a few k in the bank now, am sorely tempted. But I like the sound of the orig Peter Smythe centre and would be willing to pay that little bit more to go there (at some point).
Accommodation is no prob at DS centre, my stepmum has a big house and pool in Worksop, 25k away. Hire car for the week.

Also, given that Iā€™m only on 7.5 atm, what certs would I have to bring with me?

Which brings me onto another point to run your expert eye over, if you would?
DVLA now accept that I did pass my Class 2 in 76. I have a letter from them admitting it. Does this mean that I donā€™t need to do certain Modules? That they accept that I have the grandfather rights? What do you think, mate?

CAT C at PSTT is Ā£1260 allowing for Trucknet discount. Free accommodation for the duration of the practical training.

You will need to present your provisional CAT C licence + theory pass certificates.

Whilst you may have passed your test previously, it doesnā€™t equate to having the licence. So, as far as I can see, it brings you no further forward. I presume youā€™ve done an online licence entitlement check just in case DVLA have added it?

Just to point out the Darren Shaw outfit uses our main reversing areas and, sometimes, test on site.

Hopet this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Does doing the cat C still get DCPC hours Peter :question:

No. But CE can if all the conditions are met.

Peter Smythe:

No. But CE can if all the conditions are met.

Is that now a rule across the industry or can those already with pre 1997 C1 get DCPC hours from doing C :question:

It is a rule. But, like all rules, there are those who will break it. But I prefer to stick to the rules.

Is this still on offer ? Iā€™m after my C+E and noticed you offer weekend training which would be ideal! How soon could I get onto a course please ?

Very interested in C+E either weekend or a week course ? Just wondered on pricing, be travelling up from the South West, but reading peoples reviews and comments on here its definitely worth the travel.

I have replied to your pm.

Yes, it is still on offer. You donā€™t get any discounts or accommodation and this only applies to PSTT (not DST). So the cost is Ā£1550 + accommodation.

You would pay Ā£200 on booking, a futher Ā£350 2 weeks before the start of the course and the remaining balance is paid at Ā£100 per month over the following 10 months. So no interest.

For dates you are best speaking to our staff at the office as I would only be guessing and thatā€™s not good! The number is 01623 555661 and is available from 0730 to 1700 Monday to Friday.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi peter, I was wondering if this offer would be open if I wanted to book C and the C+E together and how the payments would work?

many thanks

Hi

Cant do both courses together on finance. This is how it would work:

CAT C Ā£1400 (200 on booking, 200 14 days before start of training, 10 months @ Ā£100)
CAT CE Ā£1550 (200 on booking, 350 14 days before start of training, 10 months @ Ā£100)

BUT your maximum debt cannot exceed Ā£1000. In other words, the CAT needs to be paid for before you take finance on CE.

An alternative is to do some clever juggling with interest free credit cards. That way, you could possibly start CE around 4 weeks after passing CE. Under no circumstances is it physically possible to do the courses ā€œback to backā€ as most brokers would have you believe. Reason is that your licence has to be updated by DVLA and this will include your CE provisional. It is prudent to allow 4 weeks though it sometimes happens in half that time.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Many thanks Pete.

Like it says: our next Open Day is Saturday, 16th March. Youā€™re welcome between 0900 and 1400. Come and have a go reversing an artic, or a rigid. Have a look around the training centre. Take advantage of our brilliant special offers (details much nearer the time). Our free accommodation for those more than 70 miles away will still apply.

These events are always very well supported so come and see us. btw, free coffee and donuts till they run out!

Family friendly, but please keep hold of the little people around the trucks.

Details of the offers will be released the day before the event, but fire away with any other questions.

If you think you might like to purchase any of our services, it would be a massive help if you have your current driving licence with you. But donā€™t worry about it if you cant find it!

Thanks Pete. If I can be there I will as Iā€™m keen to go for my Class 1 (even though Iā€™ve only just passed my Class 2). Having a go at an artic reverse sounds interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk