laptop charger

Hi guys. I was looking everywhere but could not find a thing. Im after a proper 24v charger for my laptop as the ebay one is crap as You can imagine. Any help would be apprecieated. Thanks

Which eBay one is crap? There are several different ones on sale there…

I currently have 3 in 1 universal ac adapter which has blow off today:-((

Surely an AC adaptor is the wrong thing to be using on a lorry’s 24V DC supply…?

Ok so differnt question would 300w 12v power inverter and voltage dropper be fine for most of the truck im driving? Some have 12 some 24 ? Thanks for You help ps i ask for help not for tellimg me what im doing wrong cheers if You dont wanna help simply do not reply…

An inverter is going to be more flexible in the long term, and can be used for other stuff - rather than the one-trick pony of a dedicated DC adaptor for the lappy. Balanced against that of course is the need to carry (and connect up) multiple gadgets. That’s got to be a judgement call for yourself, based on whether you are cab-hopping, can safely leave stuff in the cab between shifts etc.

300W should be fine, as most laptop mains adaptors draw around 200W on the input. For truck use, I would have thought a 24V job would be the only option as a 12V device would need to pull 30A or more to achieve 300W.

The big question of course is quality - and what happens if the thing packs up on you. Problem is they are nearly all made in some anonymous Chinese factory these days so it’s next to impossible to identify the “good” ones from the dodgy ones. You could probably write a book on the varied experiences people have had with eBay sellers and their wares. I think you’d need to do your homework and sort out exactly who (and where) you are going to deal with.

junior2891:
Ok so differnt question would 300w 12v power inverter and voltage dropper be fine for most of the truck im driving? Some have 12 some 24 ? Thanks for You help ps i ask for help not for tellimg me what im doing wrong cheers if You dont wanna help simply do not reply…

■■■■ ur dummy in …if you don’t like a reply don’t answer to it …
as far as I can see the answer given was an observation which could be construed as helpful advice…
Chill out